ren007nix

Racer Boy Trophy

12 posts in this topic

Hello Trophy Hunters!

I tried to get the "Race Boy" trophy but I cannot finish a lap under 1 min. My best time was 1:09. Do you guys know how I can get it?

I heard that you have to tune a vehicle to achieve it.

I found that the sports car I could only manage around 1:09 in was a sub-01:00 car with a change of exhaust, new air filter, and slick tyres. The latter really helping the most. I just changed the simplest things I could first and it worked out fine.

Just got it last night.  Used the FMW Roadster with slicks and pretty much every tuner upgrade.  60% increase in hp and torque.  58 sec time.

I also used the FMW Roadster.  I didn't use every upgrade, I just kept replacing parts with performance parts until I got the RPM's high enough.  I also cut through a few grassy spots.  The grassy spots will slow you down...but you have less chance of hitting a wall which slows you down even more.

M3 AWD managed to get a super sloppy 55 seconds.
Just upgrade everything and put slicks on.
Can be done in sandbox.

Last night I was experimenting after I read that the Xbox One version had a bug with the timer that would make it jump to the negatives. I decided to uninstall and try some things unpatched and I didn't have any luck recreating the bug from the Xbox version, but I did stumble on a trick that made this pop with no issues at all.

I walked away in the middle of a lap to do some things around the house, and when I got back I noticed that the timer had counted up to 57 minutes, so I decided to give it a few more and see what happened when the timer hit an hour...and the time rolled back to 00:00 and kept counting, so I rolled over the finish line at 13 seconds and the trophy popped.

Probably more time consuming than just getting a Bolt Reptillia R2 Supercharged and doing a clean lap, but easy enough if you have other stuff to do to run up the time.

On 08/10/2019 at 7:53 AM, DbLoki said:

Last night I was experimenting after I read that the Xbox One version had a bug with the timer that would make it jump to the negatives. I decided to uninstall and try some things unpatched and I didn't have any luck recreating the bug from the Xbox version, but I did stumble on a trick that made this pop with no issues at all.

I walked away in the middle of a lap to do some things around the house, and when I got back I noticed that the timer had counted up to 57 minutes, so I decided to give it a few more and see what happened when the timer hit an hour...and the time rolled back to 00:00 and kept counting, so I rolled over the finish line at 13 seconds and the trophy popped.

Probably more time consuming than just getting a Bolt Reptillia R2 Supercharged and doing a clean lap, but easy enough if you have other stuff to do to run up the time.

Mate, you are an absolute legend for discovering this!

On 7/10/2019 at 10:53 PM, DbLoki said:

worked perfectly, thanks a lot

I done it with a M3 AWD with stock engine and racing tyres and managed a 58 second run on third lap so very easy to do legit.

Got the trophy using a car I'm suppose to fix (body only fix).

Salem Spectre SR
V8 DOHC Supercharged - 703HP
Global parts condition: 71%

I'm sure if it would be restored and had upgraded parts it might be easier. I cut corners of course. I ended up with a 59.8 sec lap in the 5th lap, I had to get used to the car because at full throttle it's a bit hard to keep him straight.

I decided to post this here because I haven't seen anyone mention using this car for the trophy.