Surrounded Roof Trick Patched

Nitemares-----

2 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

I figured they would do that as a soon as word got out. That sucks. Glad that it worked before so I could get the gold trophy. However, I still need to get the 999 freaker ears >.<

Why would you need the 999 freaker ears? You want all gold just because you want it?

I find Surrounded so hard, it makes me not want play this game any more. They should have left the rooftop trick alone. People like me, who suck, will never be able to unlock everything now. I've tried for hours and can barely get bronze. It just not fun anymore.

Edited by johnr283
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, johnr283 said:

I find Surrounded so hard, it makes me not want play this game any more. They should have left the rooftop trick alone. People like me, who suck, will never be able to unlock everything now. I've tried for hours and can barely get bronze. It just not fun anymore.

Nobody is entitled to unlock everything in a game just because they want to. I appreciate the spike in difficulty because it’ll make it more fun and rewarding going for the 100%, but to each their own.

I’m glad that they removed it; even though I haven’t started the mode yet, it’ll make it feel like it was actually earned instead of just cheesed.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, NoiizeR- said:

Why would you need the 999 freaker ears? You want all gold just because you want it?

It’s required to get gold in the sub-challenge which allows you to upgrade your character using the rings or buy character skins etc.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JungleCat20 said:

It’s required to get gold in the sub-challenge which allows you to upgrade your character using the rings or buy character skins etc.

I guess it's ok to skip a few and can still afford everything, just that one is pretty crazy. But GL on getting it

16 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

I figured they would do that as a soon as word got out. That sucks. Glad that it worked before so I could get the gold trophy. However, I still need to get the 999 freaker ears >.<

It can be done, I did it without the roof. Just do the same path around the map and keep shooting/throwing grenades.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JungleCat20 said:

I just hope that we don't need gold on all subchallenges to 100% the game.  I don't want to even look at that horde ever again.

I can defo do the challenges but meh, to lazy.  Roll on #4.

16 hours ago, NoiizeR- said:

Because I want the gold trophy. It helps to lvl up rings etc as mentioned above. I am pretty sure the founder's rank will require almost all gold in almost every sub mission. If not all. And I agree with the other comments. The camera angle is God awful on the bike challenge. And that Horde was terrible. I got gold without the roof trick but I do wish they would have left it alone. Some players are not as advanced or skilled as others. They need to keep this in mind.

Edited by sealightbreeze
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

I just hope that we don't need gold on all subchallenges to 100% the game.  I don't want to even look at that horde ever again.

I can defo do the challenges but meh, to lazy.  Roll on #4.

I agree 100%. Even though I managed to get gold in everything so far, it's very tedious and I wonder when my luck will run out.

• Like 3

It's extremely frustrating. And honestly, it gets old fast. I still need the Gold rank in the marauder one (along with the head shots) and now I still need the gold rank on the bike one (along with the 40 air time) They should focus on making these more fun. They also need to fix the controls

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

Because I want the gold trophy. It helps to lvl up rings etc as mentioned above. I am pretty sure the founder's rank will require almost all gold in almost every sub mission. If not all. And I agree with the other comments. The camera angle is God awful on the bike challenge. And that Horde was terrible. I got gold without the roof trick but I do wish they would have left it alone. Some players are not as advanced or skilled as others. They need to keep this in mind.

I'm the same way, because I want all gold haha. But I got a gold on Surrounded just barely, without the roof trick on 1 of my runs, the roof just makes it easier. I've got Gold on all 3 Challenges and Gold on all 12 Sub-Challenges, I really could care less about Global Rank. The funnest one is the Survive Challenge, the other 2 not so much.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, johnr283 said:

omg sorry man but isn't it the point to have to earn it for doing something hard?  I mean it sounds like you want a participation reward for sucking at it.  Your words not mine.  It's one of those things where if you keep doing the same thing you're going to get the same results.  You need to try a variety of different approaches to this challenge and see what works best for you.   I haven't completed it yet but I'm probably going to come back to this game at a later dat because I really don't want to play through the 60 hour story again right now. 

• Like 1

Surrounded so hard

10 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

these challenges could be alot funner if they didnt make them so idiotic. the horde could be great if you actually had any stamina to run. most the time you try to pick up something you dont and die. you run and gun, run out of stamina, get killed by someone behind you. the motorcycle driving is god awfull they put you in the worst spot with tree stumps and hoping you line up with every ramp that you cant see coming up that seems to be placed directly under a hill that you can pass up. they are extremely annoying. the funnest part i did find was using the rooftop glitch and that was it. even challenge 2 fighting the people would be fun if you could just do what you want, but you have to sit there forever and headshot everyone. just a really bunk whack dlc that could be great but isnt

This is my point. I don't mind a hard challenge. But all of them so far could be much better. The flaws you mentioned are what makes them hard. Even if I get better the flaws will still be there. 

I guess I'll keep trying. I do want that gold medal.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:01 PM, sealightbreeze said:

Did they change the camera angle controls? Because before the update it was working better and now it’s all messed up 

They patched the game so you can't do the rooftop glitch anymore.