Good/fun games able to be played one handed?

MandA60VISE

I just got my right/dominate arm in a cast and it's making a noticeable effect on most games. Right now I just have Darkest Dungeon and a few visual novels I can play where it wouldn't matter. Anymore suggestions? I have PS3, 4, and Vita and hell if you wanna suggest a Nintendo game or something from PS1 or 2 go ahead as well.

• Like 1

Heh I know a game that requires only one hand... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyways, how about some of those TellTale games, you can enjoy some nice stories and it can possibly be done one-handed.

Maybe PS4 library might have a checkers or chess game?

Also I hope your arm gets better :)

Edited by Chocolate GiddyUp
  • Like 3

Late Shift and The Bunker are interactive movie games, very enjoyable. I also love One Tap Hero can also be played one handed. Of course the walking dead games can most likely also be played one handed, there are many fun and enjoyable games out there :)

Happy hunting

Best regards Inferno

Pretty sure there are one-handed controllers out there but probably a pointless investment.

Rpg's although ATB's might be a problem.  I would imagine most point and click or walking sims might be doable but tbh it's not something I've ever considered...playing one-handed, not playing point and click/walking sims.  lol

Earthbound. I was advertised as being playable with one hand. Sadly, the game is hard to play legally. Getting a SNES copy will cost you an arm and a leg; It's available on the Wii U for a reasonable price but nobody has a Wii U.

Pokémon: Let's Go Eevee.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, danceswithsloths said:

Both the South Park games i think would be tolerable with one hand. Both games have turn paced combat and an easy pace.

I've been wanting to try them since I heard they are similar to Paper Mario gameplay wise.

9 minutes ago, SixyLove said:

Earthbound. I was advertised as being playable with one hand. Sadly, the game is hard to play legally. Getting a SNES copy will cost you an arm and a leg; It's available on the Wii U for a reasonable price but nobody has a Wii U.

Joke's on me, I own a Wii U (never want to touch it again though).

The cast should only stay on for about 2 or 3 weeks doctor said since nothing really major happened. What doofus trips on the sidewalk anyways?

Can anyone else confirm if Path of Exile can be played with ease one handed?

• Like 2

There are Wii games that can be played with just the Wiimote alone, like both Endless Ocean games. Actually I don't think they can even be played two handed. I think maybe some PS Move stuff could work with one hand, but I have very limited experience with Move controls.

2 hours ago, SixyLove said:

I’ve got earthbound on my 2DS, it’s glorious! Virtual Console games on there are wonderful! Maybe even go for Pokemon R/B/Y or G/S/C from the gameboy/colour era (also on 2DS VC) 

2 hours ago, danceswithsloths said:

Both the South Park games i think would be tolerable with one hand. Both games have turn based combat and an easy pace.

You sure about that?

I tried the first one with both hands, but having the arthritis thumb I couldn't continue because some of the movements require rotation of left analog and then calculate the shooting with the other hand. So I just dropped.

5 hours ago, SixyLove said:

It's also available on the snes classic 

Beat Saber in one-handed mode ?

But seriously though.. Any walking simulator such as What Remains of Edith Finch, or some narrative-driven game such as Oxenfree (only mentioning, NOT recommending that one). Or as previously mentioned, any turn-based RPG... Any Final Fantasy previous to XII is doable one-handed. I would not recommend Persona 5 as you need to react to enemies roaming around and that can get a bit hectic with one hand only. 

Hope your arm gets better soon!

Edited by Arcesus7