The Max and The Impossible

Its been a long time since the last time i played, but i got the platinum using Solomon Grundy. The key is performing combos grabbing the enemies. I think you grab the enemy pressing circle. Watch a tutorial at youtube and practice. Play, lose and repeat. Thats how you do it. 

Eventually you will see patterns. For example, Superman tends to jump to start a combo, so hit him with a uppercut and grab him in the air and perform the combo. And only use the special bar to summons the arms from the ground so you have time to grab them. 

Grundy owns 3 different combos after you grab them, and each of them have different effects. I think one of them grants more defense.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tanatos_gc said:

Its been a long time since the last time i played, but i got the platinum using Solomon Grundy. The key is performing combos grabbing the enemies. I think you grab the enemy pressing circle. Watch a tutorial at youtube and practice. Play, lose and repeat. Thats how you do it. 

Eventually you will see patterns. For example, Superman tends to jump to start a combo, so hit him with a uppercut and grab him in the air and perform the combo. And only use the special bar to summons the arms from the ground so you have time to grab them. 

Grundy owns 3 different combos after you grab them, and each of them have different effects. I think one of them grants more defense.

Yeah I'm trying. I did everything else in the game. Only thing left is max and impossible. So far only able to defeat 2/10 on the max and make it to 10 people on impossible.. Been using grundy for everything.

On 7/9/2019 at 8:55 AM, GabeUnbroken said:

I have looked everywhere for any tips and I'm struggling very hard. Im using Grundy but it doesn't seem to be going well. Maybe there is a better character to use? Any help at all would be appreciated.. I'm new to injustice btw

Keep trying mate. That 42% Pain Chain combo really makes a difference and making this less troublesome. You also want to either avoid or make some enemies as your first opponents because Deathstroke, Green Lantern, Martial Manhunter, Doomsday, Flash etc. can really cause a headache in The Max and Impossible! SlimSanta94's guide and [GD] Penguin's video really helped me a lot and hoping they can help you out too. Patience and good luck my friend, you'll need it.

The video:

• 1 month later...

I recently platted the game on Vita. For me Grundy is very good for The Max. As for Impossible! I would get rekt over and over by the 11-12th fight so I switch to Doomsday. Using Doomsday I used the combo J, D3, 1,2,3, df3(sometimes amplified) doing the jump while crossing over the A.I seems to mess them up. As for Grundy and the Max would prob be easier in PM since I do things a bit differently with him. My Grundy isn’t good but was able to do The Max twice on Vita

Edited by Venomax

• 4 months later...
11 minutes ago, junioronepiece said:

I'm really stuck on The Max and Impossible!, just can't beat more than 3-4 characters, the AI is surreal and ignores my attacks. It's very frustrating. Some other tips to beat these two?

Grundy is a lifesaver for those modes because of how absurd amount of damage his Defense Chain combo offers. For The Max, I would suggest as soon as match starts try doing square square triangle combo and assuming AI blocks the attacks, immediately press O to then start Defense Chain combo. If you have enough Meter Burn bars, then do MB Swamp Hands and get close to AI. If you're 1-2 dash away then do right + X, X, Defense Chain combo (grabbed by O, down down + O (you can spam down and press O right at Grundy hits AI to floor) and then up up + O (following down down + O part, Grundy will slam AI two more times. Spam up up and hit O at the last slam). Be patient and try baiting AI to come closer to you if you don't have enough MB bar. When AI gets close, uppercut (down + triangle) and either immediately grab with O or try hitting him with square square combo while AI is in airborne and then press O. Approaching Impossible is way different than The Max as AI will behave differently. You can do down + square, X combo and then MB Swamp Hands + Defense Chain combo. You can also start combos with an uppercut but I couldn't get it work most of the time so this way was more reliable for me. You have to avoid some enemies on The Max such as Green Lantern, Lex Luthor, Deathstroke (although he's managable, he's still a cheap character), The Flash, Batgirl and either try to avoid them, or make them in your first 8 fights in Impossible. The guide also suggests avoiding Martian Manhunter but I've faced him twice once on Opponent 24 in Impossible and Opponent 9 in The Max which he is not that troublesome as long as you rely on your down + square, X bait combo and the following ones. Hope this helps you out and good luck, patience is the key.

• Like 2

Absolutely right Xxlsa-GxX, believe me, I've been trying this a lot, but no success. Anyway I gave it a pause and now I'm focusing on a boost from Uncharted 4 - DLC, after finished it, I'll return and get this straight and forth!!! And I'll return here to say that I made it! Thanks a lot!!!

• Like 1

The only advice I have for the Impossible is to use Doomsday.
Always use his Armor by pressing Circle, it will save you a lot of health.
The main combo is: (Mid-air), Down+Cross / or Sweep Down+Cross ,   Square,Triangle,Cross,   Down,Right,Cross). DO NOT METER BURN THE FINAL MOVE. Always save your Meter.
The basic concept for The Imposible is to get health back after every match, always make sure you get 55-65% health back.
Make sure in every fight you get:
Immediately after the fight starts, do a Sweep (Down+Cross) , almost everyone fell for that one and you get a piece of Meter.
25% damage combo (the combo above works)
Interacible
Transition, the above combo will always push the opponent towards the edge
Clash Or Supermove, if no clash was performed, do a Supermove instead. Either way you must do one of these.

I can't help you with the Max, because I did the Superman exploit in the original PS3 Version, that doesn't work in the Ultimate Edition.

Edited by MortalGH11
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

I will be making a video of me doing the impossible run and I will add commentary to try and explain, I got it the first try in the NA version now I will be making the EU, it shouldn’t take that much 

Edited by Atoya
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Atoya said:

I will be making a video of me doing the impossible run and I will add commentary to try and explain, I got it the first try in the NA version now I will be making the EU, it shouldn’t take that much 

Looking forward to it, which character did you use?

There is something wrong with me then, I have learned and followed all the combos from the detailed Sergen's tutorial with Solomon Grundy and I can't even pass from the 11th or 12th fight... I have been trying for hours and zero improvement... Hope your video gives me some light in what Im doing wrong...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

There is something wrong with me then, I have learned and followed all the combos from the detailed Sergen's tutorial with Solomon Grundy and I can't even pass from the 11th or 12th fight... I have been trying for hours and zero improvement... Hope your video gives me some light in what Im doing wrong...

Yeah it takes time to get used to Grundy, I had a lot problems at first canceling the down M to H, but I got used to it with time, and never give up on your run, because I had a bad start when I first did it and lost all of my first bar, but as the run continued I made up for my mistakes, I will try my best to explain it!!

it should be up in the next few days or so..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I was in the same boat as you on the PS3 version, couldn’t for the life of me beat it with Grundy. So I ended up changing strategy and beat it with Doomsday! Doomsday fit my play style better since I personally prefer rushdown and pressure in fighting games, whereas the Grundy method is much more defensive in nature. With Doom, I just knocked them down with crouching Down + X, then crossover with jumping down + X into one of two combos: square, triangle, X, shoulder charge or X, X. Then repeat and maintain pressure. RNG is also a factor too and if you can play characters that have an anti-air wake-up early on, it’ll be easier. In my successful run, Bane, Grundy, Doomsday, and Luthor were within my first ten opponents so it made it easier since I wouldn’t have to face them late. Hope this info helps, and good luck!!

Edited by JIVe_____
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, JIVe_____ said:

I was in the same boat as you on the PS3 version, couldn’t for the life of me beat it with Grundy. So I ended up changing strategy and beat it with Doomsday! Doomsday fit my play style better since I personally prefer rushdown and pressure in fighting games, whereas the Grundy method is much more defensive in nature. With Doom, I just knocked them down with crouching Down + X, then crossover with jumping down + X into one of two combos: square, triangle, X, shoulder charge or X, X. Then repeat and maintain pressure. RNG is also a factor too and if you can play characters that have an anti-air wake-up early on, it’ll be easier. In my successful run, Bane, Grundy, Doomsday, and Luthor were within my first ten opponents so it made it easier since I wouldn’t have to face them late. Hope this info helps, and good luck!!

Thanks for your answer, I tried with Doomsday too but didn't had too much luck, but to be honest just tried one or two hours with him and invested like 15 hours with Grundy... I think that maybe RNG has been my problem u_u

I wanted to write this just in case anybody would need some more tips on The Max I just beat it and I'm only missing Impossible now. I used the general Solomon Grundy combo. I faced only 1 character listed in the guide as troublesome which was Aquaman and he was at the very beginning of the Battle. The rest were very easy but some of them can be a little bit harder. These 2 were Batman and Bane, Bane I feel is a personal burden I don't feel like anybody would have difficulty fighting him but i found him to be tough for me. Batman on the other hand is much harder than the rest but not hard enough to be labeled as needed to be avoided, if you use Swamp Hands try to stay as far as you can as some of his meter burned attacks up close completely ignore Swamp Hands. Someone else is Zatana, she is not too hard but for her you want to avoid using Swamp Hands from far as she can teleport behind you and start a combo.

General Rules: I would say when against any enemy always try to keep your distance and think about whether there is a interactable  or if its safe to use Swamp Hands. Always stay away from the corner, the full string that Grundy uses covers a lot of ground and if used too much, more than twice I believe you will end up cornered, I felt very defeated as soon as any enemy had me in the corner, I would also try to avoid doing corner combos as it can get annoying to deal with the AI. Just continue to walk back but do not dash as the AI will then get more aggressive and follow you. Also follow the guides rules some characters there may be fought early like Aquaman and Lantern, but if you are using the Grundy strat avoid Deathstroke, I gave him a chance and got all the way to 9/10 and lost.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Burstawesome said:

I wanted to write this just in case anybody would need some more tips on The Max I just beat it and I'm only missing Impossible now. I used the general Solomon Grundy combo. I faced only 1 character listed in the guide as troublesome which was Aquaman and he was at the very beginning of the Battle. The rest were very easy but some of them can be a little bit harder. These 2 were Batman and Bane, Bane I feel is a personal burden I don't feel like anybody would have difficulty fighting him but i found him to be tough for me. Batman on the other hand is much harder than the rest but not hard enough to be labeled as needed to be avoided, if you use Swamp Hands try to stay as far as you can as some of his meter burned attacks up close completely ignore Swamp Hands. Someone else is Zatana, she is not too hard but for her you want to avoid using Swamp Hands from far as she can teleport behind you and start a combo.

General Rules: I would say when against any enemy always try to keep your distance and think about whether there is a interactable  or if its safe to use Swamp Hands. Always stay away from the corner, the full string that Grundy uses covers a lot of ground and if used too much, more than twice I believe you will end up cornered, I felt very defeated as soon as any enemy had me in the corner, I would also try to avoid doing corner combos as it can get annoying to deal with the AI. Just continue to walk back but do not dash as the AI will then get more aggressive and follow you. Also follow the guides rules some characters there may be fought early like Aquaman and Lantern, but if you are using the Grundy strat avoid Deathstroke, I gave him a chance and got all the way to 9/10 and lost.

Congratulations for beating The Max!

Now you might not need this piece of advice any longer, but for everyone else (since you mentioned getting stuck in the corner): If that happens to you: Do a MB grab (R2+O).

Moreover, another character that I would avoid is scorpion, this guy is a nightmare imo.

• Like 1

Just beat Impossible and got the plat.

Tips to beat it are different from The Max. You can be much more aggressive than in The Max, if you are in the corner and can transition, a naked transition without Swamp Hands can still connect unlike The Max which you had to use Swamp Hands or the AI would block. No matter what enemy you are always try to get the max number of health even on 1/24. Interactable,Win, & 20% combo should always happen, Supermove and transition may be optional later on but I urge you to do them on the early enemies. According to the guide the annoying characters are Joker,Flash, and Batman, the run where I did it on Batman was 14/24 and the rest were early 9. I would consider Green Arrow,Doomsday, and Shazam to be the most annoying characters to face. I would recommend to attempt to get them early as possible. Every time you meter burn Swamp Hands, Green Arrow can slide and hit you with a good chunk of damage without any effort. Doomsday on the other hand is definitely the hardest especially later on, I was facing him 9/24 one run and he dropped my first health bar, his armor is definitely the most annoying part as he gets free hits since you do nothing to him. Shazam can be annoying since he is very fast and his ability increases his damage so be careful how you decide to attack him( this rule works for other damage boosting characters like Superman and Bane).

General Rules: Try to get as much health as possible every round no matter what enemy. Every time you start a battle with full meter try to instantly use Swamp Hands as if it connects you will get your meter back and a free 46%. If you are going to use your Supermove try to use it early so you have time to get your meter back. I never wagered because I forgot to but it is a good way to get health back. No matter on what fight always watch the enemy's meter, if they have max meter always be careful of a Supermove, if one hits really early on in the Battle, you might need to restart, as even the dumb AI can still use it and take a lot of your health. As soon as you start a fight without max health I would suggest to start using meter a lot more, but still try to conserve for next fight.

This took me about 1 1/2 hours and 3 tries.

Edited by Burstawesome
  • Like 1

Nice tips you are dropping there guys, maybe I will have to get back and try some more hours because I really suck at this game.... I can't even get the transitions clean, everytime that I try to do the back+X I get punished... The only way is with MB Swamp Hands and I prefer to do the 43% combo than a transition, the only benefit is the 10% health but will extend the match...

I have been messing with the PS3 version too (patched) and I noticed that even if I still suck the same the characters aren't as annoying with the wagers like in the PS4 version, on PS4 after the second match of Impossible I always get a wager, but on PS3 I reached until the 9th fight and nothing... Was at least less annoying and shorter... (Edit. After playing more, they are equally annoying u_u)

Keep the tips coming guys! I want to do this someday!

Edited by DeepEyes7

Did "Impossible" on both patched versions (Was thinking on doing the PS3 version with the Vanilla disc unpatched but now I have to finish with the patched version too XD). Now go for "The Max" on both versions...

One more move that I added to my Salomon Grundy arsenal was Walking Corpse (back, forward + X), is a good move when you are cornered and can't do the MB Grab or when you need to approach safely to an enemy that isn't far away (And I use it as wake-up move if the enemy is close), is good against Bane when you need to approach him for a grab or something. Even if you are kind of unmovable with WC you are not invincible and took a little of damage so don't abuse of it on "Impossible" but I will try to use it more in "The Max" since you don't need to keep your health for the next match. A MB Walking Corpse let you continue with a grab and I suppose the Pain Chain, but never tried it.

Edited by DeepEyes7