Good solo games/stories?

Pandaman

Definitely get Fallout 4 and the Bioshock trilogy absolute must haves.

Suggestions:

Mass Effect series (it'll steal your soul like The Witcher does)

Uncharted series

Dishonoured 2

Prey

Marvel's Spider-Man

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Sleeping Dogs

L.A Noire

Detroit Become Human

Even though you said solo, do yourself a favour and play Red Dead Redemption 2. It's an absolute masterpiece and online isn't too bad.

• Like 1

I don't own a PS4, but I know of few really good ones:

God Of War

Shadow Of The Colossus (Remake)

The Last Guardian

Yakuza series

Mad Max (If you like GTA style games or Mad Max franchise)

Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy

Spyro Reignited Trilogy

Shenmue I&II

Ni No Kuni II

Any LEGO game

Batman: Arkham Knight

inFamous series

Hope it helps & happy gaming, dude (or babe)!

• Like 1

I've been playing Divinity: Original Sin 2 on PC and it's great, I highly recommend it. You might want to start with the first game tho, I heard good things about that one, but haven't played it even though I already have it

• Like 1

I know Final Fantasy XV is divisive, but I really enjoyed it. If you're the 100%ing type I think some of the DLC/multiplayer trophies would require rolling back a patch to obtain; I don't know for certain because the multiplayer never interested me. You can, however, obtain the platinum by yourself in the main story.

I'd also recommend the Final Fantasy X/X-2 remasters on either PS3 or PS4 (X is the better of the two by far).

Pyre is an underated masterpiece.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PoohBearQuixote said:

I had in mind continuing with the Dishonored saga too, I personally loved the first one.

I take note of the rest, and regarding RD2, are the online trophies easier than in the first one? I wouldn´t like to boost them with people and so on. If so, yea, the game is a must have.

Thanks for the recommendations too

It's worthwhile especially since you loved the first. Dishonoured 2 improves on it in every way.

Yeah RDR2's online trophies are easier than the first and no boosting is required. Only times you have to interact with anyone else is doing a free roam event as part of a posse with 2 members which is easy because randoms send invites to their posses regularly. Also there is countering another posse's free roam event.

No worries mate.

I'd recommend (in no particular order):

Final Fantasy X/X-2

Final Fantasy XII

Final Fantasy XIII

Uncharted Series

Mass Effect Series

X-Men Origins Wolverine

Resident Evil Origins

Resident Evil 2

Horizon Zero Dawn

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

South Park The Stick of Truth

South Park The Fractured But Whole

The Bureau XCOM Declassified

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor (Minor online trophies if I remember correctly)

Middle Earth Shadow of War (Minor online trophies)

The Last of Us

Hopefully some of these ideas will help!

My recommendations would depend on whether you’re after a good story, good gameplay or both. But some games I’d recommend are:

• The “Tales of” series have amazing stories for the most part. I’d highly recommend Symphonia and Vesperia (get the PS4 version of Vesperia, as the PS3 is Japanese only). The gameplay is nothing special (it’s not bad, but it’s not going to blow you away), but the stories and characters are great in every game from the series that I’ve played so far (on other consoles, only played one game on my PSN account so far.
  • The Kingdom Hearts series are great games. Gameplay is fun, and stories are good for the most part (although they get a bit convoluted with later entries). You can pick up four games in one by getting the 1.5 + 2.5 Remix for PS4.
  • Most Final Fantasy games have good stories. The gameplay isn’t great for the most part though (XV has fun gameplay but the story was garbage and it didn’t feel like an FF game as a result). The graphics are very dated in FFVII though, but that’s being remade and released next year so will probably be worth a watch. 
  • Anything made by Supergiant games. Bastion, Transistor and Pyre are all great in their own way (Transistor is my personal favourite), and I have no doubt Hades will be great when it releases.
  • Cyberpunk 2077 hasn’t released yet, but it’s from the folks who made the Witcher games and it’s one you should keep an eye on. Should release April next year. 
  • Someone already mentioned Hellblade and NieR Automata. I’d definitely recommend both of those, along with the original NieR game for PS3. 
  • The Ratchet and Clank games are amazing fun to play. Story is nonsense but the gameplay is great and a little mad. You can make your enemies dance or turn them into chickens/sheep/ducks. I mean, what more do you want in life?
  • The inFamous games are good fun to play, stories are alright. The “powers” your character has are different from other games I’ve played and really good fun to run around with. I haven’t played the PS3 games but everyone recommends them too.
  • Just Cause didn’t seem like it’d be my type of game as I don’t like gun-based gameplay normally. But blowing stuff up with mad weapons is just fun. And the tether/wingsuit combination is fun to traverse the environment with, so much so that I even enjoyed sipping around the map for the entire time I played. Never drove a vehicle unless I was forced to. You can do the “online” trophies in JC3 with just an alt account on your PS4.

Hope you manage to find some good games that you enjoy! 

• Like 3

For ps3 and ps4, I would recommend..

FFX/X-2

FFXII TZA

FF13, 13-2 and Lightning Returns on the PS3

Tales series:  Berseria, Vesperia, Xillia, Xillia 2, Symphonia and Graces F

Nier Automata

Disgaea 5

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5, 2.8 and 3

Persona 5

Resonance Of Fate

You can play this on either the PS3 or PS4, it's a unique RPG with combat that makes use of your Gun-Fu. Doing the Battle Arena challenges is pretty tedious, but everything else was pretty enjoyable!

