Cobweb Duster Glitch

Brainwatched

Hi everyone,

I had a weird glitch when I was playing Psychonauts  tonight wherein every time I tried to use the cobweb duster it would grab out and then glitch and not return but just hold onto the point of thin air where the cobweb was and not register the collectable. I wouldn't be able to change equipment after it did this and it would hold onto the one point even if I was on the other side of the level. The only way to get out of it was to reload a save but it would continue to do this when I tried again. Has anyone had anything similar happen? If so is there a reliable fix or should I just delete saves/the game and reinstall? It's made the platinum unobtainable while this glitch is active. 

• 1 year later...

The Cobweb Duster is known to be a little glitchy, which made me nervous while I was using it in-game. At Gloria's Theatre there's a chance that if you try to use the Cobweb Duster it'll just *disappear* from your inventory! It happened to me but luckily I had another saved game in one of the four save slots. After hitting Gloria's Theatre from then on I made sure to always check my inventory after using it to make sure it's there, and to properly store it away with the Circle button when I was done. TL;DR: Keep extra save files, be careful with the Cobweb Duster.