Getting people to join sessions

According to the site rules, you can't advertise in the forums but IMO that would be a positive way to announce upcoming sessions for those less popular games. Times and days vary since this is a world-wide site...times that are good for me are probably not good for you, etc...I would suggest starting conversation threads in the particular game sub-forum (as you did here) to generate interest and then you can take the conversation private to see who might be interested in a gaming session.

Image result for you can lead a horse to water meme

Personally, I believe there should be a stickied thread in EVERY game subcategory for posted game session advertisements. Not everybody just goes looking on the game sessions page to see if someone wants to do a group session. However, I'm pretty sure that people do go looking through the sub-forums looking for information...

Usually having a set time (Don't put "ignore time and date") that both American and European players can join. Also make good session notes that make it appear you've got a plan for what to do. I usually avoid sessions that look like the host is just throwing something together and won't be able to come up with a time and date anytime soon.

And while we don't typically allow threads that just say "Join my session: LINK" you can make a status update about it, post about it in the PSNProfiles PS4 community (Which is surprisingly still really active), message recent players in the game that don't have the trophy yet on PSN messages, among other things. Sometimes if it's an older or more obscure game it may just take time to find people.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Usually having a set time (Don't put "ignore time and date") that both American and European players can join. Also make good session notes that make it appear you've got a plan for what to do. I usually avoid sessions that look like the host is just throwing something together and won't be able to come up with a time and date anytime soon.

And while we don't typically allow threads that just say "Join my session: LINK" you can make a status update about it, post about it in the PSNProfiles PS4 community (Which is surprisingly still really active), message recent players in the game that don't have the trophy yet on PSN messages, among other things. Sometimes if it's an older or more obscure game it may just take time to find people.

Thanks for the tips! Please keep them coming!

8 minutes ago, VoidVictory said:

Thanks for the tips! Please keep them coming!

Might take a little more work than posting and waiting, but you can look at the trophy list for recent players that aren’t 100% yet and if they’re fairly frequent forum users, PM them about the session to see if they’re interested. 

• Like 2