Is this worth getting?

I've played BL2, Pre-Sequel and Tales.  I really enjoyed BL2.  Pre-Sequel was okay.

Question is...should I play Borderlands 1 now that it is on PS4, or should I just wait for number 3 to come out and skip the first?  I'm worried that I may burn out on BL by the time number 3 comes out.  I think BL2 may have spoiled me for the first one as well, since it sounds like it improved on the game in every way.

Thoughts?

Yes! If you enjoyed BL2 then you should definitely try out BL1 too. It's not as good as #2, but it's still great fun to play, the DLC was pretty cool too.

I played BL2 first as well but it was still well worth going back and enjoying the first 1 too.

• Like 3

If you really want to play the first one then yeah I would go ahead and get it but be warned that there are probably still glitches and stuff present. One of them being if you play online, everyone but the host will be laggy making it harder to aim and shoot enemies. There is also one where Mad Moxxi's Arena might crash for you but that didn't happen to me thankfully. There are a few others that I'm probably forgetting but the lag is the worst one for me. 

• Like 4

I’m going to disagree. I played BL1 on release and loved it. I returned to it for the remaster and it is just not as nearly as fun I remember. The characters are less interesting than 2, the humor doesn’t hit as well, and the gameplay/guns aren’t as refined. Moxxi’s Underdome is also the worst DLC by a wide margin. 

• Like 2

Only get borderlands 1 remaster if your really into the loot and shooting as the game is mostly boring in terms of going from point a to b as the guns are far better and more powerful ones just the problem is once everything is done you can't do much of anything it is kind of like mad max the game.

A lot to do and can be boring and if you somehow beat it all there is nothing to do other then get the better loot and that is it. You can only do new game plus once per character you make if I remember right. however if you want to do a new game again you need to do it from nothing and yeah.

Also forgot to say that missions with a number of items to be gotten do not carry over. so if your running around picking up say 10 gun parts or something and you pick up 11 and the next one wants 20 that extra 1 you got will not carry over. 

That will be even more annoying to you when you play the zombie island dlc as the brains missions is painfully boring and not worth it not even for a trophy. The gun is not worth it too.

Edited by KANERKB
  • Like 1

Thanks @Kapika96, @Redgrave, @DanTheManGum and @KANERKB!

I think based off of what I'm hearing, I'm probably just going to wait for BL3.  After that, if I'm still craving some more Pandora I will revisit the first.  Honestly, the online lag issues are my biggest concern, so hopefully they clean that up over the next few months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaneAusten69 said:

Thanks @Kapika96, @Redgrave, @DanTheManGum and @KANERKB!

I think based off of what I'm hearing, I'm probably just going to wait for BL3.  After that, if I'm still craving some more Pandora I will revisit the first.  Honestly, the online lag issues are my biggest concern, so hopefully they clean that up over the next few months.

To be fair, I've played hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of Borderlands 1 and never had problems with online lag. Even back in the day when it was hosted on GameSpy's servers, and had tons of multiplayer bugs caused by their crap servers, lag wasn't one of the issues lol.

Don't know where that accusation is coming from.

Edited by KingGuy420

3 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

To be fair, I've played hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of Borderlands 1 and never had problems with online lag. Even back in the day when it was hosted on GameSpy's servers, and had tons of multiplayer bugs caused by their crap servers, lag wasn't one of the issues lol.

Don't know where that accusation is coming from.

I've read about lag with the PS4 version of the game in reviews and comments on this and other message boards.