How is the playerbase on PS4?

ZoutjeNL

Hi there. I was thinking about starting this game as I already played it on the PC and I want to go for the platinum. I was wondering how the playerbase is currently, is it hard to obtain gold trophies? The grind is already quite extensive, so I would prefer if I could get golds instead silver (a silver once in a while is fine) I understand this is highly skill based but the higher the player base the easyier it gets if I am not mistaken. 

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 2

Hello! :)

I obtained the platinum trophy more than one year ago on the PS4. The game is really great, but the online grinding is what destroys this fun game.

I mean, expect to play every day for two-three months. And the challenges are always the same 4 or 5 (not a great variety). I spent always 10-15 minutes for two gold cups. The only problem is that the PS4 online version is bugged (sometimes), since, the next day, you results disappear and you obtain nothing (and in this way I lost a couple of gold cups and a diamond cup during the Christmas vacations... I wrote to Ubisoft and I send the screenshots, since it was my first diamond cup, but they gave me no points...).

Good luck!

• Like 2

Since I'm currently grinding this on all 3 versions for Platinum, the PS4 version has by far the most played participating in challenges as it was a free PS+ Game some time last year or so. I play every day in the morning, approximately 5-6 hours after the challenge resets, and usually the daily challenge has anywhere from 3-4 thousand participants, and if you play closer to when it resets, you'll have a pool of about 7-8 thousand. So scoring Gold is not that hard. The Daily Extreme at its peak will probably have like 5 thousand or so participants. The weekly challenge currently has over 10 thousand participants, and theres still over 4 days until it resets. The Weekly extreme currently has like 7 thousand or so if I recall correctly. So all things considered, PS4 is by far the easiest to consistently score Gold. Hopefully this was helpful. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Phoenix_argentea said:

Hello! :)

I obtained the platinum trophy more than one year ago on the PS4. The game is really great, but the online grinding is what destroys this fun game.

I mean, expect to play every day for two-three months. And the challenges are always the same 4 or 5 (not a great variety). I spent always 10-15 minutes for two gold cups. The only problem is that the PS4 online version is bugged (sometimes), since, the next day, you results disappear and you obtain nothing (and in this way I lost a couple of gold cups and a diamond cup during the Christmas vacations... I wrote to Ubisoft and I send the screenshots, since it was my first diamond cup, but they gave me no points...).

Good luck!

Well done on the platinum! And thank you, I hope they won't bug too often that makes it even more annoying.I decided to buy it because I really enjoyed what I played so far.

19 hours ago, CristianX-97 said:

Since I'm currently grinding this on all 3 versions for Platinum, the PS4 version has by far the most played participating in challenges as it was a free PS+ Game some time last year or so. I play every day in the morning, approximately 5-6 hours after the challenge resets, and usually the daily challenge has anywhere from 3-4 thousand participants, and if you play closer to when it resets, you'll have a pool of about 7-8 thousand. So scoring Gold is not that hard. The Daily Extreme at its peak will probably have like 5 thousand or so participants. The weekly challenge currently has over 10 thousand participants, and theres still over 4 days until it resets. The Weekly extreme currently has like 7 thousand or so if I recall correctly. So all things considered, PS4 is by far the easiest to consistently score Gold. Hopefully this was helpful. 

Thank you for your detailed explanation! I decided to buy it, with the healthy player base PS4 has it should be pretty do-able altough time consuming but I don't mind. Thanks again and good luck to you getting all 3 platinums you brave man! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14-7-2019 at 0:02 AM, longasfck said:

Here we go... going to take a while.

We are just a little over 2 weeks later now and I am making nice progress. I should finish the game within the next 3 weeks or so, so it only took just a little over a month. I am going for the Diamond cups daily, usually not that difficult for me (except daily extreme which I tend to skip). 

• 1 year later...

PS3 version has few players. I spent 30 mins daily to score gold in daily and extreme daily. 

Daily: 600 - 700

Extreme Daily: 250 - 300 

Weekly: 2,800+ (maybe 3,000)

Extreme weekly: 1,000 - 1,500

If anyone interested in the PS3 version has any doubts.

Edited by Pottercito_