AJ_-_808

Unreleased - River City Girls

16 posts in this topic

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usgamer.net/amp/beat-up-baddies-and-rescue-your-boyfriends-in-river-city-girls-this-september

 

I'm honestly surprised no one jumped on this yet.  Some role-reversal with the girls rescuing their boyfriends.  I have a feeling this will bomb based off that concept alone, despite how well it may play or how good the story might be. 

 

The developer may be alienating a huge portion of their playerbase, but I hope I'm wrong. 

 

Aside from now probably wanting a 16bit River City remaster, what are your thoughts on this?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like it belongs in 1995 as opposed to 2019 and what is with this underage schoolgirl thing.....its weird!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna wait for the physical release but it looks really fun, i'm looking forward to it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

Looks like it belongs in 1995 as opposed to 2019 and what is with this underage schoolgirl thing.....its weird!!

 

As someone who actually lived during 1995 (I was roughly 15), this looks far too polished and smoothly animated to look like it came from mid-90s console gaming. Again, people underestimate just how primitive games from the 80s and 90s looked compared to today, and just how difficult it is to duplicate that look on a modern console. You can capture the essence of the style, but you can't quite duplicate it exactly without deliberately downgrading the hardware.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Looks pretty good. I honestly like the whole spin on the concept. Will be nice to play the girls rescuing the boyfriends for once. From what I saw on the trailer, the gameplay looks like classic beat 'em up action with solid animation, a nice pixelated art style, annnnnndddd I like the girls, they're cute, so yeah, I'm sold. Also, it's being developed by WayForward Technologies and I absolutely adored their revival of Double Dragon with Double Dragon Neon on the PS3. Played that one to death. I noticed Arc Sys is involved as well, so this one is shaping out quite nicely already.

 

Really interested in this one. ^_^

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theme song is ass.

But the game itself looks great, gonna get it for sure. Have a weakspot for games like this (especially being the progenitor of yakuza knowwhatimsayin)

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

 

As someone who actually lived during 1995 (I was roughly 15), this looks far too polished and smoothly animated to look like it came from mid-90s console gaming. Again, people underestimate just how primitive games from the 80s and 90s looked compared to today, and just how difficult it is to duplicate that look on a modern console. You can capture the essence of the style, but you can't quite duplicate it exactly without deliberately downgrading the hardware.

I just don't get the idea of making this low quality of game given the capabilities that are around these days. Maybe the Japanese are a strange bunch.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2019 at 3:24 PM, Honor_Hand said:

It's being developed by WayForward Technologies and I absolutely adored their revival of Double Dragon with Double Dragon Neon on the PS3.

 

Uh oh...that means...

 

Quote

The one- or local two-player bare-knuckle brawling is complemented by spectacular 16-bit-style graphics

 

Yup, fuck that.

Edited by dj_helyx
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am planning on picking this up from LRG when it releases. Now someone needs to bring River City Ransom Underground to PS4.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dj_helyx said:

 

Uh oh...that means...

 

 

Yup, fuck that.

Hee hee, I'm still down for some awesome local two-player action. :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Local co-op is the most appealing part.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2019 at 9:33 AM, AJ_-_808 said:

I'm honestly surprised no one jumped on this yet.  Some role-reversal with the girls rescuing their boyfriends.  I have a feeling this will bomb based off that concept alone, despite how well it may play or how good the story might be. 

 

The developer may be alienating a huge portion of their playerbase, but I hope I'm wrong. 

 

 

saying this probably means u don't really know Wayforward too well lol. They make the Shantae games dude. They've always made female protag stuff with cutesy aesthetic. their playerbase is prepped for that. weird take

 

Game looks really good and prob will be since it's from the shantae boys. I'll get it eventually, prob on a sale tho

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

 

Sounds like Vicki from Fairly Oddparents

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/07/2019 at 2:56 PM, DEI2EK said:

Gonna wait for the physical release but it looks really fun, i'm looking forward to it.

Limited Run are holding pre-orders from the 30th of August for 4 weeks only for physical release.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.