One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 announced [2020]

It's happening!!

Bandai just released this epic trailer for One Piece Pirate Warriors 4!

And we thought the 3rd game was the last!!

If this installment includes Big Mom arc, can we expect PW5 to be about Wano and Kaido??

Edited by Erkawest
  • Like 4

I'm so excited! I love this game series, and I feared Pirate Warriors 3 was going to be the end of it

The logo shows a club mark on the bottom left corner (Kaido's club?) and a cut with some electricity on the bottom right corner (Big Mom's Napoleon and Zeus?)
I expect that this game will cover a bit of Wano

Edited by NaughtyNoddy

Good call, really.

This is arguably the one game series that comes close to being a perfect fit to the source material.

Not saying the others were terrible, but the genres (open-world, fighting, exploration, side-scrolling) don't seem to gel as well as the DW formula.

Edited by RedRodriguez87

I'm really excited for this! I was Waiting for OP: PW4, this is the real OP Series that is great and fun to paly and not the boring original one from Bandai Itself With a  Boring Story.

Gonna for sure get it, hopefully it's a lot less grindy plat than the 3Rd one, the 2Nd one was perfect, Grindy but not too much and nothing RNG like in the First one.

Hope this one is gonna cover all the "Zou Island" Saga and not just a piece because the Original Ending for Dressrosa (that was still airing/Going in the manga as Saga) in OP:PW3 is terrible and shows how writers at Bandai don't have any good imagination.... 

Edited by Sora9427
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Erkawest said:

It's happening!!

Bandai just released this epic trailer for One Piece Pirate Warriors 4!

And we thought the 3rd game was the last!!

If this installment includes Big Mom arc, can we expect PW5 to be about Wano and Kaido??

Well, I doubt it'll ever end until the manga's over. Just like Ultimate Ninja. That said, how good are the Pirate Warriors games? I only own Burning Blood right now, though I haven't started it. Is it similar to Bleach Soul Resurreccion? 

4 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Well, I doubt it'll ever end until the manga's over. Just like Ultimate Ninja. That said, how good are the Pirate Warriors games? I only own Burning Blood right now, though I haven't started it. Is it similar to Bleach Soul Resurreccion? 

The games are better than the Bleach game. Less ridiculous grinding and more fun to play, but that's because KT/Omega Force are responsible for them and this is what they are good at. The first Pirate Warriors game is pretty meh with some of its weird mechanics that the other games don't have, and it has tons of reliance on RNG, but yeah overall still better than BSR.

Would love to see KT/Omega Force do a Bleach hack n slash game though.

• Like 1

The logo kinda hints that Kaido will be in it. Here's praying they can sneak in Wano since by the time the game will be out, the anime will probably be 1/3 into it.

As long as they keep the roster from the last game and add in Katakuri, everything else will be fine with me.

Edited by JohawnGames

2 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

The games are better than the Bleach game. Less ridiculous grinding and more fun to play, but that's because KT/Omega Force are responsible for them and this is what they are good at. The first Pirate Warriors game is pretty meh with some of its weird mechanics that the other games don't have, and it has tons of reliance on RNG, but yeah overall still better than BSR.

Would love to see KT/Omega Force do a Bleach hack n slash game though.

Huh nice, guess I'll try it out eventually. I'd love to see a PS4/PS5 Bleach game (though I'd love for the anime to be completed even more)! 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh boy... Wano is confirmed for PW4! Sooo we can expect Big Mom and Kaido!! Check the ending :o 

On 2019-07-07 at 4:06 AM, JohawnGames said:

The logo kinda hints that Kaido will be in it. Here's praying they can sneak in Wano since by the time the game will be out, the anime will probably be 1/3 into it.

As long as they keep the roster from the last game and add in Katakuri, everything else will be fine with me.

On 2019-08-22 at 3:54 PM, Sagaan said:

I hope wano kuni is also in or gets in via dlc. Plus collectors edition would be dope

Edited by Erkawest
  • Like 2

My guess its that they'll do the same as PW3 with their own story for Wano (like in Dressrosa). Also this confirms that we can play as Drake as well?

Hoping they actually fix the outfits for these arcs, for example the first trailer had Sanji and Luffy with their timeskip outfit instead of their Whole Cake ones (aside from the Sanji gameplay which had him in the wedding suit); now Zoro in Wano with his regular outfit as well.

