What websites do you go for your gaming news?

Wavergray

Easy question what gaming websites do you go for for your gaming news? 
Also what gaming websites do you consider to be unreliable?

I find almost every gaming new site to be unreliable garbage. 
The only one I can stand even looking at its Niche gamer and that's only for press releases. As soon as that site does an opinion piece or article that is outside of a press release, it also becomes garbage.

I now turn to the PSNP community to talk about their favorite and most disliked video game related news sites.

• Like 1

I usually go to Spanish websites like 3djuegos or hobbyconsolas, but my English sources are usually IGN or Reddit posts.

And yea, I find most of their news and analysis biased and somehow unreliable, but sometimes you can find some gold... or having a good time by reading comment section on those pages.

Edited by PoohBearQuixote
  • Like 1

Why rely on gaming news sites at all? Everywhere you look there's a huge bias in whatever direction it is. I just follow companies whose games I care for and multiple youtubers of genres I like (Maximilian Dood for fighting game news for example) to know about the latest releases. They inevitably talk about the lastest gaming drama but since they're single individuals it's easy to remove their personal thoughts and see your own perspective on the issue at hand instead of just taking their word at face-value. When a game journo magazine does it, it's way harder to separate personal bias from fact due to it being more faceless and corporate.

• Like 4

Honestly? Youtube. I'm subbed to a whole bunch of gaming news channels there, not to mention channels for my favorite game series, so I always go there if i need to know the news.

I suppose I also get a little bit of news from here though, this community likes to let each other know when cool stuff is coming so I definitely check out the news topics here on PSNP.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1

Back in the day I would vouch for Gamespot (believe it or not). 10 or so years ago, it was the go-to place for anything related to gaming IMO, but as time went on... I don't know what happened, really. It just isn't the same anymore. I still browse it on occasion, mostly for press releases and whatnot. Not so much for their reviews - I don't really care for reviews from any particular website anymore to be honest.

I'd say find a reviewer whose tastes match yours and follow his/her reviews, that's about as reliable as you're likely to find.

Edited by AFRising

I use IGN, Gematsu, and Reddit. Used to look at Kotaku but now I hate that "news" source along with all their related websites (Jezebel, Gizmodo, Lifehacker, etc... don't think they've ever reported anything wrong, but everything they write among their news sites is wayyyyy too politically charged for my tastes).

I also read the PlayStation Blog quite a bit, but you usually don't hear juicy rumors on there... just facts.

My Twitter feed.  I just follow the usual suspects... IGN, Game Informer, Dualshockers, etc.  Along with some specific ones for limited print publishers like Limited Run Games, Special Reserve Games, Super Rare Games, etc.  Cheap Ass Gamer for following sales.  It's basically just a rolling news feed and as long as I don't click on any links or walk into the comments... things stay reasonable, the news keeps coming, tweets are concise and to the point, and everything works out pretty nicely.

And then follow some accounts that post random adorable animal videos to round everything out.

Edited by Dreakon13

Honestly this site is the only one I frequently use for anything gaming related or at the very least bother to be actively involved in. A community of like minded individuals seems to me the best place to get the skinny on anything I'd have any interest in. 

I used to go to IGN but that place has become little more than an ad based social propaganda tool with a toxic cesspool for a community.

For game reviews, I ask the meth addict that lives in a cardboard box behind the shopping center my local Game Stop is in what he thinks, and the information I get makes so much more sense than the user reviews I get from any gaming website. The review he gave Sekiro was "I'M GONNA EAT YOUR FACE!!!", so I'm really looking forward to playing that when I get a chance.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Sofa King said:

I used to go to IGN but that place has become little more than an ad based social propaganda tool with a toxic cesspool for a community.

Yeah, if you don't have anything nice to say, say it in the comments section of an IGN article! xD

I do use IGN, but mostly for deals and broad recaps of gaming events (E3 or Nintendo Direct). I use the U.S. PlayStation Blog for most of my PlayStation news though.