“Deliver The Bandages” Bike Challenge.

Anxiety

6 hours ago, Kuzigari_ said:

There's a ring(Gear) that let's you conserve fuel when in the air. Since you're In the air for like 98% of the challenge you save a lot of fuel with the ring. I don't think there's any other way to get fuel other than that.

You can get fuel from the tow trucks but their isn’t any point, I didn’t know about the ring until later on. 

Finally got it with a Score of 85,925

Global as of now 199

This Score is good enough for me.

I swear the bike mechanics are terrible, it's just like sledding to get the Dogged Rider Trophy on Final Fantasy XV. You really have to memorize the lay of the map and make sure you land straight, easiest way is release R2 while airborne. You have to also know where all the ramps are in the path you're taking and not miss one. I got Gold in 3 of 4 Sub-Challenges and Silver on Airtime, made it to the finish line in 2:34, just barely. Also you can get a boost in the beginning, when the countdown hits 1 hold down R2 and X. 

My only advice is, if you're having problems, you have to practice and just get good.

Edit: Just noticed I didn't even have GEAR Ring (airtime conserves fuel) equipped because I was upgrading other rings earlier, forgot to re-equip. But I did have SNAKE (drifting on your bike repairs it) equipped. 

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dalailama1989 said:

Also got my Gold earlier - 85.495 points. Pretty satisfied with it. 3/4 sub-challenges Gold along the way :)

Looking forward to the next Bike Challenges

Really good run! I got 86,449 with it!

It takes a lot of practice though, you can’t mess up at all, I reached the line exactly at 2:35 :D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nitemares----- said:

I swear the bike mechanics are terrible, it's just like sledding to get the Dogged Rider Trophy on Final Fantasy XV. You really have to memorize the lay of the map and make sure you land straight, easiest way is release R2 while airborne. You have to also know where all the ramps are in the path you're taking and not miss one. I got Gold in 3 of 4 Sub-Challenges and Silver on Airtime, made it to the finish line in 2:34, just barely. 

Just like I said before.... this mode highlights everything wrong with the game.

• Like 3

Finally managed to get the gold medal and also gold in 3 out of the 4 sub challenges. Took me 4 hours, way longer than I was expecting and ended up with 86.866 ranking 200.

As said by the others the bike control are terrible, a tiny rock can make you fall, the camera doesnt follow where you are turning fast enought so its easy to miss a ramp you were sure you are going to get. The invisible walls around cars and trees can drive you mad, is best to just never go to close to anything.

And the lag spikes, ohhh Jesus, the lag spikes. You have to get used to the places that have have frame drops so you dont miss ramps, hit trees or enemies. On the third ambulance, near the horde and the big jump in the snow area, three places that cut the frames in half, always at the same spot, its infuriating.

Spoiler

APTQmyZ.jpg

Edited by Montyzu
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, JungleCat20 said:

I hope you’re right because fighting three hordes would be better than four.

Once I got used to training the zombies like you did in the good old days of Call Of Duty Zombies, I found the horde to be very fun. But whatever Studio Bend gives us ill be happy with.

13 hours ago, JungleCat20 said:

I hope you’re right because fighting three hordes would be better than four.

We will fight 4.

4 Horde

4 Combat

4 Races

= 12 weeks

It seems it doesn't have an order and we'll have combat #2 next week, I thought it would follow the release order and be a horde but oh well.

32 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

We will fight 4.

4 Horde

4 Combat

4 Races

= 12 weeks

It seems it doesn't have an order and we'll have combat #2 next week, I thought it would follow the release order and be a horde but oh well.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking. It also matches up with the three sets of four rings you can buy. The bottom four being for the bike. I'm alright with combat #2 being next.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

To get the gold trophy for Air time, what rings does everyone use and have equipped please? 

For Air Time, I just circled around jumping ramps, some more than once to save time. I think the rings I had were the "drifting repairs bike" and the one for conserving fuel.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

To get the gold trophy for Air time, what rings does everyone use and have equipped please? 

I used drift repair bike and nitro reduce damage taken so you can nitro before landing, in a good run you bike shouldnt even smoke

Edited by Montyzu

7 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

Can someone please remind me how to slide again? Is it the same as drifting without holding down that button? thanks

Sliding is the same as drifting but if you mean how I slip and slide everywhere I’m pressing O every time I turn instead of holding it down.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I can’t seem to get every single slide though in order to get that trophy to pop. Is there something that I missing? 

Hold R2, hold the stick right or left or go a bit to one side and change to another, tap O.

Edit: every time you change direction you have to tap O again.

Edited by Montyzu
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

For sliding? Not drifting. It’s not working 

Sliding and drifting is pretty much the same.

Simply lose the rear by pressing O and keep the bike in balance in order to get sliding points. As Anxiety and Montyzu said, when you change direction, briefly press O to lose the rear as much as you can. Also, try to keep the speed up, seems like it's not really efficient to drift when speed is low. Look around 55 sec on the video i posted earlier, it's a good exemple of sliding. Speed, balance... and that's pretty much it !