ChieveMoe

*Opinion* on Faction MP

7 posts in this topic

So.. I really wanna hold off on getting these trophies because it is SUPER draining, just takes forever and my first go about playing as Hunter I failed by 100% loss challenge unknowingly and it restarted my progress on that trophy. Not to mention I havent even got the firefly trophy yet either!!! It's crazy. But my saying this is because i wanted to know if you guys think once the LOU2 comes out that they'll close out the MP faction servers? That's all i am worried about at this point because i really want to put this on the back burner honestly lol. Part of me wouldnt be too upset either if i missed out on these 2 trophies too but i just wanted to see what you guys thought on this.

Considering how the PS3 servers for The Last of Us, Uncharted 2 and 3 are only closing this September I don't think Naughty Dog will close the servers for the PS4 version while the PS4 is still going even if Part 2 comes out. Taking that into account I think they'll only close them when the PS4 is no longer being produced and Naughty will probably announce the server closure with 2 or 3 months in advance.

58 minutes ago, TugaSonic said:

Considering how the PS3 servers for The Last of Us, Uncharted 2 and 3 are only closing this September I don't think Naughty Dog will close the servers for the PS4 version while the PS4 is still going even if Part 2 comes out. Taking that into account I think they'll only close them when the PS4 is no longer being produced and Naughty will probably announce the server closure with 2 or 3 months in advance.

Thats some very assuring information lol, thank you so much Tuga!

If you are careful and follow guide strategy these trophies aren’t difficult.  I always hesistate to use the word easy when it comes to getting trophies but these one mostly take a plan and some patience to follow it. Personally I thought that TLoU MP was really enjoyable. I also think they keep the ps4 going until the ps5 comes out if not longer. 

1 hour ago, audiopile said:

If you are careful and follow guide strategy these trophies aren’t difficult.  I always hesistate to use the word easy when it comes to getting trophies but these one mostly take a plan and some patience to follow it. Personally I thought that TLoU MP was really enjoyable. I also think they keep the ps4 going until the ps5 comes out if not longer. 

So i read MORE into that guide about the MP and it's true i have been doing it wrong haha. Even this second go i have been quitting games to get a days past and havent even made sure i had at least 1 healthy survivor. Also i have been playing the challenges that arent 100% loss and have been using the Mark Enemies as my objective and now on my first 100% mission i chose Mark Enemies and the first goal of the 3 is 28 so lol... Yeah i hope i can make it to the 12 weeks. Im not good enough to do them downs i dont think.

7 hours ago, ChieveMoe said:

So i read MORE into that guide about the MP and it's true i have been doing it wrong haha. Even this second go i have been quitting games to get a days past and havent even made sure i had at least 1 healthy survivor. Also i have been playing the challenges that arent 100% loss and have been using the Mark Enemies as my objective and now on my first 100% mission i chose Mark Enemies and the first goal of the 3 is 28 so lol... Yeah i hope i can make it to the 12 weeks. Im not good enough to do them downs i dont think.

When it comes to the missions the strategy is to not do them unless it's a 100% risk mission. Just pick a mission that you find extremely difficult whenever you get a non-100% risk mission an ignore it. Then when you get a 100% risk pick a mission that you find easy and do it. For the trophies you just need to complete 12 weeks, doesn't matter the number of survivors as long as you have one alive. In fact, it's better to have a reduced number of survivors, since the lower the number the higher the changes they'll stay healthy even when you lose a match since you'll get enough supplies (unless you quit the match) for them to live.

For easy missions, I'd just do the Down (just get enemies on their knees), Executions (killing an enemy), Gifts (use the perk that allows you to create gifts by creating tools during the match) and getting downs using the weapons I use the most.

Also if you see that you'll fail or didn't progress the mission in a given match (ex: match is about to end and you didn't mark a single enemy) then close the game and the match won't count so you can retry.

If you're having trouble you can always try boosting. Get a group of 6-10 players (10 would be best so you don't have randoms appearing) and just help each other completing the 100% risk missions and complete interrogation matches by alternating wins.

It is enjoyable, especially interrogations, but man it's such a chore when you have to go through all 12 weeks TWICE. Also it's only hard at the beginning