Surrounded Roof Trick Patched

Nitemares-----

On 23/07/2019 at 10:07 AM, Bearded_Jay said:

Surrounded is now so easy if you managed to get gold on 4th challenge.

That +3 bullet penetration is cheated like crazy ! I went back to surrounded to try it out with the new bonuses, did 550k first try + all sub challenges.

No need for Roof trick, at all ! 1f605.png

Hello, Patches work in the challenge mode?

Thx

Just now, MsieurSeb said:

Ok, but how do we select them?

Thx

They are always available as soon as you unlocked them. It does not work like rings that you have to chose. Patches are always available for your character, that's why first challenges are way easier than they used to be ?

2 hours ago, reiner- said:

This "rooftop glitch" was used in a challenge?

Does this challenge need to be completed for the :platinum: or for 100% completion?

For 100%. Not required for Platinum.

And you can of course finish the challenge without the glitch. Ton of videos out there that give hints.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Bone_666 said:

For 100%. Not required for Platinum.

And you can of course finish the challenge without the glitch. Ton of videos out there that give hints.

Awesome. Good to know.

Completionists will be horrified but the :platinum: is all I'm after. 

• Like 1

Glad they patched the roof glitch.  Exploit whatever.  It wasn't their vision for you to sit on a roof surrounded, it was to strategically move, use tactics, traps.  Its like an ATM not being up to code, and since you're wise enough to exploit it, even though you know it's 'probably not what they intended for said experience / service.'  It was a cheat.  It's like the node Glitch Dead Space 2.  You didn't beat hard to the core how you were supposed to.  You cheesed it.   No way around it.  I call bullshit when i see it.  I'm glad they releaded these challenges.  All the trophy completionist bholes severely puckered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SilkyJay86 said:

Glad they patched the roof glitch.  Exploit whatever.  It wasn't their vision for you to sit on a roof surrounded, it was to strategically move, use tactics, traps.  Its like an ATM not being up to code, and since you're wise enough to exploit it, even though you know it's 'probably not what they intended for said experience / service.'  It was a cheat.  It's like the node Glitch Dead Space 2.  You didn't beat hard to the core how you were supposed to.  You cheesed it.   No way around it.  I call bullshit when i see it.  I'm glad they releaded these challenges.  All the trophy completionist bholes severely puckered.

....there was a glitch that made dead space 2 easier? Goddamit

• Like 1

Yeah i didn't know about it after platn it.  It was one of my favorite game modes I've played.  Really fun and intense spacing out three saves.     You could make your guy super Op around ch.3 with dup'n the nodes in some drawn out, redonkulous process... which you can level up you rig/guns/character to there max. Cowardly in my opinion.  But thats me.    Tbh this trophy H2tc brought my attention to trophies in general, and the interesting modes and crazy challenges they put forth. I would have never ever tried beating a game in 3 saves if it wasn't a challenge or trophy within the game.  One of the reasons I was crazy enough to Max Payne 3 it down the line.  Trophies are trophies,  I like stuff like Hard to the core (ds2) even beat ds3 legit without dying, and I absolutely LOVED The Evil Withins Akumu mode.  So damn fun.  The shadows rushed me, damn do I wish I could rewatch my final chapter in the airport.  Soo many close calls there.   Beautiful games, and their challenges where clearly that.  Challenges.  Not participation trophies.. :)   

• 1 year later...

There is another roof glitch that is NOT patched. For anyone still struggling with that gold medal...

Credits go to the russian guy who found it: 

It may take a couple tries but it's definitely doable. Keep up the multiplier when going crazy with explodables and stuff. And try to stick to the right side of the roof... You can fall down while aiming on the left side.

• Like 1

Yep, I used that glitch from video above and it worked fine. The only downside is that it's kinda wonky to move there.

Also you have to keep an eye out on zombies, so they won't get up on the roof. Keep your multiplier high, wait for bigger groups and you should be fine.

To be honest, this was the hardest challenge for me, even with a glitch. The rest is pretty easy.

It baffles me that people are still actively looking for exploits & glitches to make these easier when they were already pretty easy to begin with.

The only challenges that were actually difficult were the bike ones because of the janky bike controls & terrible collision detection when you land from big jumps which always had a high chance of throwing you off your bike or making you lose control despite actually having to use the jumps for the Gold time as they were the fastest route.

On 31.1.2021 at 0:58 PM, ObsceneSociopath said:

It baffles me that people are still actively looking for exploits & glitches to make these easier when they were already pretty easy to begin with.

The only challenges that were actually difficult were the bike ones because of the janky bike controls & terrible collision detection when you land from big jumps which always had a high chance of throwing you off your bike or making you lose control despite actually having to use the jumps for the Gold time as they were the fastest route.

I found it by accident while searching for a video with a decent "route" to tackle that challenge and thought I'd share it. There are still 11 more challenges you'd have to do legit and they are objectively NOT easy. Most people don't care about the challenges at all and simply want the 100% and this will help them get one of them easier.

• 1 month later...
On 31/01/2021 at 11:58 AM, ObsceneSociopath said:

I was convinced the bike was glitched but it turns out the physics are quite realistic. You have to try and land on both wheels and keep the wheel pointing in the direction the bikes momentum is taking you in for a smooth landing.

I did have issues with collision detection on a couple of the ramps where the bike would act like I hit the side of the ramp even though I went straight through the middle of it but this only amounts two or three restarts out of the 100 or so ?

Edited by JediKnight_327