What do you do for a living?

NMD1

I am fully retired now, but I was a Commercial Graphic Designer specializing in Corporate Business Identities as well as product package design. I also performed photographic repair for museums, historical societies and insurance companies (fire/water/environmental damaged photos).

I also wrote about advanced PhotoShop techniques as well was a Tier 3 BETA tester for Adobe PhotoShop and Illustrator.

For additional income, I also wrote articles for various Astronomy sites and Silent Film/Classic Horror Film sites.

In our spare time, the wife and I used to operate a Reptile Rescue and used to breed high-end snakes.

• Like 3

Well, im too young to have a real job, but just accepted a job offer from an older friend to design websites. But this requires skills in image editing. So now i have to give apple all of my hard earned cash. But im liking it so far.

It's not as good as any of the ones you posted, but ill get there. ^_^

• Like 1

A few months ago it would've been unemployed and job hunting (post-graduation)... or working at a local grocery store and going to college (pre-graduation, obviously).

For the moment however I am putting my education to good use. I'm a junior MS Access developer. Creating and maintaining databases, requiring regular use of SQL and Visual Basic. Makin' shit for the users, adding features/fixing problems they run into.

Though I'd like to be coding more entertaining things than business applications someday (might need to do that sort of thing in my free time), this is exactly what I wanted to get into. My whole life I wanted to be the guy on this end, making the software that people use rather than being the person using software and being helpless if I run into bugs. I love releasing feature updates, patches, bug fixes. Getting feedback and making my/others databases better, faster, more efficient. Making peoples lives/jobs easier. :)

People are so amazed when something doesn't work, they ask me to fix it, and magically it works again. :P

• Like 1

1. go to school

2. play drums and sometimes mess with my keyboard

3. chat with friends

im at home on my free time about 30% of the time (out of the 168 hours of the week, not including sleep), and sometimes that's filled up with homework and other things i need to get done. :)

• Like 1

For the last 10 years I've been a freelance web producer who owns and operates a web design, web hosting and web marketing business. For the previous 5 years, I was a front-end web developer and production manager at a number of web design studios and advertising agencies.

I'm the guy who gathers client requirements, writes proposals, budgets, project plans & production schedules, creates specification documents, wireframes & prototypes, then project manages other freelance designers and developers to get websites built to spec. I then manage and maintain those sites for my clients and run SEO, PPC, email marketing and social media campaigns to ensure they're getting a return on their investment.

It's stressful, time-consuming and often-times unrewarding work, but the ability to run it from a home office with minimal overheads and ongoing passive income streams affords a great deal of flexibility to spend my days as I see fit, which is mostly consumed by running around after a toddler and an infant at the moment.

This looks like fun, eh hem. -_-

I am currently working in a child care facility run by my family, picking up/dropping off children from ages 1-10 at their respective schools/cribs, helping those who are old enough with their homework, cooking food regulating with our counties nutritional guidelines, and cleaning duties that include cleaning all types of liquid/solid matter that evacuates from children's orifices. :mellow:

+ is I'm getting valuable experience for handling children, and apparently I have a lot of nephews/nieces, and the children I cared for 10 years ago have grown up and like to come and visit. ^_^

- is that I'm not getting paid. At all.

• 2 months later...