Sony should force developers......

maormaor13

What about “no platinum trophy for those games”? Gosh, games like this on PS3 weren’t worth a Platinum trophy. Ducktales was such a pain to get 100% or even Giana Sisters is an hardcore game and no Platinum as reward. A simple bronze trophy for each <1%, including completing the game without dying and collecting everything for a high score. Now a simply “Die in a certain way” is worth a Gold trophy -_- 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

then rata wouldn't be able to sell their quick 5 minute plat games

Well yhea, it's their business model. They release 1 game per week, on Switch, Xbox, PSVita and PS4. They make some sales, then on to the next easy game.

It's the way they make money. On the PS4 their target audience is 100% trophy hunters, Xbox too. 

On the switch they sell good too, but no trophies there. So I guess people like the games too, even without trophies attached to them.

I agree that their games should be a bit more of a challenge. For instance the way Sometimes You and Lightwood Games publish games. They usually take a bit longer to complete. 

• Like 2

Sony should force developers themself...... to make sure every game has just ONE worldwide trophylist.

But stacks makes Sony more money than no stacks. Case closed!

If you've ever been in contact with Support. Last activity = Last purchase

Sony don't care about the trophy side of gaming, just the money. They are a business after all.

Once you stack you can't go back!!!

• Like 2

Maybe or tell the devs who make games to better their trophies and also make them stop hearing out the people who don't play games too.

I am fine with hard trophies and so on but spending hours and hours playing online to get a trophy is a waste of time. I mean I hardly think someone out there got the red faction online done normally without boosting and so on. if so they must of had just that game by itself

Edited by KANERKB

9 hours ago, El Duderino said:

Why? So that you feel better about your full-assed hardcore games? Live and let live, mate. Nobody's forcing you to even pay attention to those games.

Abundance of the thing devalues the thing.

• Like 1

There have been a few rata published games you have to finish for the plat: Back in 1995, I & Me, I Am The Hero, Access Denied, STAY, 36 Fragments of Midnight, Midnight Deluxe, Super Destronaut DX: Intruders Edition, Inksplosion, Squareboy VS Bullies... See, already there are quite a few and I haven't even played them all yet.

• Like 1

Developers could add a trophy to complete their game without skipping 99% of content like you can do in many VNs :P  @maormaor13

But at least most games that have cheats to be activated disable trophies... or using mods voids trophies too but that's a good decision then? :D 

18 minutes ago, Nitro said:

There have been a few rata published games you have to finish for the plat: Midnight Deluxe

You only need to complete 40 levels of 70 in that game :P 

2 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Developers could add a trophy to complete their game without skipping 99% of content like you can do in many VNs :P  @maormaor13

But at least most games that have cheats to be activated disable trophies... or using mods voids trophies too but that's a good decision then? :D 

You only need to complete 40 levels of 70 in that game :P 

Welp, that's only one game in that list :P

I think this is a bad idea.

HOWEVER, I got stuck on a boss on Undertale on Vita near the end of the game, but I'd already got the platinum so I decided to take a break and come back later. Almost two years later, I still haven't completed it or see any ending. If there was a trophy for the ending I guarantee I'd have finished that game by now...

So I can see in a way how this would be a good thing.

WOW. I just checked out someones trophy profile.

816 platinums and only 19 ultra rare trophies, that's a record which I would have thought to be impossible. There was me thinking 250 ultra rare was not very high.

Edited by DaivRules
Don’t point out others for griefing
  • Like 2

I don't like the idea of forcing certain trophy requirements that developers have to implement BUT if they are going to force anything trophy related, please let it be trophies that actually work, nothing worse then a glitched trophy that never gets fixed.

EDIT: Didnt read the thread and see that @x7eight and @Elvick_ made pretty much the same point, making my response meaningless.

Edited by Orphioon
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, maormaor13 said:

I don’t care about easy plats, just about plats that can be obtained without finishing the game.

This seems like a really weird place to draw a line in the sand. Is it really that important to you that platinum seekers should be forced to play an EZPZ game for 25 minutes instead of 20? That people playing Undertale should have to play it for 5 hours instead of 4?

Sony requires trophy support for all non-demo games. That's all they're ever going to do.

1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

If Sony did both of the following things it would vastly improve things, and it wouldn't really add any extra work on their part:

• Require all platforms and regions be tied to one single trophy list
  • Require more bronze trophies than silver, and more silver trophies than gold, and cap number of gold trophies for a base game at 4.

That was the routine in the ps3 era, but somewhere along the road it got vanished.

But people here missed my point, I don’t complain about regions and platforms, only about the idea to obtain a platinum without finish the game.

If the game is one hour long then so be it, that for the players to decide to buy or not.

Edited by maormaor13

12 minutes ago, maormaor13 said:

That was the routine in the ps3 era, but somewhere along the road it got vanished.

But people here missed my point, I don’t complain about regions and platforms, only about the idea to obtain a platinum without finish the game.

If the game is one hour long then so be it, that for the players to decide to buy or not.

They had a fix for that back in the PS3 era as well, if the game didn't have enough content to warrant a platinum trophy, it got designated a trophy list without a platinum - Somewhere this generation it appears Sony said "screw it" when it comes to that as well. :facepalm: 

13 minutes ago, maormaor13 said:

It was loose on PS3 as well. 

How do you define “finish the game” for all genres and games and then make it a distinct thing that can be examined and measured?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

It was loose on PS3 as well. 

How do you define “finish the game” for all genres and games and then make it a distinct thing that can be examined and measured?

Reach the credits, Simple as that.

Edited by maormaor13