Maybe Alan Wake Remastered on PS4 (Strong Probability.)

Hmm, not sure if it would.  I mean wasn't it a Xbox Exclusive only? So I am doubting it would come to the PS4.

But hey, if it did, I'd be all for it, I mean, I have played the game before when I used to have a Xbox 360 (never did finish the game though).

I suppose we'll have to wait and see in the end.

29 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Hmm, not sure if it would.  I mean wasn't it a Xbox Exclusive only? So I am doubting it would come to the PS4.

If the publishing rights are reverted, the right to choose their platform is reverted as well. They can do whatever they want. However, Alan Wake is on PC and it was sold at a very low price, even given away for free, so you couldn't exactly expect a very large audience to return.

They might still port it to PS4, but it's possibly not the best investment ever, unless they are planning a sequel.

• Like 1

Eh, it actually sounds quite promising, sarcastic gifs aside.

This is from an interview with Remedy by Eurogamer:

"The only thing we want to clarify, now that Remedy owns the publishing rights, is that we could bring Alan Wake to different platforms if we so choose," a Remedy spokesperson confirmed. "We have nothing to announce for now. We are fully focused on Control releasing on 27th August."

It would be a day one purchase for me. Alan Wake is by far the best Xbox console exclusive and I'd love to plat it on the PS4.

26 minutes ago, SinisterPledge said:

Alan Wake is by far the best Xbox console exclusive

tenor.gif?itemid=13334930

27 minutes ago, SinisterPledge said:

sarcastic gifs aside.

Sorry :D 

I'd be happy too, and yes, it is now possible. But I'd rather take a bunch of other exclusives before this (Lost Odyssey & Blue Dragon, Cuphead, Rare Replay, etc.)

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

tenor.gif?itemid=13334930

Sorry :D 

I'd be happy too, and yes, it is now possible. But I'd rather take a bunch of other exclusives before this (Lost Odyssey & Blue Dragon, Cuphead, Rare Replay, etc.)

Cup head isn't an exclusive tho.

Those others are impossible since Microsoft owns them outright 

37 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

I'd rather take a bunch of other exclusives before this (Lost Odyssey & Blue Dragon, Cuphead, Rare Replay, etc.)

Lost Odyssey - amen to this!. Honestly one of my favourite JRPG's of all time. I thought it was a masterpiece. It doesn't get nearly enough love in general and I feel like this is the direction that Final Fantasy should have gone in back then. You can really feel the creative hand of Hironobu Sakaguchi and Nobuo Uematsu here when they left Square Enix and made this title under Mistwalker studios.

The story, music and characters were all wonderful to me. It's one of those games that really hit me emotionally where by the end of the ride I was completely invested in them all and thought about them months and months after. Brilliant world, brilliant story, brilliant everything. Now i'm gonna spend my day listening to the OST thanks to this hehe

2 hours ago, DarkLordSHTR said:

Alan Wake series publishing rights return to Remedy Entertainment.

It is a strong possibility that it will be published again for PS4 and Switch.

Source

I'd love an Alan Wake remaster on PS4. I loved the original back on the 360 but never got the chance to play the DLC packs so a remaster plus that DLC would be a day 1 purchase for me.

Also, where's my Alan Wake sequel at?! I've been waiting 9 years!

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Cup head isn't an exclusive tho.

True, but then again, there seems to be some kind of agreement nowadays between Microsoft and Nintendo, as the amount of games shared on their systems (but not Sony) has been increasing at a rapid rate, and this might be one of those.

11 hours ago, SinisterPledge said:

Eh, it actually sounds quite promising, sarcastic gifs aside.

This is from an interview with Remedy by Eurogamer:

"The only thing we want to clarify, now that Remedy owns the publishing rights, is that we could bring Alan Wake to different platforms if we so choose," a Remedy spokesperson confirmed. "We have nothing to announce for now. We are fully focused on Control releasing on 27th August."

It would be a day one purchase for me. Alan Wake is by far the best Xbox console exclusive and I'd love to plat it on the PS4.

Sam Lake echoed those words. Sure hope they release the PC port onto PS4.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fbdbh said:

True, but then again, there seems to be some kind of agreement nowadays between Microsoft and Nintendo, as the amount of games shared on their systems (but not Sony) has been increasing at a rapid rate, and this might be one of those.

Microsoft and Nintendo are in an obvious partnership of survival. Nintendo has found it's better to carve their own little niche and Microsoft is finding it's better to attach yourself to other platforms when your own isn't doing so hot. It's the reason why Cross Play was blown up the way it was when it's been a non factor for years until now