G_B0mb--8

Uncharted 2 makes ps3 turn off on itself

9 posts in this topic

Anyone else having this problem too? Every single time I do a few matches in multi-player, the console decides to turn off by itself. It can't be the console, because I played U3's multi-player for a month and nothing like this happened to me. Anyone with a solution would be very helpful

Edited by G_B0mb--8

It happened to me as well on 2015 with my old ps3. Although i played without a problem on 2012. When i returned to it my ps3 was overheating and shut down after 10-15 minutes.

Funny thing i could play GTA V for 10 hours without an issue but my ps3 couldn't manage UC2 and Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus.

I ended up getting a new ps3

I has had this problem with Last of Us on a Fat PS3, but could play others games without problems. Even brought the console to service and they said everything looks very good and there is no problem. I have switched to Slim lately and have no problems since.

There is an option in the main menu that let's me stop the console from turning itself off. Won't that damage the system over time? 

8 minutes ago, G_B0mb--8 said:

Are you sure? It must turn off for a reason

That option is more to help prevent burn-in on your TV, than it is to help the console so disabling it will have zero effect on the PS3 itself.

I think it's something to do with the hard drive and game compatibility for phat PS3s. Was it a WD drive by any chance?

Sounds like you are headed for the dreaded YLOD.