Difficulty compared to the other games?

On 7/10/2019 at 1:49 PM, SlimSanta94 said:

They really nerfed the A.I in this game so elite difficulty is far easier than before.

That's good to know. The only thing that worries me is that now you have to elite pass the Fury campaign. I have a bad feeling that Detonator will be a pain the ass.

Upd: nope, there was no pain. It feels like PS3\Vita version of the Fury was harder on novice than PS4 version on elite.

Edited by scFlinT-us

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20.1.2020 at 7:00 PM, Angus1343 said:

I just completed the omega collection and wipeout hd back to back, and I'm surprised that I hear so many people say the ai was nerfed because it felt exactly the same to me. Of the two I'd actually say the omega collection is the harder game due to the 2048 zone events.

This makes sense since you have to do alot more in the Omega collection (2048 and Fury elite aswell). Although subjectively I found HD harder than the Omega collection since I’ve platinumed HD first. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Much harder, since you have to do much more difficult tasks. The AI is only turned down in Fury but not HD. Chengou Project is still the worst race and some time trials will also keep you busy. Beating Zico in 2048 is now harder than on the vita, Talon's Junction on phantom can be an ass, the zone battles are frustrating, the combat race in Subway is heavily luck based and the zone modes in 2048 are just brutal.

• Like 1

Omega Collection is (imo) way easier than HD & 2048, especially if you've played them before

AI really got sick easy on Omega if you compare it to HD, 2048 plays the same as the vita version, but it feels easier since u have a 'real' controller instead of the unhandy vita, 2048 Zico can be a tad harder than the vita one, but still way easier than the HD one

For the 2048 (zone) events, u just need to pick the proper ship for them, if u fail with one, try another

For the A+ (i dont remember if there's a trophy tied to it) use AG Sys racer, makes it wicked easy, whilst with any other ship u'll have a very hard time

Edited by AdruA_

On 4.4.2020 at 2:17 PM, AdruA_ said:

2048 Zico can be a tad harder than the vita one, but still way easier than the HD one

Is that really what people generally think, even without having any prior experience with the franchise?

I'm really curious.. I've never played a WipEout game before, and Zico 2048 took me ~150 laps while I beat Zico HD in 39 laps. In 2048 there are many valid racing lines and plenty of places where you can screw up, while HD is pretty much one good strategy that just needs correct execution... at least that's what I thought. 

But maybe it was easier in HD because I did 2048 first and had gotten used to the game by the time I tackled HD. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 3