GunfighterHefty

Servers down?

18 posts in this topic

A few of my friends and myself are not able to start matches. The game loads but when selecting a match type it kicks back a network error message. 

Anyone else having this problem, found a workaround, or heard anything? 

I'm getting it too. This game has always had this problem so hopefully it gets sorted before the 25th.

I'm just glad that I finished this already weeks ago. Because of stuff like this you should never wait too long with clearing the online trophies, if a shutdown is announced. 

I messaged them privately on Facebook (though now I'm thinking maybe I should have made it public, so that they are more likely to respond). I'm waiting on a response. They are in California, and I wrote them at 8AM their time, and it's a holiday weekend, so I honestly don't expect to hear anything until Monday. However, I think it couldn't hurt if others reached out to them as well to show that there's interest in them restoring the servers before the 25th for those of us who are currently playing it.

I contacted the studio on Twitter.

Posted (edited)

@DeadStanley Which ones? I have a few drawings of my own, but animations I retweeted aren’t done by me (I wish I took the time to animate already). If you mention my drawings, I say thank you! :D

By the way guys, the staff has answered and is looking into it.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

Has anyone tested the servers? I’m away home, I was doing something else while waited for the servers to back up.

34 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Has anyone tested the servers? I’m away home, I was doing something else while waited for the servers to back up.

Their support was awesome, just wondering how many broken servers through there could be fixed by a simple reset (by Pareto's Principle: maybe 80% of them? Lol)

3 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Their support was awesome, just wondering how many broken servers through there could be fixed by a simple reset (by Pareto's Principle: maybe 80% of them? Lol)

Not many. Most of them have probably been genuinely shut down.

The one big one that comes straight to mind though as being the most probable candidate of being fixed via a server reset would be Quantum of Solace. 

Went and finally got my platinum. That was tense.

1 hour ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Not many. Most of them have probably been genuinely shut down.

The one big one that comes straight to mind though as being the most probable candidate of being fixed via a server reset would be Quantum of Solace. 

Comes to my mind recent shutdown games like Ecolibrium whose auction servers broke months before the supposed shutdown, Invokers Tournament broken matchmaking system, Madden NFL 17 unreachable Draft Champions, and those many upload features in old games which suddenly get broken and months later start working again (mostly EA games by the way)

3 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Comes to my mind recent shutdown games like Ecolibrium whose auction servers broke months before the supposed shutdown, Invokers Tournament broken matchmaking system, Madden NFL 17 unreachable Draft Champions, and those many upload features in old games which suddenly get broken and months later start working again (mostly EA games by the way)

Yeah, broken features are probably quite often due to lack of maintenance and a reset would fix those. Then again, some features are also ran on servers seperate to that of the main game multiplayer (Dirtnet for DIRT 2 is an example) and so when the online population dies down, those servers are switched off. We'll never know which games fit into which category since we won't know their online infrastructures. 

But yes, I dare say a few unobtainables would be fixable with a minimum of effort from the publishers. 

7 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

But yes, I dare say a few unobtainables would be fixable with a minimum of effort from the publishers. 

Totally agree, that's exactly where I think the Pareto's would fit in: solving 80% of the issues could take as low as 20% the effort. But of course, trophy hunters are purely negligible in the big pool of players.

Posted (edited)

The devs from Deformers where keep resetting their servers as well after a single tweet when the servers didn't work. I like if they dedicate their time to that. Shows that they really care about it, same for StarBlood Arena, that Dev tries to stop the shutdown even link:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/03/starblood_arena_dev_trying_to_find_server_solution_after_sony_shut_down

Now if more companies are doing this than i had no complains. But they just don't care. An example is Splintercell Blacklist, Uncharted Fight For Fortune and some others as well like you guys mentioned above me.
Edited by TazDevilz1986