ps4 games that can be plat in one playthrough

GodL355_KniGhT01

Final Fantasy XIV can be platinummed in a single playthrough.

As can Tera, but you'll have to do a second playthrough if you want the plat for the other stack.

Star Trek Online, may be a controversial choice due the fact that you have to do multiple characters, however the other characters are in different factions so the story and quests are (mostly) different.

• Like 2

i looked through your trophy log and i suggest some games i saw as incompleted and some i didn't see:

Skyrim

Sleeping Dogs

Bioshock 1 + 2

Batman Arkham Asylum

Okami

Final Fantasy X

God of War (PS4)

Borderlands 1, 2. The Pre-Sequel

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered

Bloodborne (with a little trick at the very end)

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

Telltale's games are generally an automatic plat for playing through once. I have 100%ed The Walking Dead 1-3, Tales From The Borderlands and Wolf Among Us myself but I imagine it applies to the rest of their recent games as well. Not sure about "fun" since they are very story heavy but the stories are generally good for video games. They're generally short games, maybe 10 hours or so.

I feel the Gravity Rush series is really underappreciated and both can be completed in one playthrough each. I love just floating around through town in these games gathering gems.

• Like 3

Assassin's creed games are fun and you only need one playtrough. If you are looking for easy plats you can try some telltale games.

Watch dogs, doom, Saints row 4, Far cry games, God of war series and all Uncharted games (except 2&3 on ps3 lol, because of online grind for 100%), are also fun plats.

• Like 1

Hellblade, my dude. It's a 6-7 hour platinum, all in one single playthrough. Just make sure you get the "collectibles" and you'll be done in no time. Also, it's a damn fine game. I'd also throw in Hollow Knight but it's a long journey and a painful process even at just one playthrough

• Like 2

Let's see... from my list... that I recommend:

Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations

Atelier Games (for Arland DX, you just have to reload your last save to choose character endings... for the Mysterious trilogy, same thing, but it's much easier to get all the endings in one playthrough than with Arland)

Blue Reflection

Cat Quest

Earthlock

Fe (you get to continue post-game if you missed anything)

Final Fantasy XII

Final Fantasy XV

God of War

I Am Setsuna

Life is Strange (you can use chapter select after the game if you miss anything)

Lili: Child of Geos

Nelke and the Legendary Alchemists (though you'll probably "fail" your first playthrough, necessitating a restart)
NERO

Ni No Kuni II (you get to continue after you beat the game if you miss anything)

Oceanhorn

Yomawari: Night Alone (you get to continue after you beat the game if you miss anything)

And ones that are alright:

Claire

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Day of the Tentacle Remastered

Dragon Quest XI

LA Noire (if you don't get stuff the first time through, there's chapter select)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm (if you don't get stuff the first time through, you have chapter select)

Final Fantasy X

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

Shining Resonance Refrain (though you do have to load up the last save several times to choose particular characters for their various endings)

• Like 4

Well Resdient evil 7 can be done in about 2 plays of the game or just one if you got the dlc that unlocks madhouse, but you would need normal mode for the coins but it is nothing compaired to madhouse. also far cry 5, 4 and 3 only need 1 play of the games. plus Prey just make sure you have guides for all of them. Evil within 2 can be done now much better with the cheats so you won't have to do the painful remember game in the harder modes like I did. dead rising 2 needs only one play of it just you need friends for the online and the co op trophies so it is easy.

A  L  I  E  N :Isolation.

It's one of the best survival horror games I've ever played. You can get everything nearly done in one playthrough if you start on the hard difficulty mode. Once you've beaten it, you can be allowed to reload a certain chapter to do a few trophies such as kill humans but it'll take only 10-20 minutes to get a last few trophies. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KANERKB said:

Well Resdient evil 7 can be done in about 2 plays of the game or just one if you got the dlc that unlocks madhouse, but you would need normal mode for the coins but it is nothing compaired to madhouse. also far cry 5, 4 and 3 only need 1 play of the games. plus Prey just make sure you have guides for all of them. Evil within 2 can be done now much better with the cheats so you won't have to do the painful remember game in the harder modes like I did. dead rising 2 needs only one play of it just you need friends for the online and the co op trophies so it is easy.

I'm sure op appreciates your suggestions, but why mention 2 playthrough games when the thread topic specifically asks for single playthrough games?

