Physical or Digital?

Keefie_G

I try to get physical copies when possible, but I'm also a collector. This is partly the reason why I actually own physical and digital copies of several games (got digital long ago, cheaper and later got lucky to find a physical copy and got it, although usually quite more expensive than what I paid for the digital version). 

Said that, physical copies are somewhat rare and usually expensive, but at the same time, sales on psn are starting to be rare too, so, the price is high either way :(

I think you should really just check what you want and see what's cheaper and go with it, or just see if the physical version exists and if the price difference is worth going for it or not. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

I bought every game digital as it's cheaper and i don't care about collecting discs, they just need space in my room and collect dust. Also it's easier to switch around games on the go, i wouldn't carry around more than 1 disc but i can install several games on my Memory Card...

Just one example on the price: for my last birthday i asked some friends for a copy of Zero Escape The Nonary Games which would cost 50€ on psn and 70€ on amazon, but a few days after my birthday there was a sale on psn and i bought it for 12,50€ :D

• Like 2

Really depends. Having games instantly is pretty nice. But, it may cheaper do to physical depending on the types of games you'll be playing. Some games are more expensive on the store and occasionally go on sale (or never at all). I do digital for digital only games but some I try to get a physical copy of purely so I can re-sell it later and break even. Example - I bought PlayStation Vita Pets for around $12 (think it is $20 on the store) then sold it when I finished and even made a few cents extra. But there are games I won't get rid of like World of Final Fantasy (which I don't plan on selling unless I get rid of my Vita completely). I say buy based on what is cheaper and if you would want to sell it later.

• Like 1

My account is Japanese and I like playing games in Japanese, but living in the UK to save on import costs and the high cost of physicals, I prefer digital. I do have a lot of physical games from that I bought second cheaply when I lived in Japan, but after moving back to the UK its all been digital for me, unless one of my friends goes to Japan. Just last month one of my Japanese friends who lives here now went to Japan for a bit, so I asked her to get me a few physical games which I bought on Amazon jp cheap second hand and had them shipped to her address, so she gave them to me after she came back. 

Digital almost exclusively on PlayStation. The last physical Vita game I bought was the Jak and Daxter collection on release day, so that was over 6 years ago at this point. I came to the realization after that it wasn't worth it to maintain physical collections of games.

Digital games are far cheaper, there is a wider selection, they last longer, they can't be lost or damaged, your home looks tidier without them and they take up just as much space on your hard drive/memory card. The only time I buy physical games now are on the rare occasion that I find them cheaper then their digital counterparts.

I still buy physical Switch games though but that is only because the Nintendo eshop is terrible.

Edited by DaikichiKawachi

I always go physical if it can as it is far cheaper, but physical VITA games can be hard to get unfortunately, or just were never released physically.

11 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Digital almost exclusively on PlayStation. The last physical Vita game I bought was the Jak and Daxter collection on release day, so that was over 6 years ago at this point. I came to the realization after that it wasn't worth it to maintain physical collections of games.

Digital games are far cheaper, there is a wider selection, they last longer, they can't be lost or damaged, your home looks tidier without them and they take up just as much space on your hard drive/memory card. The only time I buy physical games now are on the rare occasion that I find them cheaper then their digital counterparts.

I still buy physical Switch games though but that is only because the Nintendo eshop is terrible.

How are digital games far cheaper? Usually it's the opposite, and that's not even accounting for resale/trade in, which means I never pay more than £10 per game net.

Alas, this isn't easy on VITA.

It really depends, most of my PlayStation Vita collection is digital because I mean its a portable console and having a big digital library of games on the Vita makes sense. PS+ really helped build my games library very quick. 

However I do also collect certain physical copies but mainly for games that are delisted like Epic Mickey 2 you can't download it anymore. Or rare or limited release games but either way its up to you. 

I would say start building your digital library and when your memory card fills up go physical copies thats what I did. This way you amass plenty of games all in one place. Also a very warm welcome to VITA ISLAND!!! 

www.play-asia.com

And Reef Outlet on eBay are the best place to buy physical Vita games :)

I collect games and buy physical when I can. That said, the vast majority of my Vita collection is digital simply because the games are often so much cheaper. Especially RPGs. 

I own most of the Lego games physical, some imports, and a handful of others. Aside from that my collection is mostly digital. 

Edited by Joker-Kun890

Retail all the way and on every other console BUT the vita ones are really, really expensive. If you plan to play many different games you have to go digital, otherwise you can't afford it. Steins Gate for instance costs 45€ on Amazon Germany - Used! The digital version costs 19.99€ and around 6€ when on sale. Unfortunately this is the case for most vita games. So just buy a Vita memory card (which is also really expensive) and buy most of the stuff in the PSN.

Of the 14 games I've played on my Vita so far only two (FIFA 15 and Resistance: Burning Skies) have been physical copies one of which was a present.

The Vita has had fantastically cheap deals in the past for it's digital library so I haven't minded going mainly digital with it as opposed to my PS3/PS4.