SweetieBelle85

Warning! Do not start from demo save!

14 posts in this topic

Square really dropped the ball on this. I started from the demo save and after a half hour of gameplay, noticed I didn't get a trophy for the slave ship tutorial segment of the game that I did in the demo. So I had to start a new game, which deletes your current save. I can easily picture someone doing this and playing hours before they realize this. What is the point of allowing us to start from our demo save after the tutorial if they didn't think to give us the trophy for the tutorial? Might as well not even give us the option to start from demo save. To make matters worse, I had already claimed my builder bonus at title screen for having a save file in the first DQB game, but now I can't claim it for my new save. I'm hoping the builder bonus is universal, so you'll still get it even if starting a new game.

 

EDIT: Some people still got the trophy from a demo save. So either the unlock is glitchy, or it unlocks at a later time such as your first time leaving the starting island. In a new game it unlocks right after the slave ship tutorial.

Edited by SweetieBelle85
new info
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SweetieBelle85 said:

ato make matters worse, I had already claimed my builder bonus at title screen for having a save file in the first DQB game, but now I can't claim it for my new save. I'm hoping the builder bonus is universal, so you'll still get it even if starting a new game.

What's the builder bonus?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

What's the builder bonus?

 

The builder bonus is a male and female headgear piece that changes your character's hair and clothes to look like the main character from the first DQB. It's not a huge deal, but since I had the fiirst game, I'd like to have the bonus we were told about before launch. I haven't progressed far enough in DQB2 to know if I'll still get the bonus despite my first DQB2 save being deleted. The main concern and why I posted the topic was because you only get 1 save file, so if someone doesn't notice they were suppose to get a trophy for the tutorial on the slave ship, they could play hours before realizing. And they can't start a new game to get it without losing their current game they spent hours on.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SweetieBelle85 said:

 

The builder bonus is a male and female headgear piece that changes your character's hair and clothes to look like the main character from the first DQB. It's not a huge deal, but since I had the fiirst game, I'd like to have the bonus we were told about before launch. I haven't progressed far enough in DQB2 to know if I'll still get the bonus despite my first DQB2 save being deleted. The main concern and why I posted the topic was because you only get 1 save file, so if someone doesn't notice they were suppose to get a trophy for the tutorial on the slave ship, they could play hours before realizing. And they can't start a new game to get it without losing their current game they spent hours on.

Didn't play the demo, but thanks. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not backup your savegame, start the tutorial (and get the trophy), overwrite the savegame with the backed up one?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you finish the game you are playing from your demo save and then go back after and do the tutorial on a new game?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NomadicSnake72 said:

Can you finish the game you are playing from your demo save and then go back after and do the tutorial on a new game?

That would still mean that the demo save is overwritten, making you lose your progress still (some don't care after finishing the game, but I would - not to mention possible DLC).

But still: with cloud or USB back-up it should be possible to maintain the demo save with all progress and get the trophy as well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured this would happen so I just started over anyway, also I realized you don't need to waste all the food items on the beach while building your base, since having 0% just makes you stumble around a bit while you farm for blocks

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, phoenix_shade said:

I figured this would happen so I just started over anyway, also I realized you don't need to waste all the food items on the beach while building your base, since having 0% just makes you stumble around a bit while you farm for blocks

good to know for the future when I pick this up

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, paveman said:

That would still mean that the demo save is overwritten, making you lose your progress still (some don't care after finishing the game, but I would - not to mention possible DLC).

But still: with cloud or USB back-up it should be possible to maintain the demo save with all progress and get the trophy as well.

Good point. I'm not a completionist so that wouldn't bother me too much and if it's as good as the hype I've seen makes it out to be then why not do another play-through? The season pass doesnt look as though any DLC is story related but I suppose those extra recipes could have trophies. I didn't play the previous game nor any other Dragon Quest come to think of it so I don't know how it works, seems strange to only have one save file available though. Also downloading the demo now, see if it's worth picking up later.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Daxterman20 said:

It gave me the Slave Ship Trophy and I resumed from Demo save.

 

That's odd. If that's true then it must be a glitchy trophy and I was just one of the unlucky ones. That or it unlocks way later than you would think it unlocks. At what point did it unlock for you? I was still on the starting island doing Lulu's missions. If it's a late unlock then that might explain it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well you get this trophy after you leave the island for the first time

Edited by Elk_mistral
sp
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 8:36 PM, Elk_mistral said:

well you get this trophy after you leave the island for the first time

 

Not in a new game you don't. In a new game it unlocks after the slave ship tutorial stuff where the demo save starts. But not sure if demo save unlock point is much later than that until someone replies to my comment above yours. EDIT: The person I quoted edited their post to say "well" instead of "will" after I replied. I replied to "will".

Edited by SweetieBelle85
the quoted person changed their comment
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.