Good solo games/stories?

Pandaman

I'll just throw out most, if not all, of what i have that is single player only. I recommend them all, they're great fun. Do you care about DLC? Some of these might have DLC trophies. I only own a PS4, so I played all these games on their PS4 releases or through PSNow on my PS4.

Darksiders 1, 2, and 3. Little bit of zelda, little bit of GoW, little bit of Souls, all round a great series. Play the remastered versions of 1 and 2, 3 is pretty new.

God of War games, for obvious reasons. Classic game series. (Ascension technically has one trophy linked to its multiplayer mode, but all you have to do is complete the tutorial which can be done solo)

Infamous 1, 2, and Second Son.  Really fun open world series with a great story and really fun game play. (Infamous 2 has trophies linked to user generated missions, but they can be done solo as well)

Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian. Cannot recommend these enough, incredible and beautiful games all made by my favorite game devs of all time. Shadow of the Colossus is the best of the 3 by far.

Dishonored 1 and 2. Stealth based game play is one of my favorites, and these games do it right, with a great story and atmosphere to boot. The same developer also made...

Prey. I was completely surprised by how good this game was. absolutely amazing sci-fi story, with about a billion different ways to do everything.

Horizon Zero Dawn. Another impressive new IP that emerged. the creature design in this game really wins it for me, so creative and cool.

Kingdom Hearts. All of it. The series holds a special place in my heart, but I truly believe they are great games even without the nostalgia.

The developer Telltale Games makes made great visual-novel style games, if you're into that choose-your-own-adventure stuff. I've played Game of Thrones, Tales From the Borderlands, and The Walking Dead.

South Park: The Stick of Truth and Fractured But Whole. If you like south parks brand of humor you'll love these games. If not, then maybe avoid these lol.

Spider-Man. Spidey has always been the best superhero to play in video games, and this game finally lives up to some really great memories from when I was a kid. 'Nuff said.

The Order: 1886. VERY short but pretty decent story and game. Can be found very cheap these days so probably worth the price.

Far Cry Primal. Animal companions in this are very fun. Never played other FC games but this caveman one is good.

Resident Evil 7. If you like horror games, this is both a fresh new take, and a return to form for a classic series.

Nioh. Guide says some of the trophies require an internet connection, but i think its just so the game can update the missions that change. This is a fantastic souls-like game though, with quicker paced combat.

Fromsoft games. This includes Bloodborne, Dark souls 1-3, and Sekiro. Difficult games but more than worth it. these games have multiplayer functions kinda laced through them (except Sekiro), so if you want to avoid them i understand. pretty sure you can play in offline mode and plat them though. correct me if im wrong.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst. Excellent parkour gameplay. Very smooth, and decent graphics. (Again, user generated content trophies.)

Asura's Wrath. Very over the top anime style storytelling. Heavy action. Super fun.

Knack and Knack 2. If you like old school action platformers like Jak & Daxter, etc. these games are really great.

The recent remasters of classic titles are also great choices. Personally I picked up the Jak and Daxter series, the Spyro Trilogy, and a couple older Resident Evil titles.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 2