Sony should force developers......

maormaor13

18 minutes ago, Arcesus7 said:

But why stacking? What's the point?

Trophies are nothing else but instruments to strengthen customer loyalty and increase sales. That's why they've been created for in the first place. For no other reasons. Reward systems like this play with and partially abuse the human psyche and mankind's past as hunter-gatherers. It's primal instincts here. Nothing else.

Edited by El Duderino

2 minutes ago, maormaor13 said:

It seems my thread have gone to other problems related to the trophy system.

I simply wanted to discuss about trophy lists that doesn’t require you to finish the game.

People are basically just pissed that players with less ambitions can now easily ramp up their platinum count. I'd call that reverse jealousy.

2 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

People are basically just pissed that players with less ambitions can now easily ramp up their platinum count. I'd call that reverse jealousy.

That for the players to decide, I am a trophy whore myself.

But the way I see this, the basic thing to earn a platinum should be finishing the game, even if the game is 30 minutes long.

I didn’t know people will round up here with such anger about other problems related to the whole trophy system.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

No one here is jealous of someone who has hundreds of those garbage ass 5 min platinums on their profile. Why would anyone be jealous of something anybody can do? Quality>Quantity

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, maormaor13 said:

But the way I see this, the basic thing to earn a platinum should be finishing the game, even if the game is 30 minutes long.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there are games that cannot be finished in the traditional sense. Sports games for example. They never end.

3 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

No one here is jealous of someone who has hundreds of those garbage ass 5 min platinums on their profile. Why would anyone be jealous of something anybody can do? Quality>Quantity

You totally right about that, this is more related to money thing rather than skill.

I only play in my 24/7 store that I own with my brother, I never play in my home because my wife and kids, so sadly for me I only complete one or two triple a games a month.

5 hours ago, Nitro said:

There have been a few rata published games you have to finish for the plat: Back in 1995, I & Me, I Am The Hero, Access Denied, STAY, 36 Fragments of Midnight, Midnight Deluxe, Super Destronaut DX: Intruders Edition, Inksplosion, Squareboy VS Bullies... See, already there are quite a few and I haven't even played them all yet.

I still have shivers when STAY is mentioned. Puzzles for the sake of puzzles no one understand, maybe the developer, but I'm sure he smash the keyboard and called that the solution. And the most unlikable protagonist ever made, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a self insert.

9 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

That's nonsense. The leaderboards only reflect the numbers. You've spent 1000 hours to finish TES Online? Well, guess what? Others earned dozens of platinums during that time and greatly surpassed you because of that. By the way, it's reversed jealousy. Not just jealousy.

Edited by El Duderino

1 minute ago, El Duderino said:

That's nonsense. The leaderboards only reflect the numbers. You've spent 1000 hours to finish TES Online? Well, guess what? Other earned dozens of platinums during that time and greatly surpassed you because of that. By the way, it's reversed jealousy. Not just jealousy.

Both of you kinda right.

But I am leaning toward your side because playing a game more than 20-30 hours become ridiculously boring.

28 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

Trophies are nothing else but instruments to strengthen customer loyalty and increase sales. That's why they've been created for in the first place. For no other reasons. Reward systems like this play with and partially abuse the human psyche and mankind's past as hunter-gatherers. It's primal instincts here. Nothing else.

Absolutely! But there is a difference between establishing a system that "rewards" certain actions in games, and a marketing strategy based on exploiting the addiction that comes with said rewards. 

17 minutes ago, maormaor13 said:

I didn’t know people will round up here with such anger about other problems related to the whole trophy system.

But all those things are related, aren't they? The reason why those games have trophy lists that don't require to finish them is the same reason why those games come with 6 stacks a piece: The easy plat is the main selling point. 

9 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

That's nonsense. The leaderboards only reflect the numbers. 

Not everyone cares about leaderboards, though. One can be pissed about a predatory practice without being affected directly.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nitro said:

There have been a few rata published games you have to finish for the plat: Back in 1995, I & Me, I Am The Hero, Access Denied, STAY, 36 Fragments of Midnight, Midnight Deluxe, Super Destronaut DX: Intruders Edition, Inksplosion, Squareboy VS Bullies... See, already there are quite a few and I haven't even played them all yet.

Blasting Agent has to be beaten twice, even.

1 minute ago, Arcesus7 said:

Absolutely! But there is a difference between establishing a system that "rewards" certain actions in games, and a marketing strategy based on exploiting the addiction that comes with said rewards.

No difference at all. Ratta-tat-tat just make the most of it. The real question is: Why didn't this happen before? Were Sony's policies regarding trophies stricter before?

12 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

That's nonsense. The leaderboards only reflect the numbers. You've spent 1000 hours to finish TES Online? Well, guess what? Others earned dozens of platinums during that time and greatly surpassed you because of that. By the way, it's reversed jealousy. Not just jealousy.

How is that nonsense? Lol the leaderboards on this site are a joke because of all these type of games and yes anyone that has tes online plat is so much more impressive than someone that has hundreds of 5 min easy plats. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Milktastrophe said:

Blasting Agent has to be beaten twice, even.

That was the best RATA game ever.

That is my point, imagine you only have to play the first 3 levels and earn the plat?

5 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

How is that nonsense? Lol the leaderboards on this site are a joke because of all these type of games and yes anyone that has tes online plat is so much more impressive than someone that has hundreds of 5 min easy plats. 

You kinda right and I wish my wife allow me to play more at home ?

But come on man, playing the same game more than 30 hours is depressing as hell.

3 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Impressive or not, they all have the same value towards your trophy level.

I think this whole debate is hilarious and ridiculous at the same time. Ten years ago, self-proclaimed elite trophy hunters were bitching about the first really easy platinums. Games like Hannah Montana, Terminator Salvation, or Megamind became synonymous for those kinda players that just never gave a flying fuck about their reputation and just wanted to increase their platinum count. As of 2019, nothing has changed. Even if you get the platinums for TES Online, Super Meat Boy or Half-Life 3, you won't get anything from it in real life. Imagine a job interview: "I've got my diploma, an M.D., and I beat motherfucking Zico. Now gimme that job, will ya?!" Well, one could at least try that... :D

2 hours ago, maormaor13 said:

That was the best RATA game ever.

That is my point, imagine you only have to play the first 3 levels and earn the plat?

You kinda right and I wish my wife allow me to play more at home 1f915.png

But come on man, playing the same game more than 30 hours is depressing as hell.

You’re so addicted to trophies that it has warped you to where you can’t play long games without wanting a platinum. In no way shape or form is playing a game for more than 30 hours depressing. I prefer all $60 games to be at least 30+ hours of gameplay. 

2 hours ago, El Duderino said:

Impressive or not, they all have the same value towards your trophy level.

I think this whole debate is hilarious and ridiculous at the same time. Ten years ago, self-proclaimed elite trophy hunters were bitching about the first really easy platinums. Games like Hannah Montana, Terminator Salvation, or Megamind became synonymous for those kinda players that just never gave a flying fuck about their reputation and just wanted to increase their platinum count. As of 2019, nothing has changed. Even if you get the platinums for TES Online, Super Meat Boy or Half-Life 3, you won't get anything from it in real life. Imagine a job interview: "I've got my diploma, an M.D., and I beat motherfucking Zico. Now gimme that job, will ya?!" Well, one could at least try that... :D

What does any of that have to do with anything? Obviously they are worthless outside of this site but that doesn’t cover up the fact that all these games you are defending are garbage and shouldn’t have platinums or even be allowed to exist in the first place.

Edited by rolltideroll157
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

You’re so addicted to trophies that it has warped you to were you can’t play long games without wanting a platinum. In no way shape or form is plying a game for more than 30 hours depressing. I prefer all $60 games to be at least 30+ hours of gameplay. 

When you have kids you will understand.

I simply don’t have time rather than 3-4 hours at night in my shop.

If I turn on my ps3 or ps4 at home my wife will throw a shoe toward me ?

That is why I can’t play very very long games.

Edited by maormaor13

2 hours ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

?????? Where was that said?

Just a question, it’s okay. 

2 hours ago, maormaor13 said:

No man, it results in obtaining a trophy which is a must for obtaining the plat :)

And Federer just lost :( 

Easy solution then. In Game Menu > Watch Credits = Bronze trophy for watching credits, still pop platinum in minutes. 

• Like 1

I really don't think it matters anymore with the flood of rata stacks in the past 3 months, along with other easy quick platinums adding Asian stacks like powgi and sometimes you games. You have to be a bit delusional to think that they matter anymore. It's almost as if there are now two types of easy platinums, ones that "count", and then the rata stacks which honestly have become a joke.

• Like 1