Thoughts?

Burgins

4 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Yeah it looks like the trophy list came in with the title "Stranger Thing".... Amazing quality control here with your trophy lists recently Sony - Went ahead and fixed that, though don't expect a fix for that anytime soon on PSN itself lol

Now to fix the forum name lol. 

8 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Take video game forums with a grain of salt

some things can be light hearted and funny

unless youre a fanboy of the show then i can see why so many come to its defense

It's defense? Let me get this straight. Just because I don't like ignorant posts like the one quoted below mixing completely different things together and on top of them calling it "metaphor" (which is not) just for the sake of saying the game looks shitty, I'm somehow fanboy of the show? That's some fucked up logic here. The show is OK, the game doesn't appeal to me. I just wanted to know what it is.

12 hours ago, DaenerysDeGraaf said:

Looks kinda shitty to me. 8bit style, what is this Ratalaika? We're in 2019

Thoughts?

Spoiler

STOP MAKING DUMB GAMES INSPIRED BY TV SERIES BECAUSE EVERYONE NOW IS ADDICTED TO THESE THINGS IN TELEVISION WATCHING IT UNTIL 3 A.M. INSTEAD OF GETTING A REAL LIFE DOING SOMETHING USEFUL AND MAKE REAL VIDEOGAMES LIKE 10 YEARS AGO

Simple :)

Will buy it only if it's an easy platinum with all skippable dialogue (like Telltale Games, press Triangle for "...") when it cost 9,99€

Edited by tjoe1bkhjtqxm

22 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Since when was there a 1 and a 2?

im usually pretty keen on new trophy lists here and never even knew the tv show had a game series

The “3” in the title is referring to the third season of the Netflix show rather than the third game in a series.

• Like 1

Hmmm from what I've seen so far people are really hating on the retro style, I feel it fits the show pretty good though. I like the idea of it being a nice couch co-op for me and the girl, however I do agree with others and it seems priced a little high. I'd probably be down with this one if it was around the 15 dollar mark instead of the 26.99 as it doesn't seem like a very long game.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

It's defense? Let me get this straight. Just because I don't like ignorant posts like the one quoted below mixing completely different things together and on top of them calling it "metaphor" (which is not) just for the sake of saying the game looks shitty, I'm somehow fanboy of the show? That's some fucked up logic here. The show is OK, the game doesn't appeal to me. I just wanted to know what it is.

Calm your tits lmao ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaenerysDeGraaf said:

Calm your tits lmao 1f602.png

Calm your tits? Now you're just writing random catch phrases from Urban dictionary? I miss the times when forums were about actually discussing stuff. I'm out.

Edited by BloodyRutz

So, i played a bit of this last night. And so far it seems pretty simple, but i'm having fun. The gnomes dont seem all that hard to find.  It's an open world game where you can go to several closed off locations and find missions and collect stuff. You unlock more characters as you go that will alow you to open up other areas in locations you've been on before. 

Platinum seems to be easy enough.

Edited by RoaringMdog18
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Yeah like those smartest and coolest movies in the world, Jurassic Park, Back To The Future and Saw

Ok but bad movie/TV -> videogame adaptions don't mean all of them are bad. Harry Potter, for example, had some great Zelda-esque experiences on PS2, a fun American McGee's Alice type experience on PC, and Final Fantasy-esque RPGs on handhelds. All of which were quite high quality.

What makes you think a Stranger Things game is likely to cause such a strong addiction to the show? If anything it'll likely be existing fans that play it.

32 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Ok but bad movie/TV -> videogame adaptions don't mean all of them are bad. Harry Potter, for example, had some great Zelda-esque experiences on PS2, a fun American McGee's Alice type experience on PC, and Final Fantasy-esque RPGs on handhelds. All of which were quite high quality.

What makes you think a Stranger Things game is likely to cause such a strong addiction to the show? If anything it'll likely be existing fans that play it.

Spider-Man PS4, Goldeneye 64, The Walking Dead, and countless others are licensed games that have been good. I dont know why tjoe1bkhjtqxm is generalising all licensed games as bad

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Is this any good? Positives? Negatives? It's on sale for 5 USD. I've never seen the show and don't really care to -- I'm just wondering if the game stands alone on its own for someone who doesn't care about the tv series. 

Edited by droppingtherock

• 1 year later...

Just picked it up for $6.74 Canadian. Launched at $26.99. Dropped down to $13.49 as it’s default price at some point. Definitely enjoying it for $7.

I’ve played 3 hours so far, and I’m on Chapter 4 (8 total). Definitely some things I don’t like, like the combat is pretty bare bones, I went into it knowing that, but besides the “unique” character attacks that have some charm for a few minutes it’s not too amazing. Definitely enjoying playing in the Stranger Things universe with all its locations, characters & whatnot.

I’d recommend.

Worst part I’d say is the forced NG+ run & maybe the 50 Gnomes. The gnomes aren’t hard to find, but it does feel like some pointless padding, it is a collectible after all.