Platinum Walkthrough

• 9 months later...
9 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Tricky to pick up .. Reading about blue screen kill screen? Any problem with this game?

The only thing I remember is that if you idle the game without actually pausing it, the game will crash after a few minutes.  Is that what you're talking about?  I was under the assumption that the patch fixed that problem.

I read the same issue about the blue screen, or the game crashing. 

I recently did a platinum run on this game, and I didn't have it crash on me once. Take from that what you will, but be sure to pause if you are going to be idle. While I did forget about doing this, I still didn't have any issues.

It's well worth playing. Best of luck.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2020 at 1:38 AM, themindisacity said:

The only thing I remember is that if you idle the game without actually pausing it, the game will crash after a few minutes.  Is that what you're talking about?  I was under the assumption that the patch fixed that problem.

Hey, Great guide.. No problems with the game at all ran smooth! Think I will pick it up for steam as well lol :) Question? How is chaos on deponia? I liked first one but wonder if story will get better with next 3 installments?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 8:02 AM, Titanomachy_75 said:

Hey, Great guide.. No problems with the game at all ran smooth! Think I will pick it up for steam as well lol :) Question? How is chaos on deponia? I liked first one but wonder if story will get better with next 3 installments?

I actually like the Deponia series quite a bit.  The fourth installment was probably unnecessary but it's a rare comedy trilogy that actually has a story arc running through each installment.

5 minutes ago, themindisacity said:

I actually like the Deponia series quite a bit.  The fourth installment was probably unnecessary but it's a rare comedy trilogy that actually has a story arc running through each installment.

I beat chaos .. But wow that was a mess of a game! I messed up so many times on that game. lol Maybe cause I was reading the guide to fast or just jumping ahead thinking I know to much! lol Dont get me started on that dolphin mini game!! Now, is goodbye any better cause I dont want to have a point and click game like that again! lol

Having trouble with Chapter 2... despite following your walkthrough, I cannot get the old lady at the Florists to move... she just sits there and repeats the same voice-line. She won't move at all!

Update: turns out you have to talk to the guys with the horse and cart a second and then third time to make the old lady leave the florists stall. 

Edited by sherbie00
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the guide! Much appreciated! :)

The Final Frontier trophy is actually much easier to obtain. You just have to go up and down the crane 5 times. Doesn't matter if sputnik is on screen or not.

When it comes to the Meticulous Design trophy, you have to merge your items to create the best looking zooming device and follow certain steps.

There are 5 ways to make a zooming device, that's why people think it's buggy. If you miss one specific step, the trophy won't pop.

Generally speaking the game offers some secrets and various ways / items to accomplish different tasks, for example we can use either wax, milk, or butter on the cannon to make it work. If something makes sense, it should work or at least we get a comment from Evan.

Hope it helps! :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 14/05/2020 at 10:22 PM, sherbie00 said:

Having trouble with Chapter 2... despite following your walkthrough, I cannot get the old lady at the Florists to move... she just sits there and repeats the same voice-line. She won't move at all!

Update: turns out you have to talk to the guys with the horse and cart a second and then third time to make the old lady leave the florists stall. 

I can't get her to move even with your trick, do you have any suggestions?