Operation Dark Hours Raid - Easy Mode?

Hey guys,

so apparently the newest title update will bring this change to the PC version (PTS Servers only) on July 3rd ->

"Discovery Mode difficulty for the Washington National Airport raid. Matchmaking will be available for this difficulty."

I'm assuming Discovery Mode means easy difficulty. Now combine that with matchmaking and that means that the trophy for beating the raid with an 8 player team will be much, much easier to get. Assuming it will unlock on this difficulty.

Thoughts?

Interesting.  There is no mention in the trophy description that says what difficulty you have to beat it on.  It is Ubisoft though and they could change it so it only unlocks on normal difficulty.  Very interesting to see that though after their stance of never making the raid easier.

If they do go the route of making an easier version of the raid I can see some interesting things happening.  One that isn't so much interesting at it is funny, would be the so called "elite" raiders who are telling UbiSoft not to give into casuals and make the raid easier.  Their forums will be very fun to visit if this does happen.  Another thing I could see happening is UbiSoft nerfing the loot drops in Discovery Mode where the players can't obtain the gear sets or the Eagle Bearer.  There's going to be complaining no matter what they do, but if they do allow the trophy to unlock on Discovery Mode I honestly see no issue with that.  Let the players enjoy the content without having to bash their heads against a wall.

I already got the trophy and another 3 raid clears.  No full gear sets or Eagle Bearer but I don't feel like running it again.  Trying to find a good group is a pain, the mechanics aren't that fun, and it just feels like a long mission.  Honestly nothing special.

Edited by SirShavesALot

Well, there are already posts complaining about catering to casuals with this mode and this, which is right from the PTS patch notes: Discovery Mode difficulty for the Washington National Airport raid. Matchmaking will be available for this difficulty. Gear sets as well as the Eagle Bearer Exotic are not included in the loot pool for Discovery Mode.

I must admit I am truly happy with the introduction of the Discovery Mode. I have often felt like I could not play all the game's activities back in Destiny/Destiny 2, where the situation is just the same (no matchmaking for raids, clan/lots of friends needed, only playable on Normal/Hard difficulty), not to mention Raids are often among the best content in terms of fun and story. Not being able to even try and play these modes always bothered me and I am so happy Ubisoft is moving towards this direction. I still don't know if it is just the raid on easy mode or if there is some sort of extra-help (you know, maybe a on-screen message telling you exactly what to do, be it "push the button in 3-2-1" or "shoot the boss" etc), but I think we will find out soon enough.

13 hours ago, SirShavesALot said:

Gear sets as well as the Eagle Bearer Exotic are not included in the loot pool for Discovery Mode.

I was already hoping I could do Discovery Mode to farm it lol

Anyway, feel free to add me (we're already friends SirShavesALot and congratulations for beating the raid weeks ago) for trying the raid, my PSN ID is the same as the nick here and I have already created a Discord Server for this (with players from this website):

https://discord.gg/WC7cBY3

• 2 weeks later...

Has it been confirmed that the trophy "Washington Raiders" can be earned by completing the raid on Discovery difficulty?

And will we be able to just start Discovery mode because I haven't touched the game since platinum and I think I'm only 451 :P

• Like 1

It would be interesting to know whether the Achievement/Trophy „Washington Raider“ can be unlocked with the easy mode. But i havent found something about this. Actually, the trophy only requires completing „the full raid“ in a group of „eight players“.

Maybe they will adjust the trophy to „in normal mode“ but we do not know. I hope that you can earn the trophy by doing it in discovery mode. But then the next tricky thing will be to find 7 other players because most of them will do the raid with 4 players^^

On 7/18/2019 at 11:23 AM, Zauberlehrling89 said:

It would be interesting to know whether the Achievement/Trophy „Washington Raider“ can be unlocked with the easy mode. But i havent found something about this. Actually, the trophy only requires completing „the full raid“ in a group of „eight players“.

Maybe they will adjust the trophy to „in normal mode“ but we do not know. I hope that you can earn the trophy by doing it in discovery mode. But then the next tricky thing will be to find 7 other players because most of them will do the raid with 4 players^^

From what I've seen about the raid, Discovery Mode will supposedly have matchmaking. That would solve the finding players issue before it even began.

Of course it will be unlocked on Discovery Mode. 

I even know that it can be unlocked if you even join the raid at the final boss (Razorback), you don't have to do the whole raid to unlock it. 

