Early Impressions

Maaden_Swe

This little gem of a game just released. Got an amazing theme with it. Around 20 dollars.

The trophies dont seem to be that hard at all. Always a little problem when a game ask you to find every collectible but in this case I cant see they would be any problem. The bottles float in the air and are easy to spot. And when you get kinda close to a bird there is a mark to shoo it away.

The game looks amazing, its weird, its creepy. The voice acting is the only thing I got a problem with so far, its a bit silly compared to the rest of the game. 

I would have wanted a bigger boat tho, this small one freak me out :o 

60LR8Ug.jpg

• Like 1

Seems to be getting pretty mixed reviews at the moment. That theme is gorgeous though :) annoying it can't be bought seperately. I never get that. I understand bundling it for 'free' with pre-orders, but why not make them available to buy seperately? Its bonus revenue for them and it is not like it is a status symbol in game or anything. 

Another example is the Oxenfree theme. I love it, but I already own the game on XB1 and dont want to buy it again just for the theme.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Maaden_Swe said:

The trophies dont seem to be that hard at all. Always a little problem when a game ask you to find every collectible but in this case I cant see they would be any problem. The bottles float in the air and are easy to spot. And when you get kinda close to a bird there is a mark to shoo it away.

I missed one seagull (know which one, but couldn't trigger the shoo) - unfortunately the game doesn't show you where you missed collectibles after the playthrough, even if you can jump to every chapter. And ... my missed seagull wasn't there anymore =(

21 hours ago, glurak400 said:

its easy?

Yea it seem pretty easy, some people already got the platinum :) I havent had the chance to complete it myself, life got in the way, gonna try it this weekend tho :) 

21 hours ago, Juxta-Dowgle said:

Seems to be getting pretty mixed reviews at the moment. That theme is gorgeous though :) annoying it can't be bought seperately. I never get that. I understand bundling it for 'free' with pre-orders, but why not make them available to buy seperately? Its bonus revenue for them and it is not like it is a status symbol in game or anything. 

Another example is the Oxenfree theme. I love it, but I already own the game on XB1 and dont want to buy it again just for the theme.

Feels like these kind of games always will get mixed reviews :) 

Yea its really stupid that people cannot buy the theme, it really looks great. Hope they add it later :)

11 hours ago, Kithaitaa said:

I missed one seagull (know which one, but couldn't trigger the shoo) - unfortunately the game doesn't show you where you missed collectibles after the playthrough, even if you can jump to every chapter. And ... my missed seagull wasn't there anymore =(

Dang man, that sucks :o  And its really stupid when games got trophies where you need to find all collectibles but dont track in which level you have missed one. 

Sorry for your lost seagull :( 

• 1 year later...
On 06/07/2019 at 0:47 AM, Kithaitaa said:

Do you mean the seagull which tends to vanish underwater? Just started playing this game and it's "a meh one". I got it through EA play, but if it really costed 20 bucks then that was very expensive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I really enjoy games like this. An honest and personal take on topics that are sometimes overlooked or avoided. Very powerful and so much to explore in this field.

The music fits so well and the character design is intriguing.

Reminds me of Rime and my personal favourite little gem - Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

If it wasn't for the sale I would not of played it. If anyone else can personally recommend games like this I'd appreciate it

59 minutes ago, LOWERCASESUCKS said:

I really enjoy games like this. An honest and personal take on topics that are sometimes overlooked or avoided. Very powerful and so much to explore in this field.

The music fits so well and the character design is intriguing.

Reminds me of Rime and my personal favourite little gem - Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

If it wasn't for the sale I would not of played it. If anyone else can personally recommend games like this I'd appreciate it

Are we talking themes or journeys? Try Last Day of June (themes) and The Last Campfire (journey). Also look into Inside (journey), Never Alone (journey) Little Misfortune (little bit of both) and, finally, The House in Fata Morgana (lots of themes) if you don't mind visual novels and tons of reading. You might also appreciate Beyond Eyes and Papo & Yo (PS3) but personally speaking i wouldn't recommend those to anyone I know since I didn't enjoy it myself like I hoped I would (also, for the record, not too fond of Rime and SoS but wholeheartedly LOVED Brothers: aToTS).

Edited by VegaMan-X4
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

Are we talking themes or journeys? Try Last Day of June (themes) and The Last Campfire (journey). Also look into Inside (journey), Never Alone (journey) Little Misfortune (little bit of both) and, finally, The House in Fata Morgana (lots of themes) if you don't mind visual novels and tons of reading. You might also appreciate Beyond Eyes and Papo & Yo (PS3) but personally speaking i wouldn't recommend those to anyone I know since I didn't enjoy it myself like I hoped I would (also, for the record, not too fond of Rime and SoS but wholeheartedly LOVED Brothers: aToTS).

I guess themes and journeys. I really enjoyed what was being told to me and how it was portrayed. 

I appreciate these recommendations, I will source some after work today.