How bad is the grind/boosting?

Depends on what you mean ‘bad’. Like in what way? And boosting is very difficult in this game. If you’re about to start it just play it naturally. I’m on my way to platinum slowly but surely and it just helps to play the game instead of worrying about x person being in y lobby etc.

• Like 1

You can't do any trophies in private lobbies and its very tricky to match up in public matches, but  its a lot less work than Friday the 13th. This is only in terms of platinum tho, some of the DLCs have really hard trophies that requires a lot of hours even with boosting (Huntress, Legion and Pig imo).

My tips, if you want to boost it:

- Find a solid group with (at least) 3 people. Commitment its a must on this plat!

- Make sure everyone is from your country, since the game tends to match up people from the same region.

- Everyone must be at the same rank or at least in the same color range.

Another way of doing it (much harder than the above): Send msgs to the survivors/killer while everyone is still in the lobby asking if they can help you with X or Y trophy, i did a good amount of trophies this way. Not everyone will help, especially with this having one of the most toxic communities in online gaming, but a lot of people will gladly help.

PS: Soon they will implement the dedicated servers, so i don't know how this will affect boosting. Hopefully it stays the same, cuz even being tricky its still very doable.

Edited by evs_castro
adding new info.
  • Like 1

This game is far superior to F13 in every way imo - playing legit will get you most of the trophies - but there will be some you need to grind out (particularly as a killer).

I've never had a problem just group messaging everyone before the game starts and telling them that I'm just farming for a trophy and you won't kill any of them - most of them help :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keidah said:

Depends on what you mean ‘bad’. Like in what way? And boosting is very difficult in this game. If you’re about to start it just play it naturally. I’m on my way to platinum slowly but surely and it just helps to play the game instead of worrying about x person being in y lobby etc.

How much of a grind is it, how many people do you need, etc.

It (the plat and 100%) is way harder than it used to be. 

This is mainly because of the increased skill/toxicity/rate of DC when you play against survivors.

Moreover, they changed the way the "adept killer" trophies work.

There are 4 categories in which you have to score a certain amount of points, e.g. for getting the maximum amount of points in the "hooking survivors" category, you have to hook a total of 9 times as far as I remember. So imagine one of the survivors quitting the game very early, then you have to hook the other 3 guys even more often to get to the desired amount (9) of hooks.

This is just one category btw. Another one is where you have to make sure that they do not make progress in terms of generator repairing and ALL this is useless, if one of them escapes.

Long story short: you have to kill all of them, while "pipping up" twice. 

Previously it was sufficient to "just" kill all 4 survivors, which ALREADY was a pain, in particular when playing as the nurse.

Also: If you plan to 100% this game, there is one trophy where you have to kill all 4 survivors with michael myers (literally killing them with your knife, not hooking them until they die)

and people nowadays just DC when they realize that you have the perk which allows you to kill them.

So it is way harder than it used to be 1-2 years ago.

It is doable nevertheless :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:

It (the plat and 100%) is way harder than it used to be. 

This is mainly because of the increased skill/toxicity/rate of DC when you play against survivors.

Moreover, they changed the way the "adept killer" trophies work.

There are 4 categories in which you have to score a certain amount of points, e.g. for getting the maximum amount of points in the "hooking survivors" category, you have to hook a total of 9 times as far as I remember. So imagine one of the survivors quitting the game very early, then you have to hook the other 3 guys even more often to get to the desired amount (9) of hooks.

This is just one category btw. Another one is where you have to make sure that they do not make progress in terms of generator repairing and ALL this is useless, if one of them escapes.

Long story short: you have to kill all of them, while "pipping up" twice. 

Previously it was sufficient to "just" kill all 4 survivors, which ALREADY was a pain, in particular when playing as the nurse.

Also: If you plan to 100% this game, there is one trophy where you have to kill all 4 survivors with michael myers (literally killing them with your knife, not hooking them until they die)

and people nowadays just DC when they realize that you have the perk which allows you to kill them.

So it is way harder than it used to be 1-2 years ago.

It is doable nevertheless :)

How many do you need for boosting? Also is matchmaking decent for this?

13 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

You could boost with as little as 3, but would need no more than 5. The matchmaking is very populated though and most of the trophies are at odds with each other if you’re on killer/survivor. I highly, highly suggest learning both roles as it would be quicker than trying and succeeding in finding a boosted lobby.

The bonus though is if you are killer, survivors are very agreeable to boosting by simple in game actions. Hitting generators to notify survivors you’ll let them do them, finding survivors and not chasing them. This game has a boosting mentality due to the blood point economy and survivors are generally quick to agree. 

The trophies this doesn’t help with are the adept/kill trophies. These forums have several good tips about working toward those too. 

Again, I believe you’d have a quicker completion of learning both killer/survivor roles to complete than searching for your boosting partners in lobbies. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

I am about to finish Friday the 13th, how bad is this one? How many people do you need to boost?

There is a lot of grind, the hardest parts would be the adept killer trophies and the nurse trophies since she's hard to play well on console. 3 people with communication is needed for Where did they go? but the platinum is quite enjoyable if you enjoy this type of game. 

if you mean as in a "bad game" then no it's not, it's different from F13 in a better way, in F13 once you're caught you're 100% dead nothing you can do while in this game you can run around and lose the killer while also having a second chance in case you fail

if you mean how bad is the trophy list its not bad, you can do every trophy solo except for one (all 4 survivors leaving through the hatch) so you'll need 3 other players, also the game is very fun and have a good progress system unlike trashy F13

Edit: before you start the game google some tips on how to play and who to level up first (try to read newer threads as old are completely obsolete)

Edited by HaweGame

On 7/11/2019 at 3:47 PM, VoidVictorious said:

as mentioned before, you CAN NOT really boost this. you just won't find the other team period.

