Solid-Fisch

Other methods boosting up to rank 50 besides Score Attack Chapter 4.1

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm just curious if there is any other way boosting rank 50 besides playing chapter 4.1 over and over again in score attack mode. I'm rank 28 now but it's so super boring to play this level again and again. Since Multiplayer is basically dead except a few people that drop by from time to time, there seems to be no other way. I already got all the online trophies + dlc aswell, only missing the trophies for all weapons (rank 40) and rank 50. Would it go faster with a boosting group if you play a specific mode online? I'm really tired of repeating the score attack method. Any tips welcome, volunteers as well. Would set up a session in that case. But first i'd like to know if there is a better method?

Edited by Solid-Fisch
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4.1 is the fastest method for XP. Any other method would be less efficient.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

I'm just curious if there is any other way boosting rank 50 besides playing chapter 4.1 over and over again in score attack mode. I'm rank 28 now but it's so super boring to play this level again and again. Since Multiplayer is basically dead except a few people that drop by from time to time, there seems to be no other way. I already got all the online trophies + dlc aswell, only missing the trophies for all weapons (rank 40) and rank 50. Would it go faster with a boosting group if you play a specific mode online? I'm really tired of repeating the score attack method. Any tips welcome, volunteers as well. Would set up a session in that case. But first i'd like to know if there is a better method?

If you want my advice don't do Score Attack, do it on NYM while listening to podcasts or something, that's what I did, you have more room for error that way, it also is more pleasing to the eyes in my opinion doesn't have all these things popping up etc.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

If you want my advice don't do Score Attack, do it on NYM while listening to podcasts or something, that's what I did, you have more room for error that way, it also is more pleasing to the eyes in my opinion doesn't have all these things popping up etc.

NYM counts XP as well? 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

NYM counts XP as well? 

Yeah that's how I got to level 50 try it out I think you'll find it less tedious, way easier to get a plat medal

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can replay NYM several times to practice it and then farm exp off that. Highly recommend practicing the boat/dock stages and the last 3 stages over and over again. Favela isn't that bad imo, just be aware of the glitch.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you guys say about this method? 

 

(Online) Turbo Controller way to Rank Up :
I have tried for the past few days to find a solution to boost myself while I was sleeping/out of the house and found that if you are playing Payne Killer and let you Turbo Controller on ''A'' , you will finish last and earn 150 EXP every 10 minutes. yes, I know it's not alot but for now it's seems pretty good if you are doing something else. For example, if you sleeping for 8 hours , it's 6,000 EXP a day and if you're doing this a whole week , it's 42,000 EXP. This is only for the people who wants to level up as fast as possible and wants to risk leaving theirs xbox open for a long time. At your own risk.
*If you don't have a turbo controller and you don't move for 3-5 minutes the game will kick you *

 

I found this on this page, last post: https://www.trueachievements.com/a164240/training-complete-achievement

I have a turbo controller.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

What do you guys say about this method? 

 

(Online) Turbo Controller way to Rank Up :
I have tried for the past few days to find a solution to boost myself while I was sleeping/out of the house and found that if you are playing Payne Killer and let you Turbo Controller on ''A'' , you will finish last and earn 150 EXP every 10 minutes. yes, I know it's not alot but for now it's seems pretty good if you are doing something else. For example, if you sleeping for 8 hours , it's 6,000 EXP a day and if you're doing this a whole week , it's 42,000 EXP. This is only for the people who wants to level up as fast as possible and wants to risk leaving theirs xbox open for a long time. At your own risk.
*If you don't have a turbo controller and you don't move for 3-5 minutes the game will kick you *

 

I found this on this page, last post: https://www.trueachievements.com/a164240/training-complete-achievement

I have a turbo controller.

 

Guess it depends on how much XP you need to reach 50. If you need to do this for months, it's probably a waste of time for your system. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And setting up a specific match with a group of boosters, what would be the most effective one to play? Do XP get counted when setting up private match or has it to be public?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, closertim said:

Are you getting sick of the warm cup of milk and a blow job line? 

"So what am I, the button pusher?" 😄

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the online for this game active enough that the other online trophies can be gotten naturally? I want to pick this game up since it seems really cool and I loved the first 2 (Plus NYMHC seems like a fun challenge), but I'm worried I'll get locked out of the multiplayer trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Solarus755 said:

Is the online for this game active enough that the other online trophies can be gotten naturally? I want to pick this game up since it seems really cool and I loved the first 2 (Plus NYMHC seems like a fun challenge), but I'm worried I'll get locked out of the multiplayer trophies.

