Redgrave

Extreme Difficulty

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So since the recent update added Extreme difficulty, does anyone know that in order to get "Well, what did you achieve?" you would have to complete Extreme or can you just do Insane and still get it? If so, then I guess this thread can be used for tips and whatnot.

Edit: Got the trophy for beating it on Insane! So glad to get it done ūüėĄ

Edited by Redgrave

At this point it's to soon to tell, but I hope for the sake of everyone who hasn't got Well, what did you achieve? yet that it's not.

Even with people I did some of the Insane missions easily with, we have yet to beat a single Extreme, the zombies are faster, hit harder, have increased numbers & more health. That's before you factor in that Extreme has way less items to loot (we typically found we had to get half way into a mission or further before T2 weapons appeared) & the new nerf to ammo boxes so they run out now.

Cruise Control got added to Well, what did you achieve? for people who didn't have it when it came out (myself included) so the fact a trophy wasn't specifically added for Extreme (thank God) does give decent credence to the belief that you might now need to finish Extreme aswell.

49 minutes ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

At this point it's to soon to tell, but I hope for the sake of everyone who hasn't got Well, what did you achieve? yet that it's not.

Even with people I did some of the Insane missions easily with, we have yet to beat a single Extreme, the zombies are faster, hit harder, have increased numbers & more health. That's before you factor in that Extreme has way less items to loot (we typically found we had to get half way into a mission or further before T2 weapons appeared) & the new nerf to ammo boxes so they run out now.

Cruise Control got added to Well, what did you achieve? for people who didn't have it when it came out (myself included) so the fact a trophy wasn't specifically added for Extreme (thank God) does give decent credence to the belief that you might now need to finish Extreme aswell.

I only started playing with a friend last week and we are working on getting all the perks and upgraded weapons but yeah, I would like to think you don't need Extreme since Hard can be a pain at times even so I can't imagine how Extreme is especially since playing with randoms is a 50/50 ordeal. Sounds like it could though if Cruise Control counted for a regular playthrough :/

22 hours ago, Redgrave said:

So since the recent update added Extreme difficulty, does anyone know that in order to get "Well, what did you achieve?" you would have to complete Extreme or can you just do Insane and still get it? If so, then I guess this thread can be used for tips and whatnot.

just do Insane

I can confirm as of today (16 Jul 2019) after the update that added extreme mode, you only need to¬†do the insane difficulty on all episodes (including the new Tokyo eps 3 ‚ÄúCruise Control‚ÄĚ) then the trophy will pop up.

how are people even getting this. i been playing maps all week with people who are rank 200+ on EASY, and them fools are still dying nonstop. heck even i die. one wrong move during a swarm and thats it. i know you can slowly creep with a pistol, but as soon as you hit swarm section or a bull, your pretty much done for. even the more i upgrade my classes and weapons seems to make no difference at all. this feels like a wolfenstein hardcore lol

17 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

how are people even getting this. i been playing maps all week with people who are rank 200+ on EASY, and them fools are still dying nonstop. heck even i die. one wrong move during a swarm and thats it. i know you can slowly creep with a pistol, but as soon as you hit swarm section or a bull, your pretty much done for. even the more i upgrade my classes and weapons seems to make no difference at all. this feels like a wolfenstein hardcore lol

Yeah playing with randoms in these sort of games is really risky. Sometimes you get good people and then other times you get really bad players that either try to play hero or go their own way and wind up screwing everyone else over.

But for bulls, the best way to deal with them is to lead them into charging into a wall or something they can't run over and then melee their backs. For some reason whacking them in the back is more effective than shooting them most of the time although on difficulties below Hard shooting them works just as well. Another thing you can try to do is run in a circle around them and they will usually miss you that way. But if a bull is charging at you make sure you have its back facing towards other team mates so they can shoot it.

I think the worst enemies in the game are those Infectors though. I forget about the lower difficulties but on Insane they have an outrageous amount of health and can take two clips of an SMG and still get back up. I seriously hope they lower the health of those in a patch.

Weapon upgrades do kind of matter since higher level weapons can do more damage and give you more ammo. But as far as classes go it really depends on the perks you have equipped. Medic and Fixer have some of the best perks in the game right now and I think Gunslinger is alright too but I haven't really used it.

just a tip for you guys, do NY first, move to Moscow, do Jeru 1 and maybe 3, do all Tokyo then do Jeru2 because that mission is very hard and you need an insanely good RNG (no enemy turrets inside the garages, you find automatic turrets...etc)

Also i heard now after the last update the game is easier as solo player with no AI just watch out for lurkers and you should be good to go, GL!

12 hours ago, HaweGame said:

just a tip for you guys, do NY first, move to Moscow, do Jeru 1 and maybe 3, do all Tokyo then do Jeru2 because that mission is very hard and you need an insanely good RNG (no enemy turrets inside the garages, you find automatic turrets...etc)

Also i heard now after the last update the game is easier as solo player with no AI just watch out for lurkers and you should be good to go, GL!

you can play offline solo with no bots? how do you do that?
also is there any way to change the class of the bots

ive got to the end of a few levels on the hardest difficulty and then a bull wipes all my bots out and i get swarmed and die

but like the dude said above hitting them in the back is key. if i see a bull i just run and kite him and let my ai handle him, if they can without dying. 

i try to start with the medic class since they give you a health pack, or the other class that gives you a extra death.

this reminds me of payday though where you can battle as best as you can and do really great and a special enemy just catapults out of no where and ruins a half hour or hour of gameplay within one bad second and theres nothing you can do about it

Posted (edited)

On 8/2/2019 at 6:38 PM, HaweGame said:

Me and a friend are trying to do them in order and are stuck on Jerusalem 2. It's seriously a pain in the ass and I feel like the devs didn't test that difficulty or they have a warped sense of challenge. The first holdout spot is doable if the people with you are competent even if you don't get that much defenses but when it comes to the final part I don't see how you can accomplish that unless the stars align perfectly. Pretty much every time we get there, we are already near dead and almost out of supplies because they shove that swarm at the part towards you prior. But not only that, there's already a bunch of zombies there ready to gang up on you at every turn, yet they want you to get 8-10 and sometimes even 12 car parts while under the threat of another swarm arriving in two minutes?

It just feels like they expect you to juggle so much all at once and if anything even goes slightly wrong it's all over, or in most cases you're already screwed over because one or more people are on the brink of death with barely any ammo or supplies to work with. And that's if you have an okay-ish team. Don't even get me started on the dumbasses that want to play hero and get everyone else overrun. In summary, the devs really need to find some way to fix parts like that but especially Dead Sea Stroll in particular. There's just too much bullshit thrown on top of another and too many factors that can go wrong that make it way more frustrating than it already is.

Edit: After trying for I think three probably four days at this point we managed to get it. The main advice I can leave for anyone else reading this for the final part is to not get fixated on getting the car parts right away. Clearing out at least most of the zombies is ideal since there is a quick break from killing them aside from the horde. There's also a glitch that as of now works but no guarantees on later on if they patch it that can help out by whoever is in the glitch spot can distract a lot of zombies leaving everyone else to get car parts.

Edited by Redgrave

On 8/2/2019 at 7:38 PM, HaweGame said:

at least one fully leveled fixer class (maybe even two) imo is a necessity for Jerusalem 2