Any tips for a perfect start?

I have watched several videos and read some guides, but apparently I don't understand how to get the maximum boost at the beginning. I push X several times and then once again just before the light turns green, but most of the time I only get the normal boost (so far I'm at 5/25 for the challenge). Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

I don't think you need to press x more than once. At least I never did. It just comes down to the timing of pressing x right before the green light. It may take a little bit of practice, but after enough time trial attempts you should have no problem nailing it. 

45 minutes ago, RachelCharlotte said:

I have watched several videos and read some guides, but apparently I don't understand how to get the maximum boost at the beginning. I push X several times and then once again just before the light turns green, but most of the time I only get the normal boost (so far I'm at 5/25 for the challenge). Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

If you notice the boost bar in the low-right corner of the screen it has two "intermediate steps" where your boost stops. It will stop more or less halfay through the bar on your first X press, then move onto the second "step" after the second X press and then just reach the end of the gauge. After this you will want to keep pushing X with the same timing you did before (if you wait too much between two X presses you will go back to the previous "steps"), making sure you have a full gauge a bit before the green light.

• Like 2

The way I did it was, as soon as the timer hits the third red light. Tap x and immediately take your finger off the button, then immediately tap x again for the same length of time. Then hold x and by this time you should see the boost bar full just around the same time the race starts. (It stays at max for about a second). 

If this doesn't work, and if you're too late, then try and do the same process just before the third red light. 

If you're too early, then try experimenting with how much time you can leave between the second tap of x and the third x (holding). Or even start just after the third light turns red. 

It seems that the first two x presses have to be a quick tap, and the third one has to be held in. 

Doing it this way I've managed to get it pretty consistently on the time trials. 

I know I haven't explained this very well, so if you need anything explained further just ask. 

Edited by TerminatarMnA
  • Like 1

It took me untill the tine trials to get the boost. At the start of adventure mode i was doin it moat of the time but then near to the end it wasnt working at all

The way i do it now is tap x at each red light (not the first one as it comes on too quick) then press x just before the green light comes on. Works for me evertime now

Hope this helps

• Like 1

You can do this in battle mode too with a guest user + controller. Simply rev up your engine with like 1 full press and 2 fast ones, then hold down X to make the boost bar hit the end when green light pops. You can easily see if your bar hit the end of the gauge or not. If it didn't, just retry. After killing your guest user, do a rematch. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, vex1993 said:

You can do this in battle mode too with a guest user + controller. Simply rev up your engine with like 1 full press and 2 fast ones, then hold down X to make the boost bar hit the end when green light pops. You can easily see if your bar hit the end of the gauge or not. If it didn't, just retry. After killing your guest user, do a rematch. 

That's a really good idea and would have been a lot faster than playing Coco Park twenty times :D But alas, now I have completed the challenge (as well as all the others except for a win after being in 8th place at the beginning of the final lap. And I'm still missing five positions on Crash Cove, I wonder how you are supposed to get those two).