How is this now?

Hanzoadam

I've seen it really cheap and I just had a few questions

1- How is it now? Is it a bit more stable and patched? I know it was a mess on release.

2- Am I going to need to pump a lot of time into this? Does it become a grind fest like destiny?

3- Is it fun? From what I see it looks fun, but i know it got a lot of hate.

4- how is it to platinum?

I just recently bought it and had similar reservations so I can probably answer all these.

1. They patched it up pretty well. I've seen the occasional minor glitch but nothing major.

2. You don't need to pump a lot of time into it IMO. A great build is easy to get. A perfect build is a little more of a grind but unnecessary.

3. I like it a lot. The core gameplay is a lot of fun. The 4 playable classes all feel really unique and interesting. The loot system is pretty cool. I'm definitely enjoying it.

4. The plat is easy. There's a ton of collectibles but that's probably the biggest hurdle. Nothing inherently difficult.

Honestly, the only issue that really remains is the lack of end game. There is end game, just not a ton of it. The first major free DLC is right around the corner though so that's definitely going to help.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

I just recently bought it and had similar reservations so I can probably answer all these.

1. They patched it up pretty well. I've seen the occasional minor glitch but nothing major.

2. You don't need to pump a lot of time into it IMO. A great build is easy to get. A perfect build is a little more of a grind but unnecessary.

3. I like it a lot. The core gameplay is a lot of fun. The 4 playable classes all feel really unique and interesting. The loot system is pretty cool. I'm definitely enjoying it.

4. The plat is easy. There's a ton of collectibles but that's probably the biggest hurdle. Nothing inherently difficult.

Honestly, the only issue that really remains is the lack of end game. There is end game, just not a ton of it. The first major free DLC is right around the corner though so that's definitely going to help.

Thanks for the info buddy

I really appreciate it think I'll take the dive then thanks

• Like 2

I've just jumped into it after getting it for basically nothing. So far it just sort of feels like a less polished Destiny tbh. They seem to try to flesh out the characters around the game a bit better at least. The gameplay kinda scratches the same itch for me though. 

I haven't had a single glitch or server issue so far. The load times however are pretty tedious & I'm yet to find anyone through the matchmaking they seem to force me into. 

If I paid full price for this I'd just wish I got Destiny, but for cheap it's good fun. I have to wonder why they thought they could compete with the people behind Halo though. They clearly weren't comfortable making this game. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BlackCatBurrito said:

I've just jumped into it after getting it for basically nothing. So far it just sort of feels like a less polished Destiny tbh. They seem to try to flesh out the characters around the game a bit better at least. The gameplay kinda scratches the same itch for me though. 

I haven't had a single glitch or server issue so far. The load times however are pretty tedious & I'm yet to find anyone through the matchmaking they seem to force me into. 

If I paid full price for this I'd just wish I got Destiny, but for cheap it's good fun. I have to wonder why they thought they could compete with the people behind Halo though. They clearly weren't comfortable making this game. 

You're having trouble with matchmaking? I never had much trouble with it. I played on normal most the time though.

When you hit the end games, that's where everyone is playing. Strongholds are the major end game activity and I matchmake for those in under 5 seconds. It's nice lol. 

7 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

You're having trouble with matchmaking? I never had much trouble with it. I played on normal most the time though.

When you hit the end games, that's where everyone is playing. Strongholds are the major end game activity and I matchmake for those in under 5 seconds. It's nice lol. 

That's good to hear, as I said I've just jumped in. I didn't really expect many people around early game & hoped there'd be more around end game stuff. Could just be a region thing too. 

8 minutes ago, Gumby114 said:

Still boring. Nothing to do. Most of the promises Bungie made seem moot.. 10/10 will give you my copy for free once I platinum it. 

Bungie? :P

I will throw this out there...

Lack of endgame is an issue, without a doubt, but it was also an issue in Destiny, Destiny 2, Division, Borderlands, Warframe, Diablo 3, and just about every other game that's ever launched in the loot based genre. That's par for the course in the genre and they always pull through.

The first big dlc looks super promising right now. If the second one is even half as good, this game will be in a really good place. 

It's definitely something you have to keep in mind.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, BlackCatBurrito said:

That's good to hear, as I said I've just jumped in. I didn't really expect many people around early game & hoped there'd be more around end game stuff. Could just be a region thing too. 

Bungie? :P

Yeah my bad.... was thinking of Destiny.... Bioware is what I meant.

13 hours ago, darkb0nl_lx said:

I'm waiting your copy so 1f60b.png

Send me your address.... I'll send it this week. 

• Like 1

Game is pretty lame whatever the price. Visually pretty and the flight and combat (until it gets repetitive) is fun but the story sucks, the characters suck, the hub Fort Tarsis sucks, the mission variety sucks, the loot sucks, the tethering in groups sucks, the open world is barren and the endgame sucks. Overall, not a difficult platinum, I just have to talk myself into playing the monotonous grind that is the "endgame" in order to get myself the last few exploration and gear trophies. The collectibles are painful but doable. Maybe if you've a few friends who'll do it with you it might be a bit better.

• Like 1

It's not bad if you pick it up cheap, and looking for something mindless to play. Platinum is relatively straightforward, except for an annoying collectible trophy that partially relies on RNG/Luck. 

With that said, your time could be better spent on other, more interesting games.

Bad game or not, I’ve been thinking about getting this “game” later this year just for the trophies.

Down Under, the Legion Of Dawn Edition can be found for $19 AUD at EB Games and they’re even giving away Anthem with new PS4 Consoles just to get rid of the excess copies!

Well, that’s six years of development flushed down the shitter.

Edited by Dry

24 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

I literally just picked this up. I’m glad I came to this section. Interested to see how my experience will be playing Anthem. 

Just picked this up yesterday too and got an awesome steelbook case too. if you want we can coop the story mode. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve been told that this game (I mean to “platinum” this game), we don’t have to rely on a group like in destiny 2 raids, in which we are required to reunite 4-6 players. It’s it that true? For example, if I play the game with just one friend, am I fine to get the platinum? I don’t care if it takes longer, or it’s boring... thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english :)