PS4 constantly overheating

xITSBROWNIE

• 3 weeks later...

Is it sittinh flat?   Make sure it has room to breathe.  Put a few books, games, whatever, on on the left and right edges creating a bridge.  That way air can flow out from underneath, and through.  It's all about how you place it, and where.   Hope your Ps4's cool.

45 minutes ago, SilkyJay86 said:

Is it sittinh flat?   Make sure it has room to breathe.  Put a few books, games, whatever, on on the left and right edges creating a bridge.  That way air can flow out from underneath, and through.  It's all about how you place it, and where.   Hope your Ps4's cool.

You should treat your books and games with more respect. Build your bridge with wood from the local lumberyard or hardware store.

• Like 1

Well...are you gaming in a hot room? I got that message recently more than a few times but my room temp had gone as high as in the 90°s F this summer, and playing the games that push the ps4 a bit harder, expect that sony chipset to hit over 100°F easily. Also if your system is old, it doesnt help either that the thermal paste is probably caking up.

Cleaning the inside helps but if your room is already warm to hot, itll just take in the warm hot air and heat up that chip faster.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 11:06 PM, AuroraHistoire said:

You should treat your books and games with more respect. Build your bridge with wood from the local lumberyard or hardware store.

Hahaaa.  I'm not sure every gamer is going to head to his local lumberyard to stifle his ps4 overheating problem.  I only use my BEST games to prop it up.  My games have whispered in my third ear that they feel no offense.   Calm your sugar panties down.   Lumber..  Lol.  I don't know who's idea is more weird and I'm WEIRD.   The general message I was trying to convey was not to lay it flat.  G'day ma'am.  

Edited by SilkyJay86
  • Like 1