Hopping to Victory

So I have a question.

I've been playing CTR's online races and I use to be able to dominate a bunch of races with the use of the Sacred Fire mechanic, shortcuts, and using my items wisely to maintain fist place. For the past couple of days though, I've been seeing a lot of people hopping to maintain very fast speeds where as I would continuously power slide in a straight line

There was even one point where I shot a person with a missile but they manage to out run it just by hopping very quickly.

So my questions are:

Is there some sort of new racing technique that I am missing?

If there is, what's the difference between hopping with Sacred Fire and Power Sliding with Sacred Fire?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BrandonUltimate said:

So I have a question.

I've been playing CTR's online races and I use to be able to dominate a bunch of races with the use of the Sacred Fire mechanic, shortcuts, and using my items wisely to maintain fist place. For the past couple of days though, I've been seeing a lot of people hopping to maintain very fast speeds where as I would continuously power slide in a straight line

There was even one point where I shot a person with a missile but they manage to out run it just by hopping very quickly.

So my questions are:

Is there some sort of new racing technique that I am missing?

If there is, what's the difference between hopping with Sacred Fire and Power Sliding with Sacred Fire?

The only thing that comes to my mind is that if you hop with SF you may be going so fast that you actually gain more reserves because of the "on-air" time, but that's just a theory. I wouldn't know for sure though, seems pretty odd; I mean, this game is practically based on power sliding ?

In the original CTR you could jump over a rocket when you timed it right.

8 hours ago, BrandonUltimate said:

Are you 100% certain that they out run it because they hop or did you fired a non-juiced up rocket and they just got SF or USF to outrun the missile?

When you go off-road on most of the tracks the road will slow you down because of increased traction.. If you hop here with some reserves you could maintain your SF or USF speeds without losing speed from the traction (coco park for example).

Edited by A1rPun