Cannibal_Wombat

Online matchmaking still trash

10 posts in this topic

Online matchmaking still seems incredibly buggy, maybe even worse since the update. I've just tried playing for about 1 hour and had the following issues:

- random boots from matchmaking lobby

- players glitching in races, which seems worst on twilight tour

- the coins/points award screen not appearing before going to the podium screen after a race

- loading into a full roster race on crash cove and everyone except me suddenly leaving the game, with me stuck on 'waiting for other players' (had to close and restart the game) 

- massive FPS drops on volcano island and jungle boogie

I absolutely love the game, especially the adventure mode and local play, but the online multiplayer is an absolute mess and has been incredibly frustrating to experience. 

Anyone else had/having similar issues? 

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues wombat. For me I often get disconnected from the lobby but other then that it works fine for me. 

21 hours ago, Cannibal_Wombat said:

- loading into a full roster race on crash cove and everyone except me suddenly leaving the game, with me stuck on 'waiting for other players' (had to close and restart the game)

Anyone else had/having similar issues? 

I had a similar issue once, I actually waited for a long time and the race started when one of the other 2 racers left.

Disconnects are the most common issue, let's hope this eventually get's fixed.

Another annoying thing is the lag, you notice it when a missile is tracking you. It will hit you before the target box shows that it is about to hit you...

Another weird thing that happened yesterday was that I finished 1st by 8seconds but when I finished, it showed that I came 2nd. Was a wtf? moment but I still got the coins for 1st place lol

4 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Another annoying thing is the lag, you notice it when a missile is tracking you. It will hit you before the target box shows that it is about to hit you...

Another weird thing that happened yesterday was that I finished 1st by 8seconds but when I finished, it showed that I came 2nd. Was a wtf? moment but I still got the coins for 1st place lol

Yeah, it's a little wacky, I just had to format my brain to add some lag to the missile trackers, it has been working for me ahah.

Also, I've earned 2nd place coins for finishing 5th, that's alright with me ahah, but those were rare cases. once or twice it has happened to me.

Yeah it's still a mess, the following things are happening to me

I finish a race and the game results say I came 2nd for example but on the podium I'm 3rd

Players still teleport from nowhere 

Top 3 podium doesn't appear sometimes after races

During a race it says I'm for example 1st but there are racers in front of me 

Sometimes I don't get to see how many coins I've won or nitro I earned and leader board points I gained after races 

very frustrating  

Im getting really annoyed about lobbys disconecting. Especially when your in a group thats really competitive (not just one absolutly bossing it)  

Not really experienced many other bugs but one racer im sure kept getting aku masks even in first place and ending up miles ahead.

7 hours ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Top 3 podium doesn't appear sometimes after races

I'd probably prefer that :D Firstly because the far more interesting screen telling me whether my multiplier is still active and how many coins I've earned disappears too quickly while the celebration actually needs me to push X in order to make it disappear. And, at least sometimes, the characters on the podium tend to get messed up horribly; for those who haven't had this happen yet I found this video.

Some player was lagging hard yesterday, which affected the positions. I kept switching from being 4th or 5th while I was sure nobody passed me. I guess the game had trouble tracking the lagging player, I finished the race as 5th but became 4th after.

On 7/7/2019 at 7:22 AM, Erkawest said:

I've had this happen, one particular instance springs to mind on Turbo Track, I finished with 3/4 of a lap lead over second place, next thing I know it says that I finished the race in 2nd place but my time was 2 seconds faster than second place. Like wtf happened there?