PSN name change + Black Ops 2

So, recently I've noticed that due to my psn name change, I'm unable to play online on this game normally. Instead of being able to play online straight from the get-go, I have to start out offline, go to local mode, then back out and sign in from in-game. I then had to reactivate my console due to my DLCs not recognizing my username. While this tedious process is all well and good for zombies, I'm unable to play multiplayer. If I try the same tactic for going online on multiplayer, my PS3 freezes right as I'm signing in. So, with that, does anyone have a method to get around the multiplayer freezing up? I really don't want to change my name back just to play one single game. Hell, even BO1 works with the new name (though cod points and stats get reset unfortunately). 

3 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Playstation said that you MAY but not have to, face some problems with online games. I'd say, either change your name back, or make a new account just to play BO2.

Rather not. Just figured after all these months, somebody might've figured a work around, like they did for zombies. :( 

4 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Rather not. Just figured after all these months, somebody might've figured a work around, like they did for zombies. :( 

You might wanna look around BO2 threads, maybe there is something there after all.

Just now, HaserPL said:

You might wanna look around BO2 threads, maybe there is something there after all.

Nah every thread on here is about big leagues, from what I can see. Hmm, I'll try asking on the cod discord. 

11 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

See here for how to fix the freezing problems :):

Yeah that's how I found the fix for zombies, but alas, no multiplayer

Ah well, others have convinced me to just use a dummy account, so to not risk modders fucking up my account. No harm done besides my level being gone. 

Edited by ArmoredSnowman

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2019-10-20 at 8:58 PM, Nitro said:

In this video, BO2 completely screws his hard drive

(Rip Mystic's HardDrive). But, not surprised. The same thing happened to me. Luckily I had my files backed up, but super annoying. My current account made in 2018 just freezes infinitely on this game. I have to sign out, play a custom game & log in after that. Really annoying.

On 2019-07-04 at 4:54 AM, ArmoredSnowman said:

Yeah that's how I found the fix for zombies, but alas, no multiplayer

Ah well, others have convinced me to just use a dummy account, so to not risk modders fucking up my account. No harm done besides my level being gone. 

If you; sign out from PSN, load up the game, sign in to multiplayer, play an offline custom game for 20-30s, sign in to PSN, and quit back to the main online it *should* work. It works for me at least :) No other fix would work for me. Too bad I'm 6 months late.

11 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

f you; sign out from PSN, load up the game, sign in to multiplayer, play an offline custom game for 20-30s, sign in to PSN, and quit back to the main online it *should* work. It works for me at least :) No other fix would work for me. Too bad I'm 6 months late.

I find it very odd that BO2 freezes PS3, but BO1 just has stat reset. 3arc could easily fix things, but ah well  :/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Yeah. I’ve began to like 3arc less & less over time. Literally took them more than a year to fix Gorod Krovi’s EE Crash on XB1 & PS4.

Y'know, at least that had two workarounds (either do it solo, while downgraded, or use XBSLink to play with others thru LAN while downgraded), but yea, total fuck up on 3arc's part, but it's nothing new at this point. I would place 60% of the blame on Activi$ion though.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, PandaGuyBonson said:

Would it be safe to boot the game offline to do the story?? Or would it crash the system? 

Just load offline, select game mode, and then sign in from game. It won't work for MP afaik, but helps with zombies. 

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, Blueshell- said:

Can I play zombies online doing that or only offline? I might just revert my name change if its gonna cause too many problems for a bit since another game I was going back to finish seems to have erased all my stuff too because of it

You can play online, but some users have said they will still freeze 10 minutes or so into the game, so only truly viable options are revert PSN name or use LAN to connect to your teammates.

• 2 weeks later...

Game freezes for me during launch too if I'm signed into psn but I never changed psn id. My account is 3 years old and it seems like new accounts (or relatively new like mine which were created in ps4 era) have lots of issues with some ps3 multiplayer games, for example not saved stats in wolfenstein 2009, goodbye another platinum! servers are closed for this game now.
I didn't expect that this shit will happen to CoD title, now I'm not sure if I'm able to play mp in bo2, should I cross out this game too or are there any workarounds?

15 hours ago, KingSkovald said:

Game freezes for me during launch too if I'm signed into psn but I never changed psn id. My account is 3 years old and it seems like new accounts (or relatively new like mine which were created in ps4 era) have lots of issues with some ps3 multiplayer games, for example not saved stats in wolfenstein 2009, goodbye another platinum! servers are closed for this game now.
I didn't expect that this shit will happen to CoD title, now I'm not sure if I'm able to play mp in bo2, should I cross out this game too or are there any workarounds?

Some people said that if you go in offline, start a custom lobby, and play a local match, then sign into PSN while in-game, exit the match, and then go online, it might work.

• Like 1