One-Shots - Far Cry 5 (& The Art of Saying Nothing)

SonicMTD

I enjoyed Far Cry 5 much more than Far Cry 4 but believe they could have done so much more in the overarching storyline especially given the current political climate in ‘Merica.  Far Cry 3 is still my favorite. 

Good video/review even though I disagree with your take.  Then again, I love the Far Cry series, I can get lost in the world/environment just enjoying miscellaneous tasks.  

I do agree MP is atrocious but that is not really part of the experience.  

I found myself playing my first Assassin’s Creed game recently and given how clunky the controls are (my dude was trying to parkour everywhere even when simply trying to escape and move around) and how archaic the missions felt (especially the stealth ones), I found myself wanting to play a Far Cry instead.

You seem to care a lot of story and in that front I find Ubisoft seems to come up short more times than not.

anyway, good stuff.

• Like 1

@djb5f Wooooooooo!

In all seriousness, I tend to avoid a lot of first person shooters. I’m usually a third person adventure/rhythm game kinda guy but Far Cry 3 latched onto me.

I have been unsuccessfully trying to enjoy Ubisoft games but I just can’t anymore. This was the straw that broke the camels back. 

I care a great deal for story and have also do voice acting as a hobby. I can put up with clunky gameplay if there is emotional investment/a great story.

Games have the potential to be interactive films but only in the hands of those who know what they’re doing.

Glad you enjoyed my work, even if you didn’t agree with it. :3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonicMTD said:

@djb5f Wooooooooo!

In all seriousness, I tend to avoid a lot of first person shooters. I’m usually a third person adventure/rhythm game kinda guy but Far Cry 3 latched onto me.

I have been unsuccessfully trying to enjoy Ubisoft games but I just can’t anymore. This was the straw that broke the camels back. 

I care a great deal for story and have also do voice acting as a hobby. I can put up with clunky gameplay if there is emotional investment/a great story.

Games have the potential to be interactive films but only in the hands of those who know what they’re doing.

Glad you enjoyed my work, even if you didn’t agree with it. :3

You are definitely a natural at delivering videos.  Quite a talent that many don’t have.  Trust me, I can tune out pretty quickly if a video/review does not flow well but yours had me interested for sure.  I can see how you do voice acting.

I imagine you have done these for other games, if so, I will definitely check out your channel.

And I agreed with much of what you said, I am just fond of this series, but they missed an opportunity to take it up a level.

• Like 1