Grasshopper/Suda51 games

No More Heroes, Black Knight Sword, Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw (Leaderboard trophy tho), Killer Is Dead, Ranko Tsukigime's Last Day, The Silver Case/The 25th Ward. They're not rpgs, but these games are awesome in terms of weirdness. If you're looking for something different, consider checking these out.

Drakengard 3

Semi-related to the NieR universe, it's got hack and slash combat and you can even fight with a dragon. It's got biting and lewd humor, an oddball cast, awesome music, and multiple endings that give the story an interesting depth. The Ending D boss fight is a giant pain in the ass, however.

Edited by Bittersweet

Surprised no one's mentioned the PS2 classics. I highly recommend you Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2. Some of the most fun child and adult me have had playing video games. I've replayed 2 7 times already and plan to make it 8 when I eventually buy it for the trophies. Other JRPG PS2 classics include:

-Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits: haven't played

-Okage: Shadow King: haven't played

-Rogue Galaxy: played it, liked it, too many stupid difficulty curves imo

-Star Ocean: Till the End of Time: only played 1 on the PSP and it was average imo, hear this is a 300+ hour platinum though

-Wild Arms 3: only played 1's remake and it was good, about to play 2 so I can play 3 for trophies, hear they aren't connected besides easter eggs so you should be free to play 3 first

Edited by MandA60VISE

7 hours ago, PoohBearQuixote said:

Taking a look to the trophy list it seems that the worst thing would be grindin all the way to max level in multiplayer... but that is doable.... thanks again! 1f601.png

Yeah that is true, although it's not that much of a grind if you don't rush it. Plus there's a huge update coming soon to make online even more fun.

The Quantic Dream games: Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Detroit Become Human.

As well as any Telltale games, although you will probably have to find physical discs to play them, as they are getting delisted from the PlayStation store. My personal favourites are The Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands.

No platinum, but King's Quest is a beautiful game. An old, dying king shares stories, that you play in, to his granddaughter of the adventures he ha throughout his life.

A Plague Tale: Innocence: You play as a teenage girl in the 1300s protecting her younger brother as they flee rats carrying The Plague and the Inquisition.

Life is Strange: You play teenage Max who discovers that she has the ability to rewind time at any moment, leading her every choice to enact the butterfly effect. After having foreseen an approaching storm, Max must take on the responsibility to prevent it from destroying her town.

Bully: A port of a PS2 game, so don't expect great graphics. It's like GTA, highschool edition.

Oxenfree: A group of friends explore an island and have to figure out how to stop a paranormal force they accidentally release.

Night in the Woods: You have to uncover a dark secret hidden in a town of anthropomorphic animals. One of hose games that looks cute but covers mature themes like mental illness and classism.

Edited by Neocarleen
Fixing a tiny grammar mistake
  • Like 1

Why has no one said SKYRIM so far? ?

Skyrim

Skyrim

Skyrim :D

Ni No Kuni 1/2

Borderlands (great Shooter RPG mix)

Final Fantasy X

God of War Franchise

The Last Of Us (easier mp trophies on PS4)

Dishonored

Bioshock

Batman Arkham Asylum/City

Dead Space

GTA Vice City

Splinter Cell Franchise

Okami

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Edited by Evil_Joker88

You can't go wrong with Resident Evil 7 and Resident Evil Revelations 2. Both are pretty fun games. If you end up playing Stardew Valley (I highly recommend if you like farming sims) you may wanna check out the OG Harvest Moon PS2 ports of Save The Homeland and A Wonderful Life. I put AWL and STH in my backlog, but Stardew was inspired by the OG HM games. Diablo III Reaper of Souls is pretty good too, though I had more fun playing that with friends. (You can do it solo though) I know someone listed some TellTale games but.. The first TellTale Batman was great! I'm currently playing the second TellTale Batman and it's really good so far! Life Is Strange 2, only play if you play the first one cause instead of following the story of Max you'll play as Chloe her friend that you see in the first game.

I was gonna give some more but a few people said them already. (BioShock Collection which is 1 2 and Infinite, Fallout 4, Borderlands the first game is good 2 is even better, TellTale Borderlands, Life Is Strange, Stardew Valley, Resident Evil Origins which is 0 and 1, Batman Return to Arkham which is Asylum and City.)

These aren't RPG's but.. If you enjoy the survival horror genre, I highly recommend White Day: a labrintyh named school. The story is great and has a lot of replay value. Also Danganronpa 1.2 Reload and Danganronpa V3 Killing Harmony. The spin-off Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls has a "RPG" element cause you can switch characters so either go in there with the shooter or hack n slash.. Only good to play if your looking for more lore to the Danganronpa series. Which the main games of the series are Visual Novels, so that may not be a genre you like.

Edited by xAmaezingx
Added more games

Enter the Gungeon is one I can highly, highly recommend. It is mostly single player but you can do local co-op with one other person if you wish. I bought it on PC first and have almost 250 hours on it and there are still things that I can unlock, haven't seen yet, or haven't even beaten. I also bought it for the PS4 so I can do it all over again and unlock trophies for it lol it's very rewarding with lots of replay value. Difficult game but with practice, it really does get easier. 

The platinum is also hard and takes a real good amount of time so take that as you will whether you like hard platinums or not :D Hope this helped!