Nonetheless, super hyped! This and DBZ Kakarrot are my top games of 2020 by far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohawnGames said:

Hoping they actually fix the outfits for these arcs, for example the first trailer had Sanji and Luffy with their timeskip outfit instead of their Whole Cake ones (aside from the Sanji gameplay which had him in the wedding suit); now Zoro in Wano with his regular outfit as well.

Nonetheless, super hyped! This and DBZ Kakarrot are my top games of 2020 by far.

Yeah, I noticed that too... 

Same for me!

I played this game today, there were two stages, of which you could choose. One with Big Mom in it where you could only choose Luffy and the other a more general stage which had Zoro and some of the other characters you could choose from. I chose the Luffy one.

Gameplay has changed a bit. Most surprisingly it's the first Musou game ever that does NOT have a Musou gauge. X is now Jump, just like in other Dynasty Warrior games. O is now dash, or a sort of special attack dash. This time you have a kind of 4 Musou gauges more like skills. Where you could press R1 and then either of the four buttons, each has their own timer, which seems to be timed rather than levelling using skills.

You had to kill some guards to progress through all were the same. Bits of forest opened up, it was basically a tutorial though as you had to use all the combos that were on skill with infinite enemies and read a ton of screens, this could quite well possibly be the first level in game. You can press attack with T, S, and combos like S, S, T in mid air.

At the end of the stage was Big Mum, who was massive and more like a boss on Berserk Musou, she took quite a while to kill, again this was a tutorial, you burst into a super form near the end to finish her off (her running away for now)

In all honestly it felt very similar to the 3rd game but was still great fun, I'm glad the game is still 60fps it felt silky smooth. I hate PS4 games that drop to 30fps these days. You had 15 minutes in the demo but I did it easily in 10 and got a One Piece Musou 4 postcard thing for my troubles. I hope this game has offline coop or online coop, I have a slight feeling it isn't, but I could be wrong. The way the boss fight was wouldn't work in 2 player. Still it might be like One Piece Musou 1 with a story and also a musou mode as separate.

17 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I played this game today, there were two stages, of which you could choose. One with Big Mom in it where you could only choose Luffy and the other a more general stage which had Zoro and some of the other characters you could choose from. I chose the Luffy one.

Gameplay has changed a bit. Most surprisingly it's the first Musou game ever that does NOT have a Musou gauge. X is now Jump, just like in other Dynasty Warrior games. O is now dash, or a sort of special attack dash. This time you have a kind of 4 Musou gauges more like skills. Where you could press R1 and then either of the four buttons, each has their own timer, which seems to be timed rather than levelling using skills.

You had to kill some guards to progress through all were the same. Bits of forest opened up, it was basically a tutorial though as you had to use all the combos that were on skill with infinite enemies and read a ton of screens, this could quite well possibly be the first level in game. You can press attack with T, S, and combos like S, S, T in mid air.

At the end of the stage was Big Mum, who was massive and more like a boss on Berserk Musou, she took quite a while to kill, again this was a tutorial, you burst into a super form near the end to finish her off (her running away for now)

In all honestly it felt very similar to the 3rd game but was still great fun, I'm glad the game is still 60fps it felt silky smooth. I hate PS4 games that drop to 30fps these days. You had 15 minutes in the demo but I did it easily in 10 and got a One Piece Musou 4 postcard thing for my troubles. I hope this game has offline coop or online coop, I have a slight feeling it isn't, but I could be wrong. The way the boss fight was wouldn't work in 2 player. Still it might be like One Piece Musou 1 with a story and also a musou mode as separate.

Sounds interesting, are you a reviewer? :o

On 7/6/2019 at 0:40 PM, Oblivion said:

Please don't be open world, please don't be open world...

I don't want another disaster like Dynasty Warriors 9.

I doubt they'll re-visit that model any time soon, if ever. At worst (which might be best), they'll go back to the model of Dragon Quest Heroes 2.

Edited by starcrunch061

10 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Sounds interesting, are you a reviewer? :o

No. It was at TGS. I almost missed out on playing the game as for some unknown reason it was inside the Bandai Namco area next to the Dragon Ball Kakkoroto game instead of the the usual Koei Tecmo place.

I still ahve to Watch the Wano island Arc so i won't watch the Trailer but since it's finished in the Anime (And obviously Manga) i hope we see it all well ported until the end.

PW 3 came out Mid Dressrosa Arc and we have the first half being as in the Anime/Manga really good and fun to play and then a pretty Lame ending (YEah Bandai Writers for Anime Games sucks honestly) to finish it with a ficitonal conclusion.