I would say Murdered: Soul Suspect is a good choice, also Doom only requires you to beat the first level on a higher difficulty after the first playthrough so no actual second playthrough.

Others include:

Hellblade

Rage 2

South Park games

Pyre

Modern Warfare Remastered

These are some that I've played within the last year that I enjoyed

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bairuto said:

I'm sure op appreciates your suggestions, but why mention 2 playthrough games when the thread topic specifically asks for single playthrough games?

I would say Murdered: Soul Suspect is a good choice, also Doom only requires you to beat the first level on a higher difficulty after the first playthrough so no actual second playthrough.

Others include:

Hellblade

Rage 2

South Park games

Pyre

Modern Warfare Remastered

These are some that I've played within the last year that I enjoyed

Well only 2 things have two plays needed I mean they are very short games too. mostly evil within 2 and re7

cheers guys, much love for the suggestions.

gonna try out some of your suggestions as soon as i finish tales of vesperia on ps4. Prob not gonna platinum it way to long, first play-through near the end 50 hours in. Thats why i started this thread just to figure out what game to play and try to platinum next.

ones i have tried but for reasons didn't platium

- Final Fantasy XIV [Anyone know how long it is?? not up for another 100 hour rpg]

- Skyrim [tried this way to long of a game, put about 70 hours into it, only got to the white breads mountain if i remember right. kept getting side tracked]

- Sleeping dogs [been meaning to get back to this game, loved it but started playing other things]

- Bioshock 1 + 2 [99% of one missing one record thing, i tend not to use guides when i play, well on first playthrough] number 2 never started, heard it wasn't good as 1

- Batman arkham Collection [Love these games might go back with a guide this time just to platinum them]

- Okami [Don't know why i started this game but didn't click with me]

- God of war 2018 [missing a few ravens, need to go back with a guide]

- Dragon Quest XI [Started prob put about 20 hours got to the part where u left on a boat, other games caught my attention haven't gone back yet. Scared i might not remember how to play]

- A  L  I  E  N :Isolation. [Started this didnt' get very far, alien freaked me the hell out]

ones i have in my collection and is on the top of the suggestion list for me

- Murdered Soul Suspect

- Danganronpa Series [Got these in the mail today]

- Vampyr

- Day of the Tentacle Remastered [Started this on vita, still not finished it tho]

Ones i need to buy

- Days Gone

- Plague tale

- hellblade

thanks again guys, anymore games u guys think i should get would also help

Edited by GodL355_KniGhT01
add info

The LEGO games can be fun, but they depend on your definition of "one playthough". I've noticed that some guides here state getting 100% in many of them as two playthoughs because you need to do each level in Story Mode and then again in Free Play, but IMO as it's all done under the same file and you're not restarting the game from scratch and will likely have some red bricks by this point to help you find stuff quickly, plus you can just quit out of the level once you've found all the collectables you need, I would still view it as one. It's also helps that they're fairly short compared to most other games out there.

I also noticed on your profile that, despite playing some of the others in the series, you've not played Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. I've gotta give this one a huge recommendation. AC is a series I used to love in my 360 days, but fell off by 3. I was bought the Ezio trilogy for PS4 as a gift and replayed 2 and enjoyed it, but didn't get around to Brotherhood or Revelations yet. But recently picked up Odyssey because I was interested in seeing the changes the series had made and I like the setting, and so far I'm loving it. Also platinum wise, it seems pretty easy. Only one missable trophy, which is really easy to get, no difficulty related stuff so you can play on easy if you want, and just overall the game is a good time.

One final thing I'd like to point out for you, Final Fantasy XIV is an MMO. It has a pay monthly sub, and I dunno if anything from the expansions will help lower this, but if you want to platinum it with just the base game, it takes a MINIMUM of 6 Months. I dunno if the person recommending it meant Final Fantasy XV, which from what I've seen is an easy, and single playthough, platinum, but I'm not really sure if XIV is what you're looking for.

