How the hell do I beat the master tournaments???

1 minute ago, ToasterBunny said:

I'm having a hell of a time with the Japan Tournament. I can get 1st on three races, but with Snow Festival I can't do better than 8th place. Anyone want to partner up?

I had the same problem with Japan. I did all the others first time except Greece, which I did second, but Japan took me five tries, due to that darned last track. 

I finally did it last night - I used the Gentleman for the extra boost and the handling, and then I didn't bother trying to get the extra nitros on the track during the race, because they were what kept tempting me into crashes, and instead put all my focus onto trying to stay in the middle of the road at all times to avoid screwing up on all the little wavy bits of track. 

I still only came in third, but coming in first in the other three tracks still gave me gold overall. 

I'm dreading that track in the 109, there's a real chance it will get me eliminated ?

• 3 months later...

its pretty ridiculous even the pro events, sometimes the guy in first has sucha  huge lead, then the narrow impossible passable roads. sometimes if you save all your nitro for the finaly lap if your to far behind you wont have enough time to catch up if its a shorter track. i try to use half my nitros on the second the last lap, and then the rest on the final. but even then im sometimes one nitro short because i bump the back of the first place guy which makes me a auto 2nd. what really pisses me off is when we tie for first placce at the end and the mfker gets the win and i get second. its so much replaying im sick of it. i already did the 109 endurance and that took forever these levels are so repetitve

• 3 weeks later...

I finally beat all the master tournaments today.  It felt frustrating unfair because the opponents never have to break for curves, always have nitro when you approach them and on many courses the road is too narrwow so you don't have a chance to pass by and If you try the enemies will make crash next to the road. But somehow I managed it in the end. Greece was the hardest tournament on Master difficulty. 

I did most of them with Nano, because Gentlemen felt too slow on straight routes. 

Good luck everyone. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using the Nano and Maccina with decent results, then I read to try the Gentleman and my first thought was wow that car has no acceleration, so I tried it anyways.....Holy crap, it basically makes master tournaments easy mode, the handling is ridiculous and if you pop a turbo its go time.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 7:20 AM, Solid-Fisch said:

I don't know why people relate to this game being hard? I found it pretty easy in every mode. For the tournaments I used the Gentleman because of it's great handling and extra nitro boost. Macchina should also work.

because the ai are cheating bastards that never seem to run out of nitro and will beat you at the last second of the race, roads are so narrow when you try to pass them you hit them which launches them light years ahead of you, if you use the gentlemen car which is the best car, it has slow accelaration which means on certain tracks you can simply never catch up to the other cars. and if you use mac its the opposite and your handling is shit and your fuel runs out. also if you tie them at the end you lose. one wrong move ruins all 4 races and you have to start over which is quite annoying

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

because the ai are cheating bastards that never seem to run out of nitro and will beat you at the last second of the race, roads are so narrow when you try to pass them you hit them which launches them light years ahead of you, if you use the gentlemen car which is the best car, it has slow accelaration which means on certain tracks you can simply never catch up to the other cars. and if you use mac its the opposite and your handling is shit and your fuel runs out. also if you tie them at the end you lose. one wrong move ruins all 4 races and you have to start over which is quite annoying

You probably just suck at the game. It's really easy with the gentleman.

• 2 weeks later...

I used the dustdriver throughout the game; to me its the most balanced in stats. This car also carried me through all the tournaments. However, the way I did the master tournaments was 1) start from the end to get the more challenging tracks and my sailor words which I occasionally yell out of the way first. I eventually ran into trouble in the Greece races and started researching... Many people on this forum used the Nano which I switched and was eventually able to beat the Greece races (thank god!!! those oddly were the most challenging to me). After that for the most part easy breezes and still using the Nano

• 3 months later...

I don't think anything in this game is too challenging.

For Endurance races you can just put your save file to the USB and Cloud if you fail. The Master Tournament is probably the most difficult part of the platinum trophy, I find the Gentlemen car to be ideal due to it's high rating in nitro. Having that fourth in nitro helps tremendously.

• 1 month later...

Really easy if you do exactly that: use the Gentleman, keep your nitros until the last lap... There's no need to rush: if you're 7th when the last lap starts, you're on the way to victory. Just use the nitros wisely on that last lap, don't bump into anything, and you'll win. In Japan, if you win the first three races, which are easy if you do what I've mentioned, you can be second on the last one, which is the hardest because of the snow.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

It has been a while since I got platinum in this game, but I thought I would share my experience with the master tournaments. Like many others I just found a select few countries to cause difficulty on master tournaments, whilst the Gentleman is good it's slow acceleration can prove painful if you mess up. I also feel like it has a big hitbox which can be unhelpful when trying overtakes or going on the wide line in a corner. I stopped having trouble with Iceland, Greece and Japan once I switched to Nano which I found to handle practically just as well, didn't need the extra nitro when driving that car.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/27/2019 at 2:50 PM, Patrickosan said:

Gentleman is the answer for Masters Tournament. It has the best handling + 4 nitros. Drive carefully unstil last lap, and use all nitros in some safe places and you should overtake 1st car without any problems. I'm currently at China and didn't have  too much trouble with Gentleman. 

Yep. Almost rage quit half way through Master Tournament using Macchina. Gentleman saved my trophy run.