Stuck at loading screen

ChieveMoe

I just got this game and bought the season pass and finished season 1 and in the middle of season 2 and when i load up the game and hit X to start i get stuck on the black loading screen with the batman symbol at the bottom right. Does anyone know of a fix from this that has experienced the same issue?

1 hour ago, Kristmas2 said:

Logout from telltale account and Play off-line. It helped solve this problem in my case.

How do i log out though if it only brings me to the point of the main menu where it says X to start?

7 hours ago, ChieveMoe said:

How do i log out though if it only brings me to the point of the main menu where it says X to start?

If you have already singed in, there is no way to sign out from game or your console itself. To workaround this I have used my computer, singed in there trough web browser and i have changed password to my telltale account there. That way game on your console cannot sign in anymore, cause password that had been remembered by game is invalid and you will be signed out :) Hope it will help - for me it's working - as for today i have completed episode 1 & 2 without problems :)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kristmas2 said:

If you have already singed in, there is no way to sign out from game or your console itself. To workaround this I have used my computer, singed in there trough web browser and i have changed password to my telltale account there. That way game on your console cannot sign in anymore, cause password that had been remembered by game is invalid and you will be signed out :) Hope it will help - for me it's working - as for today i have completed episode 1 & 2 without problems :)

Boo. I tried that and still no dice. Even tried to email support and they don't support anymore so it seems lol.. Well wasted my $15! 

Spoiler

Hi Chievemoe,

Thank you for contacting Telltale Games Support. Unfortunately as of September 21st 2018, we can no longer offer support for our games. We apologize for the difficulty this causes you.

We have greatly enjoyed our time together. Thank you for playing our games.

Best Regards,
Telltale Support

8 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Could you just play with your console offline to get the same effect?

Yeah not even that worked. I just uninstalled it and am going to try to start it up once it's done offline to see if it'll work then.

9 hours ago, Brenden said:

Happened to me on Walking Dead. I went offline, deleted my save and it worked.

Ah what the hell lol that worked lol thank you. Everyone whos have this issue, do this. Never go online, if youre stuck just delete saved data.

9 hours ago, Kristmas2 said:

Try deleting game and save and reinstall, and never go online - i turn off router before i start- yesterday i finished 3rd episode that way, without any problems. I download next episodes Alter i finish previous ones too.

thank you for keeping on with this thread!

13 hours ago, Brenden said:

Happened to me on Walking Dead. I went offline, deleted my save and it worked.

What if I don’t have a save file?? Because I just got Batman the telltale series and when I press X to begin it loads but afterwards it gets stuck on the loading screen that’s after it and I don’t have a save file I need someone to help me ASAP

4 hours ago, Edge_5secondpose said:

What if I don’t have a save file?? Because I just got Batman the telltale series and when I press X to begin it loads but afterwards it gets stuck on the loading screen that’s after it and I don’t have a save file I need someone to help me ASAP

You do have a save file. It was created when you opened the game for the first time. I know because I also started it for the first time today and had this issue.

First go offline. Then go to your account data management and delete the save data for Batman (it'll be there even if you only started the game once and never got past the black screen). Start the game up again offline and you should be able to play it. 

2 hours ago, Ericzander42 said:

You do have a save file. It was created when you opened the game for the first time. I know because I also started it for the first time today and had this issue.

First go offline. Then go to your account data management and delete the save data for Batman (it'll be there even if you only started the game once and never got past the black screen). Start the game up again offline and you should be able to play it. 

I figured it out if you play on PS4 and it doesn’t work play offline on a guest account worked for me

8 hours ago, Berrako_ said:

But if I start the game offline, how can i download next episodes??

Literally what i did, i got to the menu where you can choose the episodes, went back to settings and went online, then downloaded the episode / installed, then went and turned the game back offline(might be extra to do that, but i turned it off just in case) then proceeded to play said downloaded episode.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The_10th_Dr_Who said:

So basically anytime i want to play this game i must

A. Play through the entire game in one sitting.

Or

B. Restart from the beginning everytime i come bacl too it.

Brilliant

Not at all - you got it wrong. You only have to go offline when you turn on game - after you finish episode, you can turn off game, turn internet on, download next episode and do whatever you want. I even turn internet on when i finish each episode, and i am in game menu, to check my choices with community, and so far i did not have any problems - i have completed episodes 1,2,3,4 that way. So it's not that bad - i guess you have to be offline when you start game and never sign into telltale account. Hope that helps :)

19 hours ago, Berrako_ said:

But if I start the game offline, how can i download next episodes??

You can finish episode, turn off game, turn internet on, download next episode, turn off internet and start a game again. That's what i do and it works. I even turn on internet during credits of each episode, to check my choices with community, and so far nothing happened. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NastyNeezer said:

So far this has happened to me on this and Minecraft Story Mode. Is this how it is for all of them now? Gotta just play everything offline ?

Not for certain since this was my first time playing a Telltale but it was a serious downer having to do this. Also they arent providing any support per their automated replies when you request resolve for this. Think they threw in the towel.