So you still have to buy the online pass? US

Zid960

In the US: yes, probably, since the online pass is still available for purchase, at least on the web version of the US ps store. Though you should double-check your download list(s) for it anyway, and re-download it if you find it in there.

In Europe: no, it's included in the free dlc bundle.

*The regional differences are very puzzling.....

Edited by Quaddo1
*edit
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zid960 said:

Is the pass region locked? To that region of the game?

Cuz if not. I could go over to one of the European psn and just grab the pass

All Online Passes are region locked, thus you have to get it from the PS Store in the same region as your copy of the game.

8 minutes ago, Zid960 said:

Is the pass region locked? To that region of the game?

Cuz if not. I could go over to one of the European psn and just grab the pass

It's probably region locked, though I guess it could be worth a try.

To get the pass from the European web site you'll have to download the whole free bundle.

You'll have to open this link in an incognito window or use a vpn to be able to access the site: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-BCES01585_00-TLOUADDONSBUNDLE

Ugg so i spent 10$ for nothing...? not given them a other 10 just to unlock a plat.

See if i can find anyone with the pass. Play on there ps3. 

Thanks for the help everyone 

Edited by Zid960

Network pass is free right now in the EU store. ''Add On'' bundle make sure to download that. It comes with a lot of things, Network Pass included.

The Network Pass is included in the ''Add On'' bundle via Playstation Store website.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

9 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Network pass is free right now in the EU store. ''Add On'' bundle make sure to download that. It comes with a lot of things, Network Pass included.

Is the Network Pass explicitly called that in the bundle, because I cannot find it ? I have reinstalled the map packs from the bundle again, together with the "Factions MP unlock" or something, but I am still prompted for the network pass which is unavailable. From the in-game MP menu nothing is found on the PS store at all, so I cannot progress any further.

28 minutes ago, The_Slugkiller said:

Is the Network Pass explicitly called that in the bundle, because I cannot find it ? I have reinstalled the map packs from the bundle again, together with the "Factions MP unlock" or something, but I am still prompted for the network pass which is unavailable. From the in-game MP menu nothing is found on the PS store at all, so I cannot progress any further.

Go Account Management => Transaction Management => Services and see if the Online Pass is listed there. If the Pass isn't listed, then you never had it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Slugkiller said:

Yes, it's called "Network Pass The Last Of Us" in the European bundle, as you can see here: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/75504-network-pass-for-brand-new-physical-copies/?do=findComment&comment=1866497

Like HuntingFever said, if you can't find it in either your download list in the xmb (or view downloads in the ps3 ps store), download the whole bundle again until it pops up there. Download the dlc again manually and individually if you still can't access Factions

1 hour ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

The Network Pass is included in the ''Add On'' bundle via Playstation Store website.

We know that and have already stated this in this thread.

The op is the US (or at least has a US edition of the game) where the free bundle there doesn't seem to include the network/online pass. It's unclear if the pass included in the European bundle will work for a US game and/or psn account.

Edited by Quaddo1
  • Like 1

IIRC, DLC from Southeast Asia PS Store works with US disc/R1, & DLC from US PS Store works with some Asia disc/R3. I bought Saints Row 3 season pass from US Store for my R3 disc, and it works. 

I'm pretty sure TLoU's Network Pass are free in Southeast Asia PS Store, give it a try dude.

xPPFXxJ.jpg

• Like 1

Ok, I have deleted the data for TLOU on my PS3 and re-downloaded the Add-on bundle. This time it downloaded 16 items, and at the top of my download list is the Network Pass, which is strange, but at least I can access the MP now. Thank you Quaddo1 and HuntingFever for your help, i thought this was never going to work.

The cosmetic items have not been installed, however, and neither has the Grounded Mode, but these can be reinstalled from my download list.

I have no idea why it did not download the Network Pass before (and it still downloaded Factions MP Unlock again), but at least it works now. Thank you ?

• Like 2

Great to hear you got it working!

I'm not sure, but I think there was an update to the free dlc bundle quite recently (btw when did you download it the first time?).

...and yes a lot of the other dlcs are still locked, but that's quite easily remedied, as you already seem to know.

2 hours ago, Quaddo1 said:

Great to hear you got it working!

I'm not sure, but I think there was an update to the free dlc bundle quite recently (btw when did you download it the first time?).

...and yes a lot of the other dlcs are still locked, but that's quite easily remedied, as you already seem to know.

I downloaded the Add-On bundle on the first day it was released, so you may be correct that it was updated sometime after this. And yes, I am aware that the cosmetic items can be installed individually, although it is a pain to do them one at a time. Thanks again.

• Like 1

^ it was like that for me too. I downloaded the free bundle after it was added to the store but it didn't include the online pass, then 3 weeks later I tried again and they updated the bundle with the online pass and factions unlock.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I have tried downloading the online pass from the EU store. That did not work. 

I have tried downloading it from the Asian Store like pokwey suggested. That did not work. 

I have downloaded it and redownloaded the dlc bundles numerous times from the US store and the online pass still doesn't show up. 

I have even sent a tweet to Scott Lowe regarding this issue and so far he hasn't replied back yet. 

I have the disc version of the game. (Region 1).  

Does anyone have any suggestions in order to obtain the online pass and factions unlock for free? 

Edited by Deathon6

14 hours ago, Deathon6 said:

I have tried downloading it from the Asian Store like pokwey suggested. That did not work. 

I have downloaded it and redownloaded the dlc bundles numerous times from the US store and the online pass still doesn't show up. 

I have even sent a tweet to Scott Lowe regarding this issue and so far he hasn't replied back yet. 

Does anyone have any suggestions in order to obtain the online pass and factions unlock for free? 

Go to your download history and download it manually. The online pass Should have appeared there. It did not automatically download it for me and I needed to download it manually. 

On 8/1/2019 at 8:12 AM, Deathon6 said:

Like it's already been stated in this thread and many others on this forum:

For the US/Canada region the free dlc bundle doesn't include the network/online pass. Why there are regional differences to the bundle is unclear (though it's probably a mistake imho). 

If you have an unused voucher code for online access that doesn't work you could get in contact with sony/playstation and request a new working one. If you don't have that, you'll simply have to pay for access.....

• Like 1