SarpEsen

Super License S-1

12 posts in this topic

No matter how much I try, I can't get gold on this stupid test. My best time is 1.48:271 but my ghost is lost because of the server closure. I always turn tcs off but still can't do it. It's been nearly 5 years since I started this game and I just want to get the platinum and then break the disc. Can you guys please give me some tips other than "practice and you'll do it!" ?

I know it's a pain if you've done a bunch of other stuff in the game already but you should play on Patch 1.00. The Super License is ridiculously easier on it than latest patch.
When you're done with the license, install the patches and work on the rest of the game.

EDIT: I see you're almost done, grind those kilometers and finish Senna stages first and then restart with Patch 1.00 is my suggestion.

Edited by totallycrushed

26 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

I know it's a pain if you've done a bunch of other stuff in the game already but you should play on Patch 1.00. The Super License is ridiculously easier on it than latest patch.
When you're done with the license, install the patches and work on the rest of the game.

EDIT: I see you're almost done, grind those kilometers and finish Senna stages first and then restart with Patch 1.00 is my suggestion.

Thx but my disc is the anniversary edition so I guess I can't remove the patches before that but I'm not sure. Can you please confirm this?

Anniversary edition is the same as the standard version disc-wise. Anniversary edition contents were on a code so you should be able to get to 1.00

1 minute ago, totallycrushed said:

Anniversary edition is the same as the standard version disc-wise. Anniversary edition contents were on a code so you should be able to get to 1.00

Ok. I will try S-1 S-4 and S-5 for a week more and then check. Thx btw.

No problem. For the Senna golds if you don't have them, turn the traction control off for the F3 event and for the 98T events turn it to 2 or 3.
It'll take a long while to tame that turbo beast that is the Lotus but it's possible, even on a controller. 98T on Brands Hatch is the toughest one.

2 hours ago, totallycrushed said:

No problem. For the Senna golds if you don't have them, turn the traction control off for the F3 event and for the 98T events turn it to 2 or 3.
It'll take a long while to tame that turbo beast that is the Lotus but it's possible, even on a controller. 98T on Brands Hatch is the toughest one.

I won't probably even consider the Senna golds because I have been stuck on the second one for ages. I only care about the platinum now. I have one more question. Are only the time limits different between the patches for the s license or is the driving easier too?

Thx in advance.

Don't lose hope!

From what I remember the times were more lenient. Especially on the Toyota GT86 test and the Bugatti test and I'm pretty sure the cars handle and accelerate, brake etc. way better on the old patches. I remember losing my mind on the Super Licenses and then decided to test out if playing on an old patch made them easier and it sure did. It should only take a couple of tries to complete all of them on 1.00

On 12.07.2019 at 6:02 PM, totallycrushed said:

Don't lose hope!

From what I remember the times were more lenient. Especially on the Toyota GT86 test and the Bugatti test and I'm pretty sure the cars handle and accelerate, brake etc. way better on the old patches. I remember losing my mind on the Super Licenses and then decided to test out if playing on an old patch made them easier and it sure did. It should only take a couple of tries to complete all of them on 1.00

Oh god, I finally did it!! Thank you very much bro, the s license is much much easier on patch 1.00. I'm very relieved now because this was the only game on my profile that I couldn't platinum. Thx again...

Wow thanks for this advice! I'm grinding these kilometers and I'll give it a try too :)

On 12/07/2019 at 11:02 AM, totallycrushed said:

Don't lose hope!

I just went back on V 1.00 after completing every other trophy. I have lost almost all of my progress, it appears that I am back to where my progress was when V1.00 was updated a few years ago. I was wondering if there is a way to load back my actual progress and stay on V1.00? Otherwise I will need to race a lot to unlock super licence tests...

13 hours ago, MarcancooL said:

I just went back on V 1.00 after completing every other trophy. I have lost almost all of my progress, it appears that I am back to where my progress was when V1.00 was updated a few years ago. I was wondering if there is a way to load back my actual progress and stay on V1.00? Otherwise I will need to race a lot to unlock super licence tests...

It's not that much you have to do to unlock S-Licenses but yes. If you use 1.00 trick, you can't use your save made on a newer patch.