This game is so so shameful, it has totally reached the quality level of Anthem. 

No trophies for the first DLC, first DLC available today even for all the stupid owners (me included) that Ubisoft stole our money with 1 Year Pass while the DLCs are free for everyone. 

My advise? Stop playing this game 

3 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

I even know that it can be unlocked if you even join the raid at the final boss (Razorback), you don't have to do the whole raid to unlock it. 

This game is so so shameful, it has totally reached the quality level of Anthem. 

No trophies for the first DLC, first DLC available today even for all the stupid owners (me included) that Ubisoft stole our money with 1 Year Pass while the DLCs are free for everyone. 

So It will unlock on it ? You sure about that ? 

That is so unfair to people who actually spended hours on it and needed deal with ppl who didnt bother gearing up and now those ppl get it served on a silver plate .. :( to sad most ppl will do discovery difficulty now then .. the feeling when u finally beated razorback was amazing .. was a nice challenge .. shouldn't had putted easy mode in :( raid isn't that hard on normal even .. 

3 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

2 BRONZE TROPHIES CONFIRMED in first DLC

26 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

What is your point? The trophies are already live! Just because it isn’t standing in the patch notes it doesn’t mean it isn’t added. Well, if ppl would actually start reading what is in the season passes you wouldn’t end up buying it. It was annonced long before release that all content was gonna end up free for everyone. So they didn’t steal anything from you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fugl7 said:

What is your point? The trophies are already live! Just because it isn’t standing in the patch notes it doesn’t mean it isn’t added. Well, if ppl would actually start reading what is in the season passes you wouldn’t end up buying it. It was annonced long before release that all content was gonna end up free for everyone. So they didn’t steal anything from you.

100% agree, I love those people who blame everyone else for their own stupidity. I cant decide whether I find it hilarious or embarrassing, probably a mix of both.

5 hours ago, littleprincessJJ said:

That is so unfair to people who actually spended hours on it and needed deal with ppl who didnt bother gearing up and now those ppl get it served on a silver plate .. :( to sad most ppl will do discovery difficulty now then .. the feeling when u finally beated razorback was amazing .. was a nice challenge .. shouldn't had putted easy mode in :( raid isn't that hard on normal even .. 

The raid gear sets & exotic are still exclusive to normal difficulty so what's your problem? Are you actually getting mad over a single trophy? How does other players getting that trophy negatively impact or effect YOU? It doesn't unless your on one hell of an ego trip.

Players finishing it on normal still get their difficulty exclusive drops so deal with it or just don't play anymore, it's that simple.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, littleprincessJJ said:

The discovery mode doesn't steal this feeling from you. You still know that you have beaten RB on normal mode. I saw how easily you can getting trophies with cheats, glitches or mods. I played a game almost 120 Hours to get platinum. Another guy did the same in 10 minutes.. Since then i don't give a **** on other peoples trophies and only my own trophies are some kind of  important to me. It's my own performance that i can track and i can see what i ve reached over the last years. So, congrats for your great performance and for the Trophy done on normal mode. Don't let the discovery mode take this feeling from you.

I got the flawless raider Trophy in Destiny after trying it again and again over weeks in a group of 6.

After the DLCs you can now do it solo. Who cares, i will never Forget this sweet little double "pling" Sound for the Flawless Raider Trophy and the Platinum Trophy. Nonetheless I helped other guys to reach this Trophy after the DLCs when it became that easy. That's why i Play these games and all the others won't have this great moment of feeling success after a long road. Poor them. Hope they will feel the same one day. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DarkSeraphim666 said:

So can anyone actually confirm that discovery still gives you the raid trophy?

Yeah I talked with a guy who finished it today and he did it on easy mode also when u go on the trophy and see alone 6 ppl earned it today and before It was 6 ppl in a week ..

18 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

First off, this game is FAR from the dumpster fire that is Anthem.  Does it have its own set of issues?  Definitely.  Is it a flop?  Not even close.  Second, before the game was even released, Ubisoft made it very clear that all DLC was free.  The Year 1 Pass granted exclusive access to the Classified Missions, exclusive cosmetics, immediate unlocks to the new specializations, and 7 day early access to the DLC.  That's it.  You had a choice whether or not to spend the extra money to purchase the Year 1 Pass, no one forced you to buy it.  Again, Ubisoft made it VERY clear that all DLC was free for everyone who owns the game.

• Like 3