No it's pretty dead imo. I think it's impossible now to get the MP trophies naturally. But I saw there are boosting sessions here on psnp. Not many, though.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

No it's pretty dead imo. I think it's impossible now to get the MP trophies naturally. But I saw there are boosting sessions here on psnp. Not many, though.

Oh wow, that's unfortunate to hear. Is it difficult to get into a game in general? (Like <10 people online at a time)? Or is it more limited for just a small number of trophies that I could finish in a boosting session in a few minutes?

 

I hate when really interesting looking single player games have a heavy multiplayer component that ruins the trophy list.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Solarus755 said:

Oh wow, that's unfortunate to hear. Is it difficult to get into a game in general? (Like <10 people online at a time)? Or is it more limited for just a small number of trophies that I could finish in a boosting session in a few minutes?

 

I hate when really interesting looking single player games have a heavy multiplayer component that ruins the trophy list.

I tried to get into a game the last two days and never found a person. Few months ago me and two friends found an active group, but they were mostly highly skilled and overpowered and destroyed us. The usual hardcore gamer thing that can be found on a few games with multiplayer like MOH, COD and co. you know...   Let me say that I didn't tried it for longer than 3 minutes the last two days but basically I'd say these servers are empty. You can start some games with just 1 more person I think, but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe someone else here can confirm this or get more into details. If I remember correctly, there was at least one of the dlc trophies that required you +4 more players to obtain it (only by boosting, of course). You can defiantly not get all the MP related trophies in one session. I tell you getting to rank 50 is a damn grind that already took me like at least 15 hours or so and I'm just halfway there. Singleplayer is also very hard, don't know if I'll ever obtain 100%. But I like the challenge. About the fun of playing the game I've to say it had it's moments but all in all I did not fall in love with it. Normally a huge fan of games from Rockstar, but this one was kinda too depressing for me, but that's just personal taste plus I've never played Max Payne 1 or 2. But it wasn't a bad game neither. Does this help?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of multiplayer modes in Max Payne 3 are dead, but you can find FFA/Deathmatches full lobbies on weekends, that's how I got my last DLC trophy for levelling up my M4 to level 10. As for base game online trophies goes, yeah, they can be done in one session (The other two trophies being the self-boosting to level 50). DLC trophies are no go though, you need like two sessions or more to set up everything right since it's so many variables for those trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just watched youtube/movies while grinding chapter 4.1 over and over. 

It actually didnt feel that long. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/07/2019 at 9:27 AM, Solid-Fisch said:

I'm just curious if there is any other way boosting rank 50 besides playing chapter 4.1 over and over again in score attack mode. I'm rank 28 now but it's so super boring to play this level again and again. Since Multiplayer is basically dead except a few people that drop by from time to time, there seems to be no other way. I already got all the online trophies + dlc aswell, only missing the trophies for all weapons (rank 40) and rank 50. Would it go faster with a boosting group if you play a specific mode online? I'm really tired of repeating the score attack method. Any tips welcome, volunteers as well. Would set up a session in that case. But first i'd like to know if there is a better method?

As boring as it sounds replaying that chapter is the most efficient way to do it. You'll be able to do the mission so fast that you'll get it down to like 2 minutes or less per run. You might fall asleep like I did a couple of times but just occupy yourself with something else while doing it and it'll go by super quick. Also as a side note I'm not sure if this is for everyone but the level 40 trophy popped for me when I reached level 40 while doing the chapter runs but once I reached level 50 I had to actually join an online match for the trophy to pop.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When i replay the Chapter, is it ok to press "retry" or do do i have to press "continue" and watch another loading screen ? :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

When i replay the Chapter, is it ok to press "retry" or do do i have to press "continue" and watch another loading screen ? :D

You can press :square: and it will count your points even if it's not showing your progress. By the way I'm almost there now :D Rank 48, only have to repeat the level 46 times. With roughly 3 Minutes for each run this means only 2.5 hours. In the end I have to admit it wasn't that hard, compared to other boosts. Music and youtube made it bearable.

Edited by Solid-Fisch
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Solid-Fisch thanks for the info :)

 

So how long does it take to get to 50 ? I'm at level 18 now ^^

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

@Solid-Fisch thanks for the info :)

 

So how long does it take to get to 50 ? I'm at level 18 now ^^

 

Looooooooooong time. In your case, you can say roughly 30 hours replaying chp. 4.1 over and over again. Maybe a bit more.

 

But for me it's now time for a warm milk and a blowjob because I'M RANK 50 FINALLY!🎉:) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm level 36, how far am I from the warm milk and blow job?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LupusLance34 said:

I'm level 36, how far am I from the warm milk and blow job?

Roughly 15 hours of playing chp. 4.1 all over again, when you always achieve the platinum medal, but that's super easy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.