I'll try to give you my suggestion, but the others gave you a lot of interesting games:

• Ys VIII: one run if you play on Nightmare difficulty. It's perfect for the summer time (a huge unexplored island with beaches, forests, pirate ship, mountain, undesea ruin, etc.);
  • Kingdom Hearts: I'm talking about the PS4 versions, because in the PS3 ones the difficulty trophies don't stack (so you need multiple playthroughs). If you already played the first game, then you can earn the platinum in one run with the different challenges (hard difficulty, no continue, no changing equipments, speedrun in 15 hours. This was my 2nd hardest challenge, with all these restrictions!). The same with Kingdom Hearts II (if you start on critical mode), Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (two runs on hard difficulty. You need two runs because you play with two characters and you see two different stories), Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (three runs on critical mode for all the three characters), Kingdom Hearts 3D and Kingdom Hearts III;
  • Atelier games: one run for the Mysterious trilogy (Sophie, Firis, Lydie & Suelle), the last one (Lulua) and the first game of the Dusk trilogy (Ayesha, while Escha & Logy and Shallie require two runs);
  • Okami HD (if you pay attention to the two missable trophies, but I saw you didn't like it);
  • Alien: Isolation: one run on hard difficulty without killing humans and with no deaths;
  • Celeste: a pixel art platform. A very tough challenge (without assist mode, but the C-sides are really insane);
  • Unravel: actually you need to replay every level two or three times for collectibles and no-death run;
  • Ni no Kuni (1 & 2): both with one run and no missable trophies;
  • Secret of Mana: one run if you take care of all the missable drops. The same for Adventures of Mana;
  • Jak & Daxter Trilogy;
  • Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online;
  • Crash N. Sane Trilogy and Spyro Reignited Trilogy: actually you need to replay the levels different times, especially for the relics (Crash) or the challenges (Spyro), so I don't know if you can define them for the "one run", but I add;
  • Shining Resonance Refrain: you need to play on Refrain mode and be careful about a couple of missable trophies;
  • Nights of Azure;
  • Dark Cloud (1 & 2): they are PS2 games and they are my favourites games of my old PS2 era. But the 2nd game is very long and you need to replay the dungeons multiple times for the different challenges (fishing, mini golf game, speedrun, weapon kill requirement, etc.). But I advise you, at least, the first game, which is very short (20 - 30 hours) and interesting (both the games were made by Level 5, the same who created Ni no Kuni). But every dungeon floor map is randowm, so surely you won't play the same map twice ;);
  • Steven Universe: Save the Light: no missable trophies and you can clean up after the final boss. If you love CN take a look at this game ?;
  • NieR:Automata actually it has three different routes (A, B, C) because in the first two you play the same story but with different characters (2B and 9S), while the third is completely different;
  • Yomawari: Night Alone and Yomawari: Midnight Shadows are two survival horrors. At the end you can freely explore the towns and look for all the collectibles;
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn: well, there's the NG+ trophy but it isn't required for the platinum (it's the same for Spider-Man);
  • Rayman Origins: actually you need to replay the levels for the speedruns. I don't add Rayman Legends due to the very long online grinding with the same 3-4 challenges;
  • Gravity Rush Remastered and Gravity Rush 2;
  • Song of the Deep: this is a little gem and it's another game perfect for the summer! The soundtrack it's also very beautiful.

That's all! I hope you could find something interesting in this long list. :wave:

Edited by Phoenix_argentea
  • Like 2

-Assassin's Creed II is fairly easy, only one playthrough, just a bit of feather collecting and doing very specific but simple tasks related mostly to combat/assassination.

-Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD from the AC III Remaster I found surprisingly easy and quick, yet it's still a rare plat.

-AC: Origins and Odyssey also if you are willing to go slow and steady.

-Kingdom Hearts can be done in a single playthrough, even though I would recommend to do 2 or 3 if you don't wanna end up hating the game.

-Kingdom Hearts III is a far more common plat than KH1, which probably means it's easier, but I found it more annoying than KH1, yet can be done in one single save.

-Donut County may require some replaying but it's barely noticeable.

-METAGAL: you can plat it in under 15 minutes, hardest challenge is just killing your first boss.

-Undertale: you also don't need to finish the game, just reach a certain point before the true final stretch and donate to the dog shrine.

-Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is an easy, single-playthrough plat but if you are like me, you might find the game a mixed bag.

-Skyrim. The only thing that can make it long and tedious (and more than a single playthrough) are bugs but having multiple saves, patience, and liking the game will help.

-Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is easier than it looks, though can be a drag if you aren't into Igavanias.

• 1 year later...

Ghostbusters the video game remastered and specifically remastered. Play through once and with less than $100,000 in damage. Then just load a level and destroy 3,000,000 dollars of property, and play load the final boss. It’s like 1 and 1/10 of a play through. Very easy. Make sure to do the $100,000 first, because you’ll have to completely restart.