Is it just me or the game is very challenging even on easy?

I have to admit i underestimate this game.

I am quite ok at action platformer and i found this game very challenging.

Combat is like Dark Souls for some reason. I expected button mashing but this when combine with unresponsive control is bad.

Level design is cheap and no checkpoint at all...

Somewhat cant believe i have to drop the platinum because i cant get past level 2. The level is frustrating.

// End complaining ?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, FielVeredus said:

I have to admit i underestimate this game.

I am quite ok at action platformer and i found this game very challenging.

Combat is like Dark Souls for some reason. I expected button mashing but this when combine with unresponsive control is bad.

Level design is cheap and no checkpoint at all...

Somewhat cant believe i have to drop the platinum because i cant get past level 2. The level is frustrating.

// End complaining 1f602.png

Yes. I found this harder than I thought too. Got it stuck at 60% completion for now.

Edited by Wikkibur
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah level 2 is unbelievably tough - I don't think I can even get to the 2nd boss.

/edit: got it fairly quickly after posting this (of course). The platforming was killing me, just have to slow down a bit. Just over 2 hrs to plat.

Edited by Cthulu-72
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 8/7/2019 at 0:05 AM, Cthulu-72 said:

Yeah level 2 is unbelievably tough - I don't think I can even get to the 2nd boss.

/edit: got it fairly quickly after posting this (of course). The platforming was killing me, just have to slow down a bit. Just over 2 hrs to plat.

Yeah, that last section of platforming starting from the moving platform over the fire that goes into the next screen was ridiculous.  Third stage wasn't too bad getting to the boss thankfully. 

There's only 4 stages, with stage 4 being a boss fight split between several platforming sections.  I didn't bother once I got to the third boss and the plat popped though.  Frustrating enough just getting there.  Glad the game only cost me $.33 with the free psn credit I had left over from sony rewards points I redeemed a while ago.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I also though it was pretty hard for a game 88% of people have platinumed. I actually went online to see if there was some cheat or exploit that people were using. I'm on level 3 and I've gotten pretty far into it but no boss yet. Sometimes you get "gamer's block" and have to quit and come back later and everything seems much easier. This has happened to me with many games. Can't get past something, quit, come back the next day, and beat it in one go.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't find this one hard myself but more annoying that sometimes the control for attacking i swear just ignores your inputs. They preferably should've out in some sort of visual cue if their going to combos with a chance of stumbling. It's not like games with Dark Souls where you have a Stamina meter to watch.

As you get past the first boss though games gets much easier with the dodge mechanic you just ignore combos on most enemies (since majority of the fights in the game are 1 on 1) attack,dodge repeat for better consistency. The sword throw after level 2 boss makes the game so cheaply easy. Since most enemies don't advance until you hit a certain spot on the screen you can throw your sword at them from across and kill them within a couple throws usually before they even reach or attack you.

If you wanna complete it, start on hard mode. That way you have all abilities and the best ability to use is throwing your sword as that reaches the far end of the screen so you can kill enemies from further away. You can also call it back as soon as you throw it making it easier and faster to complete each section.

But know this, with actions come consequences. If you happen to die on hard mode, you’ll have to start from scratch which can be annoying but if you take your time and are good enough, you can make it.

Hard mode is definitely easier than normal as you don’t need to waste time timing your attacks. Anyways good luck!

• Like 1