Neocarleen

[NA] PlayStation Retro Sale | Ends 7/23 8am PT

58 posts in this topic

Interested in the Prototype bundle, worth picking up on PS4?

Posted (edited)

That's actually not a bad sale. Jak, Spyro, Crash, Prototype, Batman, Dark Souls, and Darksiders would all be great, but I already own most of those. Might do Crash, Prototype, and Batman though.

Edited by danceswithsloths

Really weird that some have PS+ prices and some not. Thinking it still might be updated.

Dang good sale but I have mostly everything in it I want already xD , maybe this is a good omen or I will eventually find something I want xD 

Indigo Prophecy and Manhunt are definitely at the top of my list for this sale. :3

Nice to see some neogeo games on sale that aren't the fighting games for once.

Man I want that Spyro and Crash bundle but don't really want to pay over $30 for it...

Backlog is too big to just throw money at it too. So will wait.

Konami Castlevania collection on sale already? Didnt that just release?

first round:

Kings Quest: The Complete Collection (ps4)

The Bards Quest: Remastered And Resnarkled (ps4)

ACA Neo Geo Burning Fight (ps4)

Fill-A-Pix: Phils Epic Adventure (ps4) (vita)

wanted double switch but not many people played it and i dare not tread into the darkness.

11 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Konami Castlevania collection on sale already? Didnt that just release?

Yep, and decent price too.

just bought the phoenix wright trilogy yesterday from the capcom sale, it was $24. now its in this sale for $20.99. 

i mean, not the biggest deal, but was wondering how troublesome dealing with customer service is? and also instead of calling if you could write them somehow? if the only option is calling forget it lol. i mean its a $3 difference base price, but it was around $5 after taxes. 

Posted (edited)

Good sale.  Nice to see some ACA games discounted.  That doesn't happen very often.   Castlevania is so tempting...

Edited by IntroPhenom

Posted (edited)

they can refund you provided you didn't play or download it.  just say you "changed your mind" on the purchase. they'll do one freebie out of goodwill not sure what happens after 2 or more if want phoenix for a cheaper price.

i had to do this myself on god of war when i thought the collection didn't offer the vita versions of the 1st and 2nd game.

Edited by lordguwa

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

Interested in the Prototype bundle, worth picking up on PS4?

for sure, well worth the price. so long as you dont mind somewhat outdated graphics. still a lot of fun to play

lots of good picks on that list; i could of sworn i bought the bioshock bundle a while back on a different profile.......but its no longer in my library so i guess i'll just get it again

Edited by Atom1cMoose

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

@Dr_Mayus Holy crap! Indigo Prophecy is on sale!

I heard of this game and loved Heavy Rain and enjoyed Detroit: Become Human.  Somehow, I did not know this got ported to PS4.

Looks quite dated but still worth playing I assume?

Posted (edited)

I've been waiting months for wipeout omega collection to go on sale. Picked it up immediately. 

Edited by Angus1343

More poop 😚👌

20 minutes ago, lordguwa said:

they can refund you provided you didn't play or download it.  just say you "changed your mind" on the purchase. they'll do one freebie out of goodwill not sure what happens after 2 or more if want phoenix for a cheaper price.

i had to do this myself on god of war when i thought the collection didn't offer the vita versions of the 1st and 2nd game.

i haven't played yet, working on another game but was thinking of jumping right in upon finishing. 

not looking for a full refund, i have heard cases where a game went on sale and then the following week said game went on cheaper, or a person paying full price for a game then it goes on sale. not sure if sony can just refund you the difference? or is the only option a full refund like you said? if that's the case wont bother, and can you contact them by writing them by any chance, or is calling the only option?

Darn, if I could redeem that 20$ code on sony rewards I would pick Crash for sure 😨

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

i haven't played yet, working on another game but was thinking of jumping right in upon finishing. 

not looking for a full refund, i have heard cases where a game went on sale and then the following week said game went on cheaper, or a person paying full price for a game then it goes on sale. not sure if sony can just refund you the difference? or is the only option a full refund like you said? if that's the case wont bother, and can you contact them by writing them by any chance, or is calling the only option?

https://support.playstation.com/s/contact-support?language=en_US

according to that web page you can call, live chat, tweet @askplaystation, or use the Playstation support forums. Personally i prefer the live chat.

Edited by danceswithsloths

Posted (edited)

49 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I heard of this game and loved Heavy Rain and enjoyed Detroit: Become Human.  Somehow, I did not know this got ported to PS4.

Looks quite dated but still worth playing I assume?

It was Quantic Dream's first cinematic/interactive drama-type game, and the first of its kind. It was groundbreaking for its time. If you like these kind of games, like Detroit: Become Human, it's cool to see the origins of the genre. But yeah, son' expect it to hold up against modern games.

But the story is the highlight. It's a paranormal thriller, like Heavy Rain with supernatural elements.

FYI, I'm just relaying what I've seen from reviews and some gameplay videos. I just bought the game myself and will be playing it for myself soon!

Edited by Neocarleen