Even if you meet all the requirements to make it easier to find a group, it works 1 our of 300 time maybe.

All you can do is hoping for farm sessions, as a survivor or initiate a farm session as a killer which means to make sure the other random group understands what you want to do, you can iE tell them per private message but it is common in that community that ppl won't accept private messages from ppl not in the friendlist. And don't forget: if you farm: give the opponent team something to show you are thankful! give them points, let them survive or whatever they want if they decide to help you.

But F13 is a shitty game while DBD is a blast, just learn it and enjoy it, you will get to your plat if you play on a daily base

Edited by AiManiaTrophyhunting

This isn’t a game for boosting. The platinum/trophies should come organically rather than going into this game with a fully written guide and a plan from the get go. Unlike Friday the 13th you cannot boost in private matches in Dead by Daylight, everything has to be done in public matches. 

I myself only recently started this game about a month ago and I’m already 1 trophy (albeit bugged) off from the platinum and pretty deep within the DLC trophies as well. Overall I’m over 75% completed for all 122 trophies in just over a month. Some are decently difficult, others are supposed to be tremendously difficult but you can get help with these by simply “passively boosting” by messaging survivors or killers before the match starts and getting help. 

Have fun with the game and most trophies will come naturally and others will require a little bit of time to achieve. It’s grindy, but it’s fun, unlike F13. 

Matchmaking is fine, isn’t great. Depending on where you live and time of day queue times can be between a few minutes upwards of 40 minutes sometimes, especially if grouped with friends. The games active though, it’s fun and the trophies are somewhat enjoyable to obtain. 

Edited by Putrid_Bum

32 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

I posed that question too. Is it hard to match up with friends, etc. Please respond to the questions asked guys.

@whittle181

We can be two players minimum, the more if you have trophies requiring many players. I attempted in two instances to match up with a full group of survivors (I was the killer) and we couldn’t meet in the same lobby. No matter if we searched at the same time, or that I noticed them as the lobby was created, we couldn’t match up and I always had strangers instead.

As I’d say as anyone else, just play for fun and most of the trophies will come naturally. Seriously, I found it pointless to boost in this game when I could eventually unlock all of them. Why not just playing and trying until you have the hardest trophies left, before considering of boosting?

If you’re really that desperate with the few difficult trophies, send a PM or invite to a party to survivors or killer and ask for help before the match starts.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

26 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

I posed that question too. Is it hard to match up with friends, etc. Please respond to the questions asked guys.

Please fully read answers. If you see my above comment it’s literally my first statement. You wouldn’t want to try with less than 3 though the absolute minimum is 2. No more than 5. 

Edited by DanTheManGum

1 hour ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

@whittle181

We can be two players minimum, the more if you have trophies requiring many players. I attempted in two instances to match up with a full group of survivors (I was the killer) and we couldn’t meet in the same lobby. No matter if we searched at the same time, or that I noticed them as the lobby was created, we couldn’t match up and I always had strangers instead.

As I’d say as anyone else, just play for fun and most of the trophies will come naturally. Seriously, I found it pointless to boost in this game when I could eventually unlock all of them. Why not just playing and trying until you have the hardest trophies left, before considering of boosting?

If you’re really that desperate with the few difficult trophies, send a PM or invite to a party to survivors or killer and ask for help before the match starts.

Thanks, just wanted to know if the match would start if there are any less than a full lobby (which seems to be 5). So if there's 2 of you, is it possible for other players to join mid-match or 'hijack' the session after the game ends and sends you back to the lobby?

19 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

Thanks, just wanted to know if the match would start if there are any less than a full lobby (which seems to be 5). So if there's 2 of you, is it possible for other players to join mid-match or 'hijack' the session after the game ends and sends you back to the lobby?

The match won’t start until all 4 survivors and the killer are in the lobby and press ready. You cannot join friends already in a lobby or mid-match, because when a survivor is dead or disconnects, he/she’s out of the game. Everyone will return back to the menu after the game ends, meaning that in each match you meet new players.

Of course, you always get the same survivor players if you group up before searching for a match.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

It's nearly impossible to boost this. You will need 5 people from the same country and time zone for the best success. The trophies are not as hard as the look. A lot of them just take time and some luck. The trophies that you will probably need to boost are skilled huntress and where did they go?

Hopefully they change the adept killer trophies like they used to be also. Having to double pip with some killers with their unique perks is a pain due to the gen rushing that takes place in this game if you don't have ruin to slow the game down a bit in the beginning.  

Edited by ClintonLS90

24 minutes ago, hishomie1 said:

You gotta admit though, Adept Nurse on console is a nightmare

Most of them are a nightmare. It pretty much forces you to stay in the very low ranks if you want to achieve them. You will get gen rushed in the higher ranks if you don't have perks that can slow the game down a bit.

Edited by ClintonLS90

41 minutes ago, ClintonLS90 said:

Most of them are a nightmare. It pretty much forces you to stay in the very low ranks if you want to achieve them. You will get gen rushed in the higher ranks if you don't have perks that can slow the game down a bit.

Yeah true. It took me 2 days to get Adept Nurse at ranks 12-15 because people kept dcing... I also got a 4k with her but didn't double pip so :/

Finally got the plat though so hey lol.

Adept Hag wasn't too bad though imo

5 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

I guess you ignored my comment and other people comments entirely, since more than one person answered this.

As for people saying its nearly impossible or very hard to boost this, the majority of the trophies i got by matchmaking with my friends and we still do this for bloodpoints boost and new DLC trophies. Seriously, its totally boostable.

Edited by evs_castro