July 3rd Patch is now available

It should fix the issues with global save corruption.

The question is, since they added 1 new track, is this track needed for trophies? (Time trials, Nitrostalgia etc.)

If you have a chance to test it out, let us know.

New track is not required for trophies (Time Trials, Nitrostalgia, etc.)

edit. I'm thinking there are 3 possibilities:

- The new level does not count at all

- The new level is required for the trophies

- The new level can be used as a replacement for any of the base game levels (this happened with Crash Bandicoot N. Sane games)

edit 2. Corruption is still happening.

Currently unknown if time trials are safe, online is not safe for sure.

https://www.reddit.com/r/crashbandicoot/comments/c8inqn/seems_like_the_global_save_file_corruption_bug/

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

My guess would be 1 or 3 - so would either be tracked by specific track or number of tracks. Can't see them doing the tracking by percentage of overall tracks imo.

....and if this doesn't sort the save issue out then i'll be livid. Holding off on properly trying for that platinum for now and was hoping to tie it in with this first season.

13 minutes ago, Oblivion said:

They didn't fix anything of the sort since people are still reporting getting the save corruption glitch. I mean i did sort of expect it would happen considering the glitch wasn't exclusive to time trials.

Get your ass in gear Beenox.

Damn so all this time I've been waiting by not risking the corruption, it's still there... Well when I first reported the glitch, it happened during online play, I hadn't even started time trials yet.

3 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Damn so all this time I've been waiting by not risking the corruption, it's still there... Well when I first reported the glitch, it happened during online play, I hadn't even started time trials yet.

Yeah, it sucks. I so very much want to play the game again but it looks like we'll be waiting another week just to get a fix to the fix that was supposed to fix everything.

25 minutes ago, Oblivion said:

They didn't fix anything of the sort since people are still reporting getting the save corruption glitch. I mean i did sort of expect it would happen considering the glitch wasn't exclusive to time trials.

Get your ass in gear Beenox.

For fuck sake this is ridiculous now. I haven't touched the game since it happened to me and I'm not risking that shit again. 

13 minutes ago, Oblivion said:

Yeah, it sucks. I so very much want to play the game again but it looks like we'll be waiting another week just to get a fix to the fix that was supposed to fix everything.

Would a possible solution be avoiding finishing the time trials if you aren't beating N.Trophy or Oxide? So the game doesn't get overloaded with ghost saves, if that's the issue? Just retry before the finish line

Well, perhaps they did fix the issue only for time trials? It might be multiple bugs that break the save file and they might have fixed only 1 case.

I found only 1 report on reddit (so far) and the guy says he got his save corrupted after leaving an online game:

Has anyone found a report where the guy specifically mentions time trials after this patch?

Edited by HusKy

1 minute ago, HusKy said:

Well, perhaps they did fix the issue only for time trials? It might be multiple bugs that break the save file and they might have fixed only 1 case.

I found only 1 report on reddit (so far) and the guy says he got his save corrupted after leaving an online game:

Has anyone found a report where the guy specifically mentions time trials after this patch?

Well it happened to me after I quit Adventure Mode and the game just froze on a loading screen and then crashed after about five minutes. I had already done all of the Tropy times and a few of the Oxide times at this point so I still think it's connected somewhat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

It should fix the issues with global save corruption.

The question is, since they added 1 new track, is this track needed for trophies? (Time trials, Nitrostalgia etc.)

If you have a chance to test it out, let us know.

edit. I'm thinking there are 3 possibilities:

- The new level does not count at all

- The new level is required for the trophies

- The new level can be used as a replacement for any of the base game levels (this happened with Crash Bandicoot N. Sane games)

edit 2. Corruption is still happening.

Currently unknown if time trials are safe, online is not safe for sure.

https://www.reddit.com/r/crashbandicoot/comments/c8inqn/seems_like_the_global_save_file_corruption_bug/

About the trophies: you don’t have to complete Twilight Tour for any trophy.

This is marked as a Bonus Track, like Retro Stadium, not any adventure area or CNK track ;) 

None of these replaces other tracks either.  You can read it from the description, N Sane Trilogy reads “Collect 25 Relics”, if the game has 26, you can choose which levels you play.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Would a possible solution be avoiding finishing the time trials if you aren't beating N.Trophy or Oxide? So the game doesn't get overloaded with ghost saves, if that's the issue? Just retry before the finish line

I'm just going to bite the bullet and play the game. It's easy enough to back up data on PS4, so if it does happen at least i won't lose much.

Hopefully...

Complaining over nothing ? just back up the save to a USB/flash drive whenever you record a time you like or when you pass oxides time. Takes 2 seconds. I'd rather do that then not play at all and just wait for them to fix it 

5 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Ive only played 1 online race but it did crash when i accidently went into the online menu. Mine seems to crash on the cnk tracks on time trial (bout 6 time alltogether). But it might be because i did the others first and the save file getting too full. Ive not tried it since the update but it must be something to do with the servers getting overloaded or too much on the save file

4 minutes ago, Im-Riszky said:

Complaining over nothing ? just back up the save to a USB/flash drive whenever you record a time you like or when you pass oxides time. Takes 2 seconds. I'd rather do that then not play at all and just wait for them to fix it 

Why should people do that. Its 2019. These things should never happen in the first place. I wouldnt avoid this game because of it but u cant expect people to just accept it

6 minutes ago, Im-Riszky said:

Complaining over nothing 1f602.png just back up the save to a USB/flash drive whenever you record a time you like or when you pass oxides time. Takes 2 seconds. I'd rather do that then not play at all and just wait for them to fix it 

The thing is, the save file gets gradually broken over time until it gets corrupted. Making backups is only half the solution if the save file constantly crashes your game over and over.

3 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Why should people do that. Its 2019. These things should never happen in the first place. I wouldnt avoid this game because of it but u cant expect people to just accept it

Exactly, its 2019. Most games have been broken on release in some way for years and years now whether it's big or small. They then get patched pretty quick and it's all fine (unless the team is crappy). Kinda surprised people aren't used to it by now 

44 minutes ago, silentbob987 said:

Absolutely unacceptable from Beenox. Won't be buying anything from them if this carries on. Have they even made any decent games before?

People shit on them a lot but I actually quite liked their Spider-Man games. Especially Shattered Dimensions.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, silentbob987 said:

Absolutely unacceptable from Beenox. Won't be buying anything from them if this carries on. Have they even made any decent games before?

The last game YOU played from them is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered. Losing progress in a game is never fun but I think you are too harsh, the game is beautiful and fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Im-Riszky said:

Exactly, its 2019. Most games have been broken on release in some way for years and years now whether it's big or small. They then get patched pretty quick and it's all fine (unless the team is crappy). Kinda surprised people aren't used to it by now 

Updates for certain bugs and glitches is one thing but corrupting your save file is just bang out of order especially when they promised to fix it. 

The last game i remember this happening i think was just cause 4 but it got backed up straight away automaticly and it recovered the save file. 

Before that was gta 3 on ps2 but that was because of too many cheats inputted. 

So it shunt happen and is a rare thing to happen

13 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Updates for certain bugs and glitches is one thing but corrupting your save file is just bang out of order especially when they promised to fix it. 

The last game i remember this happening i think was just cause 4 but it got backed up straight away automaticly and it recovered the save file. 

Before that was gta 3 on ps2 but that was because of too many cheats inputted. 

So it shunt happen and is a rare thing to happen

This is still a bug though, just because it's a corruption thing doesn't mean it's easier to fix or even a higher priority. A lot of people haven't even experienced this 'corrupted data' bug yet, and most only once. The game is at least still playable and achievable. Unfortunately, games always break nowadays..
- PUBG: severely broken on release, moderately broken today.
- Battlefield V: minor bugs on release, severely broken today and plat unobtainable
- RDR2: bugs on release and still today

- Black Ops 4: broken on release and plat unobtainable for 2 months

- The Escapists Walking Dead: broken today

- Just Cause 3 was broken for a while

- Sleeping Dogs can be unobtainable if you play on multiple trophy lists

That's just what I can think of off the top of my head. Games will always be like this, you just have to hope the devs are good enough to fix it in a reasonable time.

• Like 1