Sony should force developers......

maormaor13

3 hours ago, ShadowAsek said:

One thing Sony should force devs is putting :platinum: in EVERY game. Now, game like Drowning has :platinum:, but for example Resident Evil 4 hasn't.

If anything we need less plats no more. The ps4 era has made platinums lose all their value, to the point where I'm not even impressed when I see a guy with 200-300 plats nowadays, for all I know they could all be shovelware garbage (most of the time that's the case) with no skill involved just pay to plat. Indie games should not get a plat, with some minor exceptions, that's how it was back in the day, Pain, Tokyo Jungle, Fat Princess, When Vikings Attack, they don't have a plat for a reason, it's because Sony valued plats. Now they are discontinuing their own Sony Rewards program in November because of the mess they created due to their greed and letting the pay to plat get out of hand.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

If anything we need less plats no more. The ps4 era has made platinums lose all their value, to the point where I'm not even impressed when I see a guy with 200-300 plats nowadays, for all I know they could all be shovelware garbage (most of the time that's the case) with no skill involved just pay to plat. Indie games should not get a plat, with some minor exceptions, that's how it was back in the day, Pain, Tokyo Jungle, Fat Princess, When Vikings Attack, they don't have a plat for a reason, it's because Sony valued plats. Now they are discontinuing their own Sony Rewards program in November because of the mess they created due to their greed and letting the pay to plat get out of hand.

To be perfectly honest, I don't think I was ever impressed with someone with 200-300 platinums, even in the old days.  It was more of an indicator of spending a ridiculous (and probably unhealthy) amount of time on gaming and perhaps not enough other hobbies/interests.  Sunlight is good :) 

3 hours ago, ShadowAsek said:

One thing Sony should force devs is putting :platinum: in EVERY game. Now, game like Drowning has :platinum:, but for example Resident Evil 4 hasn't.

The biggest 'injustice' in the trophy system to me is Resident Evil 4 not getting a full trophy list with a platinum especially as not only was it released twice but physically as well.
Even though i'm enjoying it a game like Inksplosion should not have more trophies than Resident Evil 4.

Edited by Martain2

On 14/07/2019 at 9:36 PM, El Duderino said:

That's nonsense. The leaderboards only reflect the numbers. You've spent 1000 hours to finish TES Online? Well, guess what? Others earned dozens of platinums during that time and greatly surpassed you because of that. By the way, it's reversed jealousy. Not just jealousy.

On the other hand, when i see first post guy trophy profile, with over 800 platinums, and only 19 Ultra Rare trophies, and only 131 Rare ... I really don't feel like my profile is worst than his even if I have 4 times less plats Ôô

Looks like he goes to the end of games when there is no trophy for it, but all the games which needs to finish it to get a troph (with lowest rarity obviously), he doesnt care anymore :P

5 hours ago, panikooooos said:

If anything we need less plats no more.

Agreed. 

Anyway, getting back to the OP, I agree with the sentiment, but as many other people said here, it's not like it will fix the problem. Like the OP, I too have enjoyed some Ratalaika games, but even I'm sick of their antics now. I'll never tell others how to spend their money or their time, but I have no interest in purchasing even their good games if they can't bother to have a trophy for finishing them.

• Like 2

On 17.7.2019 at 5:24 PM, seblegamer said:

On the other hand, when i see first post guy trophy profile, with over 800 platinums, and only 19 Ultra Rare trophies, and only 131 Rare ... I really don't feel like my profile is worst than his even if I have 4 times less plats Ôô

Looks like he goes to the end of games when there is no trophy for it, but all the games which needs to finish it to get a troph (with lowest rarity obviously), he doesnt care anymore :P

Oh well, for me trophy hunting is just a time booster at work, I never play during my free time.

I had my time before I got married, now with the kids it’s impossible to play at home and during work I can’t play long games since I have customers entering my shop every minute.

When I see trophy hunters who have 4 ps4’s and they plat the same game 4 times at the same time using the one controller method, that's really bad.

Edited by maormaor13

On 7/13/2019 at 11:44 PM, German_Atheist said:

Why? So that you feel better about your full-assed hardcore games? Live and let live, mate. Nobody's forcing you to even pay attention to those games.

You say that like I'm trying to insult people for playing cheap novelty games for platinums. I'm not. I just think it's kind of dumb for there to be games out there made almost solely to make a quick buck off of trophy hunters. One game was actually removed (or had to be relisted or something) for being marketed as a "lol get a plat in 5 minutes" type of game. Is any of this a big deal in the grand scheme of things? Of course not, but I guess I'll keep enjoying my "full-assed hardcore games" and not give my opinion on this god-awful Forum again.

• Like 1

The way i see it is you earn a platinum for a game after earning all the other trophies for a game no mater how big or small the game is. After all XBOX players don't get any thing for completing a game's achievement  list  so we cant complain to much. That being said i think all games should launch with a plat

On 7/17/2019 at 6:46 AM, panikooooos said:

I’m playing through Mega Man 10 and it is a non-platinum. Doesn’t even have a gold trophy. To put the icing on the cake, beating Hard difficulty gives you a bronze, and the so called ‘Mr Perfect’ gives you a silver. 

I have more respect for people who get games like this done over people who just did some easy stacks, or play an easy AAA game.

There is already multiple factors as to why so many people skip games that don’t have platinums. I’m sick of people saying they skip games because they don’t have a platinum. Just look at how people reacted to HITMAN 2. 

Sonic Mania was a good game and a nice tribute to the old Sonic SEGA Genesis classics and that still didn’t stop people from saying ‘it has no platinum’. 

The whole system is fucked up. Trophy values mean nothing anymore. 

On 7/17/2019 at 7:07 AM, djb5f said:

To be perfectly honest, I don't think I was ever impressed with someone with 200-300 platinums, even in the old days.  It was more of an indicator of spending a ridiculous (and probably unhealthy) amount of time on gaming and perhaps not enough other hobbies/interests.  Sunlight is good :) 

As a former Xbox Achievement hunter I don’t think I ever saw someone with 200 - 300 platinums back in 2008 - 2012. But starting with Sound Shapes we were getting stacked games worth multiple platinums. 

By 2016 the trophy whoring was out in full force. Now in addition to Ratalalika Games having SIX stacks for most of their games we have gotten shameless remaster after remaster of the same games. 

I have 32 games on my profile that are simply stacks, and that is nothing compared to what I’ve seen on many other profiles. 

200 - 300 platinums on their own doesn’t mean shit anymore. It’s about the quality of the games and how much you enjoy them. 

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1