Dragon Quest Builders 2 trophy thoughts?

On 7/7/2019 at 2:42 PM, MidnightDragon said:

It looks like all regions share the same list this time. Looks like it's more completion oriented this time, but nothing looks too hard. 

The trophy list looks to be much easier than Dragon Quest Builders but then again it makes sense since you aren't getting shuffled about and starting over from scratch like last game, it's more of a hub-based exploration. I'll be picking this game up today but I intend to try to platinum the original first. ;)

1 hour ago, realm722 said:

Bruh... the platinum is already at 35%.

I regret getting the 1st one now with all the speedrun trophies. This one is 10x easier and seems better in every single way. 

I didn't even finish the game due to the looming stress of the speedruns again... I did the first two world speedruns and as soon as I got to the third one's regular playthrough with it's total lack of food... I can't imagine doing the speedrun. Maybe someday, but I doubt it...

2 looks a lot more fun and with more freedom. Not that I dislike the first though.

First off, why is there no forum for the English version. People are going to ignore this forum because they think the Japanese version is very different. :(

Second, have only gotten a couple of misc trophies on it but the story is so engaging I don't care. I just reached Khrumul-Dun and it reminds me of Kol from the first Builders with all the bodybuilders in full face masks. How do they drink their digger jiggers?!? xD

On 7/18/2019 at 6:11 PM, realm722 said:

Bruh... the platinum is already at 35%.

I regret getting the 1st one now with all the speedrun trophies. This one is 10x easier and seems better in every single way. 

The speedruns aren't really that horrible, they just need a lot of planning. I nearly failed the ones for Chapter 2 and 3 because I wasted too much time trying to optimize new routes and taking a lot of damage. Also, DQB2 is much more dangerous in combat and shows you how weak you are in the beginning of each island. I could one-shot enemies at the end ofFurrowfield… and a King Slime in Khrumbul Dun DESTROYED ME. :P I am grateful for no day tracker because the ghosts in this game can one-shot you if you are too weak so you CANNOT simply do some night exploration because the Spirit Reapers will rip you to pieces if you stay out with sleeping, similar to how the Reaper in the Persona Series appeared if you dabbled about on a single floor forever farming enemies for EXP. ;)

Edited by RuneEyesDragon

• 4 years later...
On 7/18/2019 at 7:16 PM, Elvick_ said:

I didn't even finish the game due to the looming stress of the speedruns again... I did the first two world speedruns and as soon as I got to the third one's regular playthrough with it's total lack of food... I can't imagine doing the speedrun. Maybe someday, but I doubt it...

2 looks a lot more fun and with more freedom. Not that I dislike the first though.

I just completely ignored the speedruns on the first game on my first playthrough. I always take a very long time advancing the plot in games, and I did not intend to change that this time. After finishing the game, I went back and did the first chapter's speedrun. I will be doing the rest one at a time someday. That way, I enjoyed the game at my own pace, and I can focus only on finishing the chapter quickly on a second run.

55 minutes ago, Cesar-HMeraz said:

I just completely ignored the speedruns on the first game on my first playthrough. I always take a very long time advancing the plot in games, and I did not intend to change that this time. After finishing the game, I went back and did the first chapter's speedrun. I will be doing the rest one at a time someday. That way, I enjoyed the game at my own pace, and I can focus only on finishing the chapter quickly on a second run.

That’s what I did. I did the first chapter normally. Then the speed run. Same with the second. That way it was fresh in my mind.

But after the third normal I just can’t imagine doing the speed run ever, because I was struggling with just the normal playthrough. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have only done the speedrun for the first chapter. It will probably take a while before I attempt the second one. I think it will burn me out the same way it did you. I was made to take months to finish games that other people finish in less than a week. Speedruns are the opposite of what I do. 😅

• Like 1