If trophies were gone forever, how would you react?

PraiseTheFluppi

• 2 years later...

i would shut down everything and box it all up and give to a charity - to play with no trophy's wouldn't have a meaning for me to game , im proud to have what i have in with my trophy's and really enjoyed the games aswell - win win but it must be on display to remind me, i know there are cheaters out there and bots but im just 1 person  and love to aim for 100 platinum's ! , this forum and website of trophy tracking has made the obsession worse haha   

- Piracy would increase (there would be no point in buying original games since you can't earn trophies)
- Developers would not add (or reduce it) extra stuff like collectibles, additional side missions etc.
- The structure of online gaming would change in an undefined manner

For me?

I would be sad of a loss of my collection. I would probably lost an interest step by step. And one day, I would put gaming away.

I hope it never happens...

I'd get over it in a week or so, and realize that I now have the time to play way more games, without trophy completionism holding me back. It might renew my interest in PC gaming, too.

Edited by StraightVege
  • Like 2

I'd be kind of okay with this, sometimes I put off a game because I'll look at trophies for the game in question and I'll just feel eh about it, not really sure why to be fair, something in my head telling me "Why bother if you can't get those trophies?", I mean I VERY rarely go for trophies